CHAPTER XIII SEOHYUN DAY

If Only..

CHAPTER XIII

SEOHYUN DAY

 

Another Sunday came and Tiffany found herself at the mall again. She glanced at the blonde girl next to her and pouted when she found Krystal was clinging on to her like usual. The blue eyed girl was wearing a white T-shirt and a pair of ripped blue jeans and sneakers, and she topped it off with a dark blue hoodie jacket as the weather was very cold this time of year. Still very cute, Tiffany thought.

But then she noticed that Krystal was staring at her, with her small eyes that said, Stop staring at my sister! And Tiffany quickly looked away. The black haired American girl then found the smiling girl who was the reason they all came here; Seo Juhyun. The youngest trainee girl was upset and did not talk to anyone for a couple of days; all because Yuri and Yoona left her alone at the amusement park last week and the rest of the girls had almost forgotten about her, if not for the blue eyed girl noticing she was missing. When all methods to cheer her up failed, they asked their “ace” Jessica to persuade her to forgive them, and only succeeded at doing so when she promised Juhyun that they would dedicate a whole day to make her happy. And that was how they got here.

Perhaps I should’ve stopped talking too so they’d make me queen for the day, Tiffany sighed. Her thoughts were interrupted by Juhyun’s sudden squeal. “Unnies! I want to watch a movie!”

“Okay, okay.” Yuri forced a smile. “Let’s go, girls! Princess Seohyun wants to watch a movie!”

And all the girls shouted together, “Yay!”

“Just make sure no one gets left behind this time,” Taeyeon sighed. “And make sure to call if you get separated!”

“It wasn’t my fault my battery died last time, unnie.” Seohyun pouted. “You know I would’ve called you the minute Yuri unnie and Yoona unnie decided to left me if not.”

“Y-Yeah, it wasn’t her fault, unnie!” Yoona quickly came to her aid.

“Yeah; stop blaming Princess Seohyun!” Yuri added.

“Okay, okay…” The slanted eyed girl sighed once again. “Let’s just keep head counts, okay?”

And Tiffany unknowingly started to count the girls; Jessica, Krystal, Seohyun… They were all here, except for Ri-in, Jihye and Yujin, because they had other appointments today.

“Let’s go, unnies!” Seohyun shouted in glee, and the girls followed her to the cinema.

 

“Oh, you have got to be kidding me…” Yuri let out a deep sigh as she stared at her ticket.

“You want to watch a cartoon?” Sooyoung was equally disappointed.

“Yes!” Juhyun’s eyes were shining. “Cartoons and animations are the best!”

And every girl except for Seohyun and Krystal sighed. Krystal giggled as she showed her ticket to the older Jung, who just smiled indifferently.

“Cartoons are fun.” The blonde said to Tiffany when she noticed the latter girl was staring at her.

The crescent eyed girl returned her smile and nodded, only to be glared by the younger Jung once again.

She seems extra hostile towards me today, Tiffany thought as she quickly looked away.

“Let’s buy some snacks while we wait for the movie.” Sooyoung walked ahead.

“Good idea.” Yoona quickly followed her.

 

After getting some snacks they waited at a local coffee shop for the movie to start. Yuri and Yoona were trying their best to keep Juhyun entertained, including buying her her favorite drinks and some chocolate cakes. After buying her some snacks, the duo spent the time praising Seohyun; from the pretty green dress she wore today to her excellent movie selection they were going to watch. Taeyeon sighed and shook her head a couple of times when Yuri went all out and praised Juhyun for pointing out how her iced coffee was a little too bitter for her taste,

“Seohyun has great tasting buds; she can tell immediately that the coffee is too bitter.” Were Yuri exact words; and Yoona quickly agreed with her older friend.

Juhyun was certainly enjoying every praise and attention they gave her, and Tiffany giggled at their silly attempt to ask for her forgiveness. She then glanced at the blue eyed girl who saw their foolish acts and giggled too. The crescent eyed girl, however, noticed how Krystal kept glaring at her at every chance she got.

Something’s not right, The black haired American girl thought, but she could not figure out what she had done to the little girl to deserve such treatment. She then decided to ask her older sister if she knew anything about her later; preferably when the glaring ten year old girl was not around.

“Okay, I think it’s time, girls.” Taeyeon said. “Come on, let’s go.”

“To the cinema!” Yuri sounded too excited, and the girls laughed at her.

 

One hour and forty five minutes later, the girls stepped out of the cinema; laughing and giggling.

“Did you see that?” Sooyoung laughed. “That pink star fish was funny as hell!”

“Yes!” Tiffany agreed. “I love him so much!”

“What’s his name again, Juhyun?” She turned to Seohyun, who was giggling along.

“Patrick Star, unnie.” Seohyun laughed.

“Yes; Patrick Star!” The crescent eyed girl squealed. “I think I’m in love!”

“You only love him because he’s pink.” Jessica giggled.

“Oh, you’re just jealous, Jessie!”

“Why would I be jealous of a cartoon character?” The blonde stuck her tongue out, and Tiffany felt another hot glare coming from her younger sister next to her.

Her sister has an icy glare and she has a fiery glare; what a combination, She thought to herself as she yet again gave up and looked away.

“And did you see how they rode David Hasselhoff in the end?” Sooyoung held her stomach. “It was so funny!”

“Yes, Sooyoung; we saw it.” Yuri giggled. “We were in there with you; watching the same movie.”

“I don’t understand how the plankton can burn the town,” Taeyeon gave her opinion. “They were under water, for Christ’s sake!”

“Oh, Taeyeon unnie,” Yoona laughed. “Stop thinking about logic; you’ll ruin the fun!”

“I think I made a good decision to watch that movie, don’t you think, unnie?” Seohyun looked very proud of her choice.

“Yes, Princess Seohyun,” Yoona giggled. “You made the right choice; like always.”

“It was very fun, right unnie?” Krystal was still clinging to the older Jung.

“Yes it was.” The blonde girl nodded and petted her hair. Krystal smiled at the gesture and tightened her hold on her sister’s arm.

Tiffany glanced at the two and muttered. “Why does she always cling to her like that?”

“Because they’re sisters?” Sooyoung heard her odd comment.

“O-Oh!” The crescent eyed girl was surprised that the tall girl heard her and blushed. She then walked ahead to avoid any more embarrassment and turned around to Seohyun after a few steps.

“So, what do you want to do next, Juhyun?” She flashed her eye smile.

But she noticed that Seohyun was looking at another direction with a sad look on her face. Tiffany followed her gaze and realized that she was staring at the two Jungs. The crescent eyed girl quickly turned back to Seohyun and noticed the girl took a deep breath and exhaled it with a bit of force, making a subtle noise through her nose. Juhyun then turned around and caught Tiffany was staring at her, and she immediately put on a cute smile on her face.

“What did you say, Tiffany unnie?” Her smile was a bit contrast with her eyes.

What’s wrong with her?

“I-I was asking what you want to do next, Juhyun-ah…” The crescent eyed girl tried to hide the curiosity in her voice.

“Oh!” The youngest trainee smiled widely. “Let’s find something to eat first!”

“Great choice, Princess Seohyun!” Yuri said loudly as she threw her arm around her. “To the food court, girls!”

And the girls followed the two, still laughing and giggling as they talked more about the movie they just saw.

 

“Does this place only serve salads?” Sooyoung looked disappointed.

“They have other things too, unnie.” Seohyun said calmly. “Healhty foods.”

“Ugh, can I order someplace else and brought the food here?” The tallest girl whined.

“You can’t, unnie.” Seohyun crossed her arms. “I’m the princess of the day; and you have to follow my exact words.”

“Fine…” The tall tanned girl gave up and browsed the menu once more.

“But I don’t like the food here, unnie!” Krystal was pulling her older sister’s hand. “I want meat!”

“M.E.A.T; meat!”

“But they have some meat here, Soojung-ah…” Jessica was trying to persuade her. “Look; they have vegetarian katsudon here.”

“Delicious katsudon made from tofu…” The blonde girl read the menu and was disappointed.

“Egh, that’s not meat!” Krystal looked disgusted.

“Soojung-ah…”

“That’s okay, Sica unnie.” Juhyun suddenly said. “Krystal can order from someplace else.”

“Really?” The younger Jung was grinning now. “Thank you, Juhyun unnie!

“Come on, unnie!” Krystal quickly pulled Jessica from her seat. “I want to eat pizza!”

“Pizza?” Tiffany suddenly shouted. “I want pizza too!”

“Oh, me too!” Sooyoung and Yoona quickly stood up.

“No.” Seohyun smiled sweetly and pulled Yoona back down and gestured the other two to sit. “You have to eat what they have here.”

“Boo; it’s not fair…” Tiffany pouted as she stared at the two siblings that were already on their way to get some pizza.

Taeyeon and Yuri giggled at the three disappointed girls and told them to just order something that looked good from the menu.

 

“Are you a vegetarian, Juhyun?” Tiffany asked her while they were waiting for their meals to come.

“No, I’m not, unnie.” The younger girl said calmly. “Why?”

“Well, then why did you want to eat here?” The crescent eyed girl asked again.

“I just wanted you unnies to eat something healthy once in a while.” Seohyun giggled.

“Then why did you let Sica unnie and Krystal get pizza?” Yoona stared at her younger friend in disbelief.

“I-I…” Seohyun looked unprepared for that question. “She’s still young!”

“A-And you have been eating too many junk food lately, unnie!” She stared back at Yoona.

“I don’t eat too many junk food!” The older girl tried to defend herself.

“Who are you kidding, unnie?” The younger sighed. “I know how you always eat snacks and crackers and those street foods.”

“Ugh, fine!” The deer-eyed girl surprisingly gave up; too quickly.

Seohyun smiled proudly like she had won a long argument. Tiffany stared at the two young girls and turned to Sooyoung, who was sitting beside her.

“They seem pretty close with each other.” The crescent eyed girl talked in low voice so the two would not hear her.

“Oh, yeah.” Sooyoung explained in equally low voice. “They’ve been friends since they were kids; that’s why.”

“Oh, I see…” Tiffany nodded.

“Do you want to ask why Jessica and Krystal seem so close too?” The tall girl whispered when she saw the two Jungs were coming their way with their pizza.

“W-What are you talking about?” The crescent eyed girl was so surprised with the sudden question that her voice came out too loud.

Sooyoung laughed and Tiffany quickly put her finger on her lips to tell the tall girl to keep it down, as she also noticed that Jessica and Krystal were close by.

The girls turned to look at the laughing girl and the blushing American, as they were surprised by the sudden loud laugh from the tallest girl. The two Jungs were now already sitting back in their seats, staring at the odd duo in confusion.

“What happened with them?” The blonde girl asked.

All the other girls shrugged as they were equally confused, and Tiffany pretended to discovered something interesting in the menu and covered her blushing face with it when she noticed that the blue eyed girl was staring at her.

“Yum, pizza!” Krystal giggled as she was more interested in the food her older sister bought for her than the two odd duo.

 

After eating their healthy meals, the girls decided to walk around the mall until they found something interesting, or more accurately; until Seohyun found something she found interesting.

“Oh, look!” Juhyun suddenly shouted. “A photo sticker booth!”

“Didn’t we try that already at the park?” Yuri innocently asked.

“I didn’t get to try it since you unnies left me when I was buying your drinks.” Seohyun looked sad.

“O-Oh!” The tanned girl quickly tried to redeem herself. “H-How could I forget? Silly me!”

“Come on then, girls!” She continued. “Let’s take some cute pictures with our princess Seohyun!”

“She’s trying too hard.” Sooyoung giggled as they walked towards the booth.

“Okay,” Taeyeon said. “Who do you want to take the picture with first, Juhyun?”

“Hmm…” The young girl stared at her unnies. “Sica unnie!

“Sure.” The blonde girl smiled and entered the photo booth with Seohyun.

Krystal was about to say something but decided not to, since she thought that her older sister would reprimand her for rebelling against their princess-for-the-day’s wishes.

“Oh, look how cute Seohyun is!” Yuri said when she saw their pictures came out. “I’m next!”

And the girls took turn taking pictures with Seohyun; even Krystal, although she looked uneager to do so.

In the meantime the other girls decided to take some pictures too, since they were already there. Tiffany saw that as an opportunity to take pictures with a certain blonde girl, since they didn’t get to do so at the amusement park. She politely declined Taeyeon’s invitation to try the booth with her, and decided to wait for Jessica to finish her photo session with Sooyoung.

The blonde and the tall girl stepped out of the booth giggling, as they took some silly pictures of themselves acting like some y models they saw in magazines. The crescent eyed girl was about to ask Jessica, when Krystal suddenly linked her arm with her older sister’s and dragged her into the booth once more.

What a perfect timing, Jung Soojung… Tiffany sighed, and a short girl with slanted eyes was staring at her odd behavior the whole time.

 

Seohyun carefully put the stickers inside her hand bag, while the other girls patiently waiting for her next wish.

“So, what to do next, princess Seohyun?” Yuri asked again.

“Hmm,” The younger girl seemed to have run out of ideas.

“I think I already got what I wanted the most.” Juhyun smiled her sweetest. “I’ll let you decide this time, unnies.

“Hmm,” The girls all took the moment to think.

“I think I just want to hangout at the café…” Sooyoung said, and Taeyeon and Yoona agreed with her.

“I still want to look around…” Tiffany shared her thought.

“Ugh, you mean you want to do some window shopping?” Yuri remembered how the crescent eyed girl was a window shopping maniac. “I don’t think that’s—“

“—Oh! Let’s look around then!” Seohyun seemed to welcome the idea.

And Yuri had no choice but to follow the princess for the day. “Well then; let’s go!”

“I think I’ll pass…” Taeyeon looked not so eager to walk around the mall some more.

“Me too…” Sooyoung and Yoona said together. “We’ll wait for you guys at the coffee shop.”

“Do you want to go, Soojung?” Jessica asked her younger sister, and Krystal quickly nodded happily.

“We’ll see you guys later, then.” The blonde girl waved to the three.

“Okay…” The tall tanned girl waved back.

 

After browsing through some clothing and accessories stores the mall had to offer, the girls decided that the toy shop would be their final stop. Seohyun and Tiffany rushed towards the store since it was their favorite shop in the whole mall. Yuri sighed as she already felt tired from all the walking, but quickly followed Seohyun into the shop. Krystal was still clinging to her older sister and happily dragged her into the shop too.

“Oh, look at this, unnie!” Seohyun’s eyes were shining brightly like diamonds and showed Yuri a pillow shaped as Crayon Sin-chan’s face. “Isn’t this the cutest?”

“Um…” The tanned girl looked uninterested for a second before she realized that it was her chance to earn the younger’s forgiveness.

“Yeah, yeah! It’s so cute!” Yuri flashed her brightest smile. “Do you want it?”

“No…” The younger girl looked sad as she put the pillow back on the shelves. “… Umma wouldn’t like me spending too much money on these things…”

“Oh, don’t worry,” The older girl took the pillow and handed it back to her. “I’ll buy it for you!”

“R-Really?” Seohyun was surprised and her eyes grew bigger in an instant, but she quickly declined the offer. “Y-You don’t have to, unnie…”

“Aw, it’s okay, Seohyun.” Yuri smiled. “Think of it as my way of saying I’m sorry for leaving you back then.”

“But I already forgave you, Yuri unnie,” Juhyun shook her head, but her eyes were still staring at the pillow in her arms. “You don’t have to buy me anything…”

“And besides; you already paid for my movie ticket and lunch…”

“Yeah; but I split them with Yoona,” The tanned girl insisted. “So this would be my official gift for you.”

“B-But unnie…” The younger girl seemed conflicted, but her arms did not want to let go of the pillow.

Yuri noticed that, and she quickly took the pillow away from her and walked towards the cashier.

“I’m buying this; end of discussion.” She laughed.

“Ooh…” Juhyun’s eyes were teary and she showed her sincere gratitude by hugging the tanned girl. “Thank you, Yuri unnie!

Yuri laughed and pulled away from the girl. “You’re very welcome, princess…”

“Now wait for me out front while I pay for this.”

Seohyun did what was told and rushed towards the entrance of the toy shop. Yuri stood in line for the cashier and took the time to check the price for the cute pillow.

“Oh, my God…” She gasped when she realized the cost was a little beyond her reach right now since she already spent her money on movie tickets and lunch.

 

Meanwhile the two Jungs were staring at a white polar bear stuffed doll. Krystal had been staring at the stuff animal for quite some time now, and her older sister knew that look on her face too well.

“Do you want it?” The blonde asked the tall little girl, who quickly turned to face her older sister and showed her sad pleading eyes and pouting lips.

“You don’t have to give me that look, you know.” Jessica giggled at her cute little sister and petted her hair.

“Mom said I have too many dolls in my bed…” Krystal stared at her feet.

“Well, if she’s right and you have too many dolls; then she wouldn’t notice a new cute bear sitting on your bed, now would she?” The blonde smiled her sweetest and winked.

“Oh! Thank you, unnie!” Krystal quickly jumped and hugged her older sister.

“I love you so much!” And she showered Jessica with kisses.

“Okay, okay; I love you too, cute Soojung.” The blue eyed girl giggled and pulled away. “Do you want anything else?”

“No.” The little girl smiled and hugged the stuffed polar bear.

“Okay then, let me pay for it first.” Jessica took out some money from her wallet.

“Oh! I want to pay!” Krystal pleaded.

“Sure.” Her older sister handed her the money. “Be careful when holding money, okay?”

“Okay!” Krystal giggled and rushed towards the cashier with the doll in her arms.

 

Jessica stared at her cute little sister and giggled; unaware that a certain crescent eyed girl was looking at her with her own cute pout.

Tiffany sighed and turned away when she noticed the blonde looked to her direction. She then proceeded to look around the store some more.

The crescent eyed girl stopped when she saw a little pink stuffed teddy bear hugging a pink diary. She stared at the cute doll and smiled. What a cute little thing you are… She thought to herself.

“Ah, yes…” She could smell the familiar alluring scent of melon perfume on her back. “… A pink bear and a pink diary.”

Tiffany turned her head and stared at the giggling blonde.

“How pinker can you get from this?” The blue eyed girl .

“What?” She turned again to look at the pink bear. “You just don’t know cute when you see one.”

“Oh, but I know.” The blonde leaned closer. “I’m looking at her now…”

Tiffany was all too familiar with the burning sensation on her face, and she quickly moved away from Jessica. But this time she could not help but smiled at her comment, and somehow she felt really happy hearing her said that cheesy line. The crescent eyed girl desperately tried to keep her lips from smiling even wider before the blue eyed girl noticed it. She walked into another alley in the store and avoided eye contact with her.

“I thought you like that bear?” Jessica followed her with a cute smile.

“So?” She turned around to cover her smiling face. Stop smiling, Tiffany!

“Aren’t you going to buy him?” The blonde rushed to her side and peeked at her face.

“Perhaps some other time.” The crescent eyed girl quickly covered her face with her hands.

“Why are you hiding your face?” The blonde asked innocently.

“Why do you care?”

“It’s rude to hide your face when someone is talking to you, you know.” And Jessica pulled her hands away from her blushing face, only to see the crescent eyed girl stuck her tongue out to her and quickly walked away.

“I think it’s time to go, San Francisco…” Tiffany said as she kept on walking.

“Well, you’re no fun, Los Angeles…” She giggled.

 

“Sica-yah!” A tanned girl suddenly grabbed her hand, and the blonde girl turned around with a surprised look.

“Yuri!” Jessica said as she put her hand on her chest. “You surprised me!”

“I need another favor.” She begged her blue eyed friend. “Please, Sica…”

“What is it?”

“Can I borrow some money?” The tanned girl pleaded. “Pretty please?”

“What do you need it for?”

“I want to buy this pillow for Seohyun…” She muttered shyly as she showed the blonde the pillow.

“What?” Jessica looked puzzled. “Why?”

“I just want to give her something to let her know that I’m really sorry that I left here the other day…”

The blonde girl stared at her friend for a while before she walked to a showcase.

“Pweassee, Sica?” Yuri would not let go of her hand and followed her. “I’ll owe you one…”

“You already owe me twice, Yuri.” But Jessica knew she could not resist her friend’s request.

“Okay!” The tanned girl’s voice was starting to tremble a bit. “I owe you thrice, then!”

Jessica stopped at a certain spot and turned around. “Okay.”

“Really?” Yuri squealed and hugged her blonde friend. “You’re the best, Sica!”

“Okay, okay.” The blue eyed girl giggled. “Hang on; I need to buy something too.”

 

After Jessica and Yuri had bought what they wanted the girls decided to head back to the coffee shop since it was already getting late. They were just about ten meters from the shop when they saw Sooyoung standing from her seat.

“What took you guys so long?” Sooyoung had her arms crossed on her chest. “I almost spent my whole allowance on coffees!”

“Sorry, sorry…” Yuri giggled. “Let’s go.”

Yoona then noticed that Seohyun was carrying a shopping bag and wearing a big smile on her face.

“What do you have there, Seohyunnie?” She asked as she took a peek inside the bag and saw the cute pillow.

“It’s a gift from Yuri unnie.” Seohyun eyes were sparkling.

“A gift from who?” Yoona looked surprised.

“Oh, you…” She turned around and glared at her tanned older friend. “You cheated, Yuri unnie!

“W-What do you mean, Yoona?” Yuri was laughing awkwardly. “I-I just thought since she likes cartoon characters so much—“

“—Ugh! Now I have to buy her something!” Yoona looked upset.                

“But you don’t have to buy me any—“ Seohyun was about to say something.

“—Shush, Juhyun.” The deer eyed girl raised her finger to the younger girl’s lips.

“But I—“

“—I said shush!”

The girls all laughed when they saw Yoona walked ahead, and Yuri and Seohyun quickly followed and tried to comfort her.

“Well, I guess it’s time to go home.” Taeyeon said to her friends. “Everyone’s here right?”

“Yes, Taeyeon unnie,” Tiffany giggled and . “Everyone’s here.”

“Okay, let’s go now.”

 

The girls were waiting for their buses at the bus stop when Tiffany noticed a taxi was pulling over near them. She then stared at the blonde girl who was walking towards them.

“Sorry guys, but I think we’ll go first,” Jessica said to them while carrying her sleeping younger sister in her arms and their shopping bags. “Soojung is tired…”

“It’s okay, Jessie. You should go home first.” The crescent eyed girl smiled and waved to her. “Bye.”

“Bye-bye, Sica.” Sooyoung and the other girls waved to her too.

The blonde girl carefully sat Krystal inside the car without waking her, and was about to stepped into the vehicle herself before she remembered something.

“Oh, Tiff.” The blonde said and handed the crescent eyed girl one of her shopping bags. “You forgot your shopping bag.”

“My what?” Tiffany looked confused. “But I didn’t buy any—“

“--Tiffany, our bus is here!” Taeyeon shouted as a bus stopped in front of them. “Hurry!”

“Oh!” The crescent eyed girl was surprised that she didn’t have time to talk to Jessica, who was already running to her taxi.

“Bye, Tiff!” The blonde smiled. “See you tomorrow!”

“Oh! Wait,” Tiffany didn’t know what to do. “Jessie!”

“Tiffany!” Sooyoung was getting impatient. “Hurry or we’ll leave you!”

 

It was almost 1 am and Tiffany was sitting on the couch in the living room. She was all alone right now, since all her friends went to bed 15 minutes ago. She stared at the pink teddy bear stuffed doll holding a pink diary in front of her. The crescent eyed girl then glanced to her phone and noticed that there was no new message in her inbox. The girl thought it was a little strange, since she usually would receive a text message at this hour; a text message from the blonde girl she wanted to speak her mind to right now.

Tiffany sighed and picked up her cell phone and browsed through her contacts. She found the girl’s name and pressed the green button and put the phone next to her ears. She waited for the blue eyed girl to pick up.

What's up, Los Angeles? It was Jessica’s sweet voice, which normally would make her happy; but this time she was not in the mood for her teasing.

“Why did you buy me the teddy bear?” Tiffany decided to go straight to the point.

What do you mean? The blonde sounded puzzled.

“I’m not in the mood for games, Jessica.”

Okay…

The crescent eyed girl waited for a moment.

“So?”

Tiffany could hear the blonde sighed before saying; I bought it because I thought you liked it.

“And?”

And I wanted to give you the doll. Jessica was starting to get annoyed.

“Why?”

Why not?

“I can’t accept this.”

Why?

“Because you can’t just give people things because you want to!”

So I can’t buy my friends gifts?

“You can!” Tiffany tried to explain her thoughts. “On birthdays! Or Christmas!”

Why can’t I give gifts whenever I want to?

“Because that’s not how this thing works!” The crescent eyed girl was starting to get upset.

Yuri bought a pillow for Seohyun.

“Because she wanted to apologize!”

Oh, so I have to do something wrong to you first and then I can give you gifts?

“What?” She bit her lower lip in frustration. “Of course not!”

“It’s just…” She tried to find the correct words. “It’s just that…”

Yes?

“It’s just not common for people to give gifts without specific reasons!”

It’s not common?

Yes, Jessica! It’s inappropriate, in fact!”

“I’m not used to people buying me things!”

Oh, I see… Inappropriate…

“Yes, inappropriate!” Tiffany let out a sigh of relief. “Now that you finally unders—“

--My turn now.

“What?”

 

In America it’s considered rude and inappropriate if you chew with your mouth open and make sounds, correct?

“Yes…” The crescent eyed girl wondered what her point was.

But in this country it is not considered to be rude. In fact; most people here chew and talk at the same time and make lots of noises. Jessica continued.

“Right…”

But you don’t go telling Yuri or Sooyoung to stop doing that.

“Yes, of course; it would be rude to tell them that.” Tiffany knew it was common sense.

Why is that? The blonde asked her.

“What?”

Why is that rude? And Tiffany somehow could picture Jessica was adjusting her glasses.

“Because… Because we live in a different country, and we have to accept their customs here.”

“It would hurt their feelings if I told them to stop talking with their mouths full.”

Good. Now you see my point.

“What point? I don’t see how that relates to our problem.” The crescent eyed girl was puzzled.

Jessica let out a deep sigh, You understand that every country has different customs, right?

“Yes…”

And you have to appreciate what they think is appropriate to them, even if you found it rude.

“Yes…”

So even if other people don’t normally give gifts unless it’s Christmas or your birthday, you have to appreciate that I find it perfectly fine to give gifts to people I care about anytime I want.

“Well…” And Tiffany ran out of arguments to give. She thought about what the blonde said for a while and found no error to them. But it was probably because her mind was focusing on Jessica’s words that said she only give gifts to people she cares about. So she cares about me? Tiffany was smiling widely.

Tiff… It would hurt my feeling if you don’t accept my gift.

“I-I…” The crescent eyed girl’s face was bright red but she immediately shook her head. Of course she cares about me; I’m her friend!

Do you like it?

“Uh…” Her mind was drawing blank.

The pink teddy bear! Do you like it?

“Yes…” She whispered.

I can’t hear you, Tiff…

“I love it!” Tiffany was blushing and grinning from ear to ear, and she could hear the blonde girl giggled on the other side of the phone.

“Thank you…”

Took you long enough…

“I’m sorry…”

I don’t need your sorry.

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” And somehow she felt like she needed to say those words a few hundred times more.

That’s more like it, And they both giggled.

“But I don’t want you giving me anything next time without a proper reason!” The crescent eyed girl said after a while.

“I don’t want you spending your money for me.”

“I’m not used to it, and I don’t want to get used to it.” She said firmly.

God; you’re one stubborn girl…

“Promise me.”

What?

“Promise me, Jessie.”

I promise I will not give you gifts without proper reason.

There; happy?

“Very.” She giggled.

 

“But what am I going to do with the diary, though?” Tiffany asked while hugging the pink teddy bear.

What do you usually do with a diary?

“Hmm?”

You write on them, silly.

“Oh, right.” The crescent eyed girl giggled. “What should I write?”

Anything, really… It’s your diary, so you can decide what to write on them.

“Oh, yeah…” Tiffany suddenly remembered something. “I used to keep a diary when I was younger…”

“I used to write on it every night…”

That’s good. And now you can continue doing that.

“Thank you.”

You’re welcome… So, are you going to write about me?

“Maybe…” Tiffany smiled.

Oh, you are so going to write about me. Jessica giggled.

“Is it wrong to write about your best friend?”

No, no, it’s not… Tiffany could tell that Jessica was smiling her sweetest on the other side of the phone. Thank you…

“For what?”

For thinking I’m your best friend…

And the crescent eyed girl blushed once again, “You are my best friend, silly…”

“My new best friend…”

And you’re mine.

“Thank you.” And they both laughed happily.

Now go to sleep, Los Angeles; before I don’t want to end this call.

“Okay…” But she was already didn’t want to end the call; she wanted to talk more.

Good night, Tiff… Don’t forget to write your new pink diary. The blonde said cutely.

“I will, Jessie…” She spoke with a soft and gentle voice. “Good night.”

The call ended and Tiffany stared at her wallpaper for a while. She smiled her sweetest and reached out to her new diary. I think I already know what to write about…

 

Meanwhile in one corner of Seoul, a blonde girl had just finished a phone call and a sweet smile was still plastered on her face. She crawled out of her bed and was about to switch off the lights when her phone started ringing again.

Jessica was surprised and quickly picked it up to see who it was. She was puzzled when she saw Seohyun’s name on her phone, because she rarely called her, especially at this time of day. But Jessica decided to answer anyway, as she was afraid that it was an emergency.

“Juhyun, it’s way past your bedtime,” The blonde said worriedly. “What are you doing still up?”

Sica unnie! Seohyun sounded excited. I’ve been trying to call you but your phone was busy…

“Oh, yeah…” The blue eyed girl realized she had spent some time talking with her new best friend. “So what’s up, Juhyun-ah?”

Seohyun started with a giggle, I just wanted to say thanks, unnie…

“Hmm?” Jessica was puzzled. “What for?”

For today! And For the pillow! Seohyun laughed. It’s so cute…

“But Yuri’s the one who bought it for you…”

Oh, unnie, I know you paid for it, so technically; you bought it for me too…

“I don’t know what—“

--I saw you, unnie… Please don’t lie to me…

“Well, Yuri is going to pay me later, so I think I don’t deserve your thanks…”

Don’t accept the money then…

“Hmm?”

Don’t accept the money, so you’d deserve my thanks.

“Seohyun…” Jessica wondered why the younger girl was acting like she was.

Just don’t accept the money, please?

“Okay, Juhyun; I won’t accept the money.”

Thank you… And she could hear Seohyun giggled.

 

Can I tell you something, Sica unnie? The younger girl said after a while.

“Sure, Juhyun.” Jessica was curious. “Anything.”

I always wanted an older sister, unnie…

And I always dream that if I had one, she would be just like you…

“Oh…” Jessica didn’t know how to respond to that. “… Thank you, Juhyun-ah…”

“I would love to be your unnie.” She said after clearing .

Would you? Seohyun’s voice was trembling.

“Of course I would.” The blonde girl tried to comfort her. “Everyone would want a little sister like you.”

Thank you, unnie…

“You’re very welcome, dongsaeng.” And they both giggled.

 

“But you have many unnies who would want nothing more than to be your unnie,” Jessica said after a while. “You have Yoona, Yuri, Sooyoung…”

“… And now you have Tiffany and Taeyeon…”

Then you’ll be my favorite unnie. Seohyun said.

“Okay…” The blonde girl was actually very flattered by her comment. “Thank you, Juhyun…”

“Now off to bed you go, Juhyun.” She said as she realized it was very late for a 13 year old girl. “I won’t allow my dongsaeng to sleep this late.”

Okay, unnie… Good night and thank you again…

“Good night, Juhyun-ah.”