Together

Wherever You Go, I'll Follow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayoung

Hayoung and Sehun were at the computer lab, putting in the final touches to their assignment, as were most of the seniors in the school. The deadline of their assignment is tomorrow and both of them were printing and compiling their write-up into a file. 

"Kiss the file." Sehun told her as he shoved it in her face. 

"Why should I?" Hayoung slapped the file away from her face.

"For good luck. I always did it with mine. Now that this is ours, you have to do it too." Sehun reasoned.

Hayoung rolled her eyes and kissed the file. "Happy?" "Yes, very." He smirked as he brings the file to his lips and kissed at the exact same spot where Hayoung had kissed. "Indirect kiss." He gleefully smiled to himself as he heads towards the assignment drop off box. Hayoung just stood frozen, with agape. Sehun walked back towards her after dropping off the assignment. "Close your pretty mouth babe, or flies are going to make a home out of it." Hayoung regained her senses and closed . She smacked him on the back to hide her embarassment.

 

For the past month, Sehun has been diligent in doing well for the assignment. Hayoung was impressed to see the hardworking side of Sehun. He knew how Hayoung takes her school work seriously, so she was appreciative of his thoughtfulness and consideration to put in his best effort for this assignment. It was also during those times that they have had "dates" over the weekend. Since Hayoung had set her mind on giving Sehun a chance, she had decided to enjoy her time with Sehun. However, she can't help but to feel disappointed at times as Sehun did not gave any hints about wanting to be in a relationship or getting serious with her. 

 

"Maybe he's just having fun with me right now, and when we're done with the assignment we'll go back to being strangers." Hayoung confessed her inner thoughts to Naeun and Namjoo one night while they were having a sleepover at Hayoung's place. "Yeah, probably he'll be like - Oh, Hayoung-ssi, how have you been? We meet again." Namjoo joked, earning a death stare from Naeun upon seeing Hayoung's crumpled face. "Don't listen to Joo. Sehun is a nice guy, despite his cold and unfriendly face. I'm sure he will ask you soon enough. From what I see, he really likes you." Naeun reassured her. "You think so?" The uncertainty in Hayoung's voice clearly evident. "I know so, Youngie. Have confidence in yourself!" Naeun hugged and ruffled her hair. 

 

"Penny for your thoughts?" Sehun's voice broke her out of her reverie. "Uh, nothing. Just wondering if we will do alright for the assignment." "We'll be fine. Relax! We've already submitted it. You're gonna score well during the exams anyway. So nothing to worry about." Sehun said as he casually wrap his arms on Hayoung's shoulder. Like a reflex, Hayoung slipped her arms to Sehun's waist. "Dinner before we head home, Miss Oh?" "Sure, Mr Oh. What would you like to eat?" Hayoung can't help the silly grin on her face when he called her that. "Actually, I'm craving for some ramen. Want to cook for me? The one you made the other day was really good." Sehun's voice was full of hope. "You want me to cook? Ahh, I'm tired.~" Hayoung whined. "Please, please.~" Sehun leaned his head on her shoulder as he persuade Hayoung. "Ok fine. What do I get in return?" Hayoung asked as she turned and stood in front of Sehun. "Duh! More time to spend with me. And in private." Sehun whispered the last sentence in conspiracy. Hayoung raised her brows. "Ooh, that would be nice, but..." "No buts. You said it would be nice. Hehehe." He gave an evil laugh as he dragged Hayoung towards her house. Hayoung could only shook her head in disbelief as she let herself be dragged by the Ice Prince.

 

Sehun

"I'll eat it well. Thank you!" Sehun clapped his hands as he took a deep whiff of the ramen's aroma. "What are you doing? It's just ramen." Hayoung muttered, looking at Sehun's actions. "It's not just any ramen. It's a special one cooked by you. Thank you for acceding to my request." He gave his eye smile as he digged in. Hayoung returned his smile and did the same. Once they were done eating, Sehun offered to do the dishes while Hayoung went to her room to wash herself up.

 

Sehun sat on the sofa, browsing through the TV channels while waiting for Hayoung to finish with her shower. "Ah, should I ask her right now? I've never seriously asked a girl about this before." He scratched his head while pondering over his dilemma. Sehun took out his phone and sent a message to Kai. Not long after, he received a reply.

K: Go for it dude! I'm sure she'll say yes! So excited for you! :):):):)

S: You seem to be more excited than me. But thank you for being so excited and making me excited. And what's with all the smiley faces?! 

K: Because my best friend will finally make a move. Fighting! :):):):)

Sehun grinned upon reading Kai's reply. "This dude sure is excited." He thought to himself. "What are you smiling about?" Hayoung's voice broke him out of his thoughts. "Oh, nothing. Just messaging with Kai. Come here." He pat to the seat next to him. Hayoung sat cross legged next to him. Sehun leaned in to sniff her hair. "You smell nice. Strawberries?" "Uh, yeah. I just changed my shampoo." "I like it." He stated. Hayoung just nodded her head and turned her focus to the television. Sehun took the opportunity to look at her features. He remembered how he was strucked by her beauty the moment she entered the door to Kai's party. He is still amazed by her natural beauty that he can't help but feel grateful that Hayoung was willing to be a friend, and hopefully something more.

 

Hayoung suddenly turned her head to face Sehun. Raising her eyebrows, she asked, "Something on my face?" "Nothing, just admiring the view." Sehun whispered. She rolled her eyes and playfully slapped his thigh. When her attention was back to the television, Sehun stole more glances at Hayoung, thinking about how he should start the topic which has been bugging him for the past week. Hayoung's hand suddenly covered his eyes. "Stop it! My face will have a big hole if you keep staring!" Sehun took her hand away from his eyes and held on to it.  He interlaced their fingers and drew circles on her hand with his thumb, marvelling at how well their hands fit each other.

 

"Hayoung-ah." He called out to her, his gaze still on their hands. "Hmmm? Something bothering you?" Hayoung asked, concern etched in her voice. "Nope, not in a bad way. I was just wondering, how has the past month been for you? As in, how has it been to spend time with me?" He raised his uncertain eyes to meet her gaze. "It's been really great, Sehunnie. I didn't thought that I would be having this much fun spending time with you." Her honest answer gave him a ray of hope. "Yeah, me too. I've had the best times with you this past month. Well, you know...the pair project is over now. I don't want us to revert back to being hi-bye friends. We've become much closer than that right?" "Of course. I don't want that too." Hayoung answered. "So...uh...what I'm trying to say is...do you still want to meet up and hang out like what we have been doing?" Hayoung nodded her head and gave his hands a gentle squeeze. Sehun smiled and breathe a sigh of relief. He then braced himself for the real question. "Hayoung-ah, please say yes. Say yes to being mine, please?"

 

Hayoung

Hayoung's heart was beating like crazy throughout the entire conversation. She could not believe that they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter