Can I get your number?

Wherever You Go, I'll Follow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun

His eyes kept on sneaking glances at the clock, counting down to lunch time. Sehun could hardly contain his excitement. After the party, Sehun has been thinking of ways to get to know Hayoung better. He knew he could just ask Naeun and Namjoo, but he wasn't ready for their questioning and teasing. He couldn't tell the boys too. They would probably react the same way. So when he saw their names side by side, as project partners, he almost jumped up in joy before he stopped himself and put back his poker face. "This is fated, indeed." Sehun thought. This time, he will get to know Hayoung to his own accord and not with the help of his friends.

 

The lunch bell rings, and Sehun immediately sprang up from his seat. "Woah woah. Why are you in a rush?" Kai asked. "I'm gonna find my project partner and get this thing started right away." Sehun replied with a grin. "Aren't you being a little too enthusiastic about this? Who's your partner again? Hayoung-ssi? Naeun's friend?" Sehun just nodded and waved as he walked out of the classroom. He felt an arm sling over his shoulders when he heard, "Don't tell me you're interested in her? Huh? Huh?" Kai pestered. "Haish, no! I just want to get to know her, be her friend." Kai stopped in his tracks, pulling Sehun to a halt too. "Oh Sehun, is that you? The Sehun I know don't go around making "friends" as far as I know." "Shut up Kai." "I knew it! You like her!" "No! Now leave and go find your partner while I find mine." "You're already ditching your best friend for a girl?" "Of course not!" "I've got Ilhoon as my partner. Why can't I get a girl too?" Kai started to whine. "You've already got Naeun, dude." Sehun replied as they reached the canteen. "She's just a good friend." "Yeah right, even the blind can see that you two actually like each other. You better go and tell her before another guy sweeps her off her feet." Sehun said, as he pointed to Naeun, sitting with Myungsoo, probably going over the project. 

 

Before Kai could answer, Sehun felt a tap on his back. "Erm, Sehun? Have you eaten?" Sehun looked at a smiling Hayoung and his mouth suddenly refused to cooperate. Kai rolled his eyes as he answered, "No he hasn't because this idiot is too busy minding other people's business. Now if you two could excuse me, I'm going to go find my partner." He said as he walked away. "So, uh, do you want to grab something and eat?" Hayoung asked again. Sehun just nodded his head as he lead his way to the food stall. 

 

Hayoung

Hayoung followed Sehun from the back. They had just finished their lunch and were heading towards the library to discuss the project, as suggested by Hayoung. Lunch was pretty awkward. Both of them didn't speak much. Hayoung was giving one word answers to whatever Sehun was asking and he basically did the same when Hayoung asked him questions. "It doesn't seem like Sehun from the party. He doesn't seem to talk as much." Hayoung pondered. She wondered how the real Sehun is. Quiet or chatty? Serious or playful? Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder. "Didn't you hear me? I asked if it's alright if we sit here?" Sehun asked. "Oh, sorry I was just thinking. Sure, here is fine." They both took a seat facing each other.

 

The atmosphere immediately became awkward. Both were busy taking out papers and notes and looking at anywhere but each other. "Hayoung! Say something! Urgh, this is so awkward!" Hayoung mentaĺly scold herself. She cleared and look at Sehun. Sehun lifted his head and raised an eyebrow. "Sehun, so where do we start?" Shall we go straight into research? Or do you want to carry out a survey?" Sehun paused for a long time. He kept on staring at Hayoung which in turn made her uncomfortable. Hayoung scratched her head and cleared again. "I'm sorry. You're really pretty. I just realized that." 

 

"What? What the hell?" What are you talking about? Hayoung exclaimed, feeling the heat shoot up to her cheeks. Sehun just laughed, "I'm sorry. That just came out from my mouth. But I mean it though." "Errr, thanks?" "So, I was just thinking why don't we get to know each other first? Only then we can be more comfortable and do this project well, right? Why don't we meet after school and go for some ice cream?" Hayoung just stared at him. What is this boy doing? This is not a dating project. She wanted to dive straight into the assignment and do a good job at it. She wants to get a good grade for her final project, and it seems like Sehun isn't taking this seriously.

"Sehun-ssi, we are not doing a dating project. Why are you asking me out?"

"Like I said, I want to get to know you better."

"You listen here. I want to get a good grade for this final project. And I don't appreciate you being so nonchalant about this."

 "What makes you think I am taking this lightly? I want a good grade too."

"Then I don't see the point of meeting unless it's for the project."

"Jeez, Hayoung-ssi. Are you always this uptight and inflexible? Will one ice cream harm our marks? Like I said, won't it be better if we actually do get to know each other? We can understand one another and not get into fights and have misunderstandings over nothing, right?"

 

Hayoung looked down and took a deep breath. He was right, she admit it. But why does she feel so shy about this? It won't be a date. It's a project discussion. "Relax Hayoung-ah. Don't overthink this. It's just a project discussion." She thought to herself. "Fine, we'll go get ice cream later." Sehun smiled his eye-smile and said, "Alright! And I assure you we will discuss about the project too." "You better!" Hayoung said, and she can't help the smile on her face. "I'll wait for you at the front gate after school ok." Hayoung just nodded, not knowing what else to say. Just on time, the bell rang. "Let's head back to class." Again, Hayoung just nodded as they walk side by side in silence back to class.

 

Sehun

Sehun head off to the front gate as soon as the last period was over. He was feeling nervous. Even though this was supposed to be a project discussion, he can't help but feel like it's a date. His heart was beating so fast when Hayoung agreed to this. He laughed at himself, totally enjoying this feeli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter