Heaven

Wherever You Go, I'll Follow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayoung

"You look so stunning! He is going to melt when he sees you! You're such a pretty bride!" Namjoo gushes. Hayoung smiled and nodded in agreement. She adjust her own hair and touch up on her makeup. "Will he be okay? I can't believe this day is finally here!" Naeun jumped in excitement. "Woah, woah! Miss Bride! We don't want you jumping and ruining the dress." Hayoung warned as she hold Naeun's hand. "I'm sorry. I'm just so excited! I can't believe Kai and I are finally tying the knot!" Hayoung smiled and shook her head. She was truly happy that her best friend is finally having her happy ending. "Just hope that he won't back out at the last minute." Namjoo teased. "Namjoo! Stop saying nonsense!" Hayoung glared at her other best friend and gave Naeun a reassuring pat in the back. "Everything will be great. You guys have planned this for over a year. He is as excited as you. We're gonna have an awesome wedding!" Hayoung psyched her two friends.

 

Naeun surprised Hayoung by giving her a peck on the cheek. "Have I told you how much I love you?" Naeun asked. "What is with this sudden confession?" Hayoung looked at her best friend with curiousity. "Nothing. I just want you to know that I love you and even though I am married now, it doesn't mean that we can't still hang out." Naeun replied with teary eyes. "Yah! Don't you dare cry right now! Let's not ruin our makeup." Hayoung took a piece of tissue and dab at the corner of Naeun's eyes. "I love you with all my heart too, Naeunnie. I'll still run to you for all the little things no matter what." Naeun smiled and gave her friend a hug. "What about me?" Namjoo broke the atmosphere and the two look over at her who was folding her arms with a pout. "Of cos we love you too, Joo!" Naeun laughed and pulled her into the group hug.

 

There was a knock on the door and the wedding planner came into the room. "It's almost time. Let's all go and get ready. The groom and his best men are already waiting." The girls shrieked in excitement as they moved out of the room to the main hall. "You know, I feel kinda bad that we got married before you and Sehun." Naeun whispered. "What are you talking about? It doesn't matter who got married first. Besides, we went through a break and just got back together." Hayoung whispered back. "Just got back together? It's been, what? Nearly two years now?" Naeun retorted. Hayoung just nodded her head. "We'll just go with the flow." She assured her friend. Naeun smiled nervously as they approached the main hall. Hayoung gave Naeun's shoulders a light squeeze. "Ready for your wedding, Mrs Kim?" "Nope. But I will be when I see him." Hayoung hugged her best friend and gave her an encouraging smile. "Fighting!" She said as they all took their positions to walk into the main hall.

 

Sehun

"You know dude, its your last chance to run away and keep your freedom." Sehun said as he helped Kai put on his suit. "Just shut it, Sehun. You're not helping with my nerves at all!" Kai buttoned his suit and fixed his hair for the nth time. "Stop messing with your hair! It looks good already." Sehun fusses before he pushed Kai to sit at an armchair. "Now, take a deep breath and relax." Kai leaned back into armchair and took deep breathes to calm his rattling nerves. "Ah! This is so nerve wrecking! Why can't we just get married between ourselves without having tons of people watching your every step?" Kai questioned Sehun who was busy fixing his own hair. "It's a beautiful moment to share with your loved ones. Come on, its just a day. Don't worry too much!" Sehun comforted his friend with a back hug. "Aish, what's with the affections, baby?" Kai teased. "Nothing. I'm just happy for you, sweetie." Sehun grinned as he gave his friend a peck on the cheek. He laughed upon seeing his friend's face contorted in disgust. "Never do that again!" Kai punched Sehun in the arm while the latter was busy laughing away. 

 

"So, are you planning to ask Hayoung? About marriage? Both of you have been through ups and downs together. You're still so loving till now. Plus, Hayoung and yourself have stable jobs. What's keeping you from asking?" Kai asked as they were walking to the main hall. "I have been thinking about it actually. I don't wanna lose her again." Sehun shoved his hands into his pockets as he thought about his plans on marrying Hayoung. "What's keeping you then?" Sehun shrugged. "Just. She wants to take things a step at a time." Kai draped his hands around his best friend's shoulder. "I also happened to know that you've bought a ring for her and kept it well locked in your closet drawer for the past year." Sehun looked at his friend, his eyes widening. "You nosey !" Kai burst out laughing. "You can't keep secrets from me. Just take that damn ring out from hiding and ask her hand in marriage. I'm sure she'll agree." Sehun sighed as he run his fingers through his hair. "Let's get your wedding over and done with before we start discussing about mine." Sehun dismisses the topic as he stand next to his best friend at the altar and wait for his Hayoung to enter the hall.

 

***

 

"Look at them all lovey dovey and glowing!" Hayoung coos as she leaned her head onto Sehun's shoulders while watching the couple's first dance. Sehun wrapped his arms around Hayoung's waist as he pulls her nearer to his side. Sehun loved how she still smell of strawberries after all these years. "You smell really good." He whispered into her ears. He could feel Hayoung's body shivered from his actions and he can't help his chuckle. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He pulled her closer as he looked towards his best friend and his newly wedded wife staring lovingly at each other. "We'll be doing just that, in the near future." He pointed towards the two. Hayoung looked up at Sehun, surprise clearly shown on her face. "Oh? How near in the future?" She asked. "Well, that depends on how desperate I am to get in your pants." He said, low enough so that only she could hear. The look of anger and embarassment on her face made Sehun bowed over in laughter. "Yah! You idiotic ert!" She half shouted, earning her disapproving looks from some of the elderly standing near them. Sehun watched her flustered actions, bowing to them in apology then glaring back at Sehun.

 

Sehun opened his arms and gestured for her to come over. She held her ground as she fold her hands across her chest and looking incredibly cute with a pout. "I'm sorry. That was a bad joke. Just come here, baby." Sehun called her over again and she relented as she wrapped her hands around Sehun's waist. "That was an awful joke! It's not even funny!" She scolded as Sehun rubbed her back in hopes that it will extinguish the anger in her. "I know, I know. I'm really sorry. So...shall we get married tomorrow? I know and you know that we have enough savings for a small wedding." He winked at her.

 

Hayoung

"Is that a proposal? Because if that is, I won't accept it. Its so not romantic." Hayoung teased as she felt the butterflies awakening at the pit of her stomach. "Aah, so you're the type who dreams of a romantic proposal like the guy taking you out to an expensive dinner, then surprising you by bending on one knee, underneath the stars, in front of a crowd, that sorta thing?" Hayoung took a moment to visualize the scenario in her head as she never really thought about someone proposing to her before. She scrunched up her nose at the thought of being shy to be proposed in front of a crowd and shook her head. "Nah, I'd rather it be in private. Just us two." Hayoung grinned at the man she loved. "But I'll take your underneath the stars suggestion." She added as an after thought. Sehun's eyes disappeared along with his bright smile as he places a kiss at the top of her head. "I'll be sure to remember that. But don't expect it anytime soon." His eyes went back to the front as he joined the rest of the crowd in clapping as the couple finishes their first dance. Hayoung can't help the disappointment she felt at his mention of not proposing anytime soon. "I guess I got my hopes up high when he mentioned about marriage." She thought to herself. She managed to plaster on a smile to hide her disappointment as Sehun lead her to the dance floor for a dance.

 

"Can I have the next dance?" Baekhyun appeared out of no where when the song was finishing and held Hayoung by her elbow. "No, you can't." Sehun answered for her even before she could do so herself. "Aww, come on! Don't be so uptight! I'm not gonna steal your girlfriend!" Baekhyun whined as he looked to Sehun with pleading eyes. "Yeah, Sehun. It'll be fine. Just one dance. Let's all enjoy the wedding." Hayoung coaxed her boyfriend. "Fine, just one!" He sighed in defeat. "I'll be the next one!" Chanyeol voiced out from nearby while he held on to Naeun's mother while swaying back and forth on their feet. Hayoung giggled at the sight of her boyfriend's scowl, which deepened when Kai said that he'll go after Chanyeol. "Oh! Come on!" He threw his hands in the air in frustration as he glared at his friends. "Go sit by the table and have a glass of wine, lover boy. Chill out while we look after Hayoung for you." Baekhyun called out as he dragged Hayoung further into the dance floor as the next song started.

 

Hayoung turned her head to look at the retreating back of her boyfriend as he made his way towards their table. She can't help but feel guilty for leaving him alone while she dances. "He'll be fine." Baekhyun told her, as if he could read her mind. "He won't even let you go if he don't trust you or us." He reminded her. Hayoung nodded in response as Baekhyun lead her in the dance. "It's a beautiful wedding isn't it? Who would have thought we will all be standing here to witness the marriage of two stubborn fools who wasted their time denying their love for each other when it was clear as day that they do?" Baekhyun said as he twirled her around. Hayoung gripped tighter on his arms for dear life before answering. "Yeah, it was so frustrating seeing them acting like they don't care for each other. My ears would always bleed each time Naeun goes mental when Kai went on a date." 

 

Baekhyun laughed as he twirled her again, but this time faster. Hayoung yelped as she tightened her grip again. "What's with this guy and twirling?!" She grumbled as Baekhyun slowed down. "That was fun!" He laughed childishly. Hayoung rolled her eyes as she slapped his arms. "Anyway, I just want to tell you that I don't wanna see two more idiots waiting around to get married. Sehun has been staying over at your apartment so often you guys seem practically married!" He smirked down at her as the song came to an end. He gave her a quick hug before thanking her for the dance. She took a quick glance at Sehun who was frowning at her and she stifled a grin, knowing well enough that he wasn't comfortable with the hug Baekhyun just gave her. All too soon, the next song began to play and Chanyeol was grinning down at her for his turn to dance. Hayoung chuckled at his foolish smile before obliging him in the dance.

 

As she finishes her dance with Kai, she walked back towards her sulking boyfriend and gave him a peck on the cheeks. "Why can't you just say no or that you're tired to them? I've been waiting here for so long!" He complains as Hayoung settled down on the seat next to him. "Oh, don't spoil the mood. They're your friends. Its not as if I was danci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter