First love

Wherever You Go, I'll Follow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayoung

Hayoung rushed down the stairs when she bumped into her mother who had just walked in the house. "I'm going out. Will be back late." She hollered as she ran out of the house. It was her first date with Sehun, and she was already 45 minutes late. Hayoung cursed to herself while waiting for the city bus to take her to town. They had decided to meet at 4pm since Sehun had a family lunch, but Hayoung took a nap and didn't set an alarm. She had planned to dress up but seeing how she was very late, she just grabbed her comfy jeans, a plain top, a cardigan and her worn out sneakers. 

 

Hayoung got on the bus and took a seat at the far back. She checked her phone and there was a message from Sehun.

S: Are you ditching me? On our first date?

She was about to type a reply when another incoming message from Sehun arrived.

S: Hayoung-ah, it's been nearly an hour. You're not standing me up right? Why are you not replying? :(

Hayoung can't help the smile on her face. His messages made her feel Sehun's sincerity. She quickly type out a reply before pressing the bell to alight.

H: I'm so sorry! I took a nap and overslept. Reaching soon. Wait for me! Xoxo.

 

Hayoung pushed the doors to the ice cream parlour and scanned the shop for Sehun. She saw his back at the corner of the shop and sneaked her way to him. Covering his eyes, she leaned in and whispered, "Guess who?" "Erm, who are you?" He retorted back. Hayoung let go of her hands upon hearing his angry voice and kissed his cheeks. "It's nice to see you too, Sehunnie." She managed a sarcastic reply before sitting at the seat next to him. "You're so late. I hate waiting!" He pouted his lips and crossed his arms. "I told you I overslept. I'm sorry ok? I treat you to ice cream? Ok? Ok? Ok?~ I'm really sorry!~" Hayoung persuaded him. Sehun was still pouting and Hayoung added, "Ok, fine. I'll pay for dinner too. Your choice. Call?" Sehun's face slowly broke into a smile. "Call!" "Aisshh, so childish." Sehun just snickered while leaning forward to kiss her. "It's nice to see you too, babe." Hayoung blushed and backed away from him. "I'll be right back." 

 

"One chocolate cone and one vanilla cone, on the house." Hayoung sang as she slide in her seat. Sehun took his ice cream and thanked her. "Why are we having ice cream right now? We haven't even had dinner." Hayoung started the conversation. "Why do you think?" Sehun questioned her back. 

"I don't know. You like to have dessert before dinner?"

"Nope. Think."

"Ermmm...you feel like having ice cream now?"

"No! Think harder, babe."

"What else could it be? Hmmm...give me a hint."

"A hint? Ok, it's not about the ice cream."

"It's not? Then why the hell are we here for? The ice cream at the shop next door taste much better though."

"Wah, this girl!" Sehun exclaimed while flicking her forehead. "Do you really not know?" Hayoung shouted while rubbing her forehead, then continued to her ice cream. Sehun used his fingers to comb through his hair. He took a deep breath to calm himself. Hayoung just smiled innocently back at him, because she really had no idea what he was trying to say.

 

Sehun

Sehun looked at his girlfriend's innocent smile and shook his head. "This girl is going to be the death of me. Am I the only romantic one here?" He muttered to himself. "Yah, Oh Hayoung! You really don't know why I ask you to come here?" He tried again. Hayoung just shrugged. "This place, we've been here before right?" He asked her. Hayoung looked around the shop. "Aah! We went for our first project meeting here!" She beamed at Sehun. "I'm glad you remembered, pabo. I thought we could reminisce our first meetup." Hayoung grinned and pinched Sehun's cheek. "Aigoo, you're so thoughtful. Thank you for bringing me here. Do you remember how awkward we were back then?" "Yeah, we were so stiff and formal with each other. I remembered you were so angry when I asked you to come here. You think I was gonna ditch the project, right?" Sehun asked. "Of course! I thought you were just going to play around." Hayoung admitted. "But you surprised me. I'm glad you did. I wouldn't have seen you in a different light if you didn't." 

 

Sehun lightly her arm with his fingers. Reminiscing about their first meetup made him realize how fortunate he was. "What do you think about us now? Compared to then?" He continued as he interlaced their fingers together. "I wouldn't have imagine sitting here with you, on a date. The popular guy in school with a nobody like me. You're really different than the image you wear in school. I'm really glad the teachers partner us up. I get to know the real you, I get to see your genuine smile and laughter, feel your care and warmth. I feel really lucky, Sehun." Hayoung said sincerely. Sehun stole a quick kiss from her lips. "Thank you for accepting me. Even though you know about my personality in school, you still give me a chance. For that, I'm really thankful." 

 

Hayoung smiled shyly. "I won't be afraid of your fangirls...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter