SnO19

Siblings & Oblivious
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Siblings and Oblivious [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] "Banana Milk" [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

 

At school, whenever they pass by each other, and even while working at the café together, no one actually spared a glance. Iseul was still smiling like usual just like how she usually did, but on the other side, Taehyung got his expression blank all the time instead of being mad.

It had been a week and just like what Taehyung said, he could only helped Iseul at the café for that period of time. The 12 graders had to revise and get extra classes for their national exams coming up in 2 weeks.

Now that I think about it, how did we even get into a fight? Iseul blew a raspberry, as her eyes were getting heavier whenever she took a look at the theories in front of her. Her right hand was barely moving that she had missed quite many notes from the teacher.

Soojin worriedly looked at her seatmate. She noticed her change for this one week—looking very miserable and very low in mood. Her smiles were very fake, and only Soojin who was able to see through that. Yep, put Taehyung aside since they barely met already.

Why can’t I talk to guys? We’re just friends anyway. Iseul flipped to the very back page of her notebook, taking her pencil and started scribbling something unclear. He’s not even my father. Who is he to control me? She accidentally pressed the pencil too hard that the lead broke. Iseul frowned at it and took another lead for her mechanical pencil.

“Kwon Iseul?” The teacher called.

“Yes, miss?” She stopped midway in refilling her pencil lead and looked up with a smile. Mrs. Yoon shook her head and smiled softly, “I thought you were sleeping. You look pale, though. Do you want to go to the healthcare unit?”

“I’m fine, Ma’am. I—“

“I’ll take her there.” Soojin got up from her seat and gave a small bow to Mrs. Yoon. The woman nodded in approval as Iseul frowned while exiting the class. “I’m okay. What’s with you?”

“You don’t look fine at all. Did you even get enough sleep last night?”

Iseul opened but couldn’t say anything. She had been thinking quite much about the fight of her and Taehyung that she could barely sleep. And even if she could, she had only slept for about 3 to 4 hours only.

Soojin opened up the door for her as the two entered the healthcare unit. There was a note attached on the wall where it was stated that the nurse wouldn’t be present today.

“Well, that’s good. You wouldn’t feel like being watched when you sleep.” Soojin shrugged her shoulders and gestured her bestfriend to lie on the bed. Iseul did what she was told to do and comfortably shifted her position into a better one, later on, got her body covered up by the quilt.

“Thanks, Soojinnie.” Iseul giggled softly.

“Take a good rest, okay?” She poked her cheeks once and left the room to let her friend rest.

Soojin exited the room and accidentally met Taehyung, who had just come out from the toilet. He gave her a small smile as she returned it. “What were you doing at the healthcare unit?” He asked, eyeing at the door.

“Ah, it wasn’t me. Iseul wasn’t feeling well, so I brought her there.” Soojin said, sighing.

She was sick? Taehyung thought, suddenly felt guilty. “What happened to her?”

“Iseul wouldn’t tell me. But I bet she had so many thoughts and barely got sleep, judging by her pale face.”

Now, the male totally felt bad. He had never really thought of her, getting unwell because of him. All Taehyung had been thinking was just his national exams, not really much about the ‘fight’. And due to him, studying everyday, he felt tired easily that he always slept peacefully.

“I see.” Taehyung frowned, “Alright then, thanks for telling me. I need to return now.”

“Aren’t you going to check up on her?” Soojin asked, feeling a little suspicious since he wouldn’t even want to take a single glance at his own soulmate. But thankfully, Taehyung was very good at acting.

“Probably during break. It will start in another 10 minutes and my teacher would be mad if I’m gone.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“Oh, okay.” She nodded in understanding and walked away, “I’ll be heading to mine. See ya.”

“Yeah, see ya.” Taehyung murmured. He then turned to the direction of the healthcare unit, peeping through the door and found Iseul laying on the bed motionlessly. He slowly twisted the doorknob and entered with little steps, trying not to wake her up.

Taehyung walked closer to her and observed her beautiful facial features, despite how pale she looked. Just like before, her angelic face had never failed to awe him. He let out a small sigh and frowned. “It’s my fault you’re like this. I’m sorry, Seul.”

He then went for the exit lightly, trying not to wake the girl up. Little did he know, Iseul heard every single word he said, and unconsciously smiled before drifting off to sleep for real.

Peacefully.   

 

The automatic doors went open as soon as he stood in front of it. Taehyung casually walked into the library with some heavy textbooks on his arms. Most of the students inside were all the twelve graders, preparing for the upcoming national exams—he supposed.

Taehyung went to search for some empty seats, luckily, found one at the very edge of the library. He placed his books and pencil case on the table, later on, his water bottle. The male then proceeded to the shelves to get more references. First day of the exams would be Biology, one of the subjects he hated—unfortunately.

“Yo! Searching for Biology references too?” He felt an arm placed on his shoulder. “You think, Sehun?” Taehyung gave him a look jokingly before the two laughed in unison. He was a classmate of his whom sometimes chatted some random topics with during free time.

“Are you here alone?” Sehun questioned.

“Yep. Jin wouldn’t need to study.”

“That genius.” He shook his head and grinned, “So, I’ll see you around man. I gotta go back to Jongin, he’s waiting.”

“See ya.” Taehyung gave

Please log in to read the full chapter