Crossroads (2)

Wherever You Go, I'll Follow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun

Sehun has been holing himself in his dorm in an attempt to complete his revision. He isn't the studious sort, so with the finals around the corner, he waited till the last minute to look through his notes. The door to his room opened, revealing Kai who just got back from his study date with Naeun. "How was your date?" Kai looked at him with a raised brow. "It wasn't a date. We were studying." Sehun scoffed."I'm sure you guys were. With all the kissing in between." He ducked when Kai threw his socks towards him. "Shut up!" Kai muttered. "Kai-ssi, don't be angry. I'm envious of you guys, actually. You get to study together and date each other, while I have only the messaging and video calling to look forward to." Kai stopped what he was doing and turned to look at Sehun. "Do you miss her?" "What kind of a question is that? Of course I do." Sehun replied. "Surprise her then." Kai suggested. "What kind of surprise?" Kai smirked. "You're hopeless. Here's the plan..."

 

"Naeun!" Sehun shouted across the cafeteria. Naeun cringed when she saw heads turning to look at her. "Yah! I thought you're done with your papers?" "Can't I wait for Kai?" She said as she went back to reading her book. "Let's wait together." He said as he sat on the chair opposite her. "How's Hayoung?" She asked. "She's done with her papers a few weeks ago. I have yet to call her. Probably later. Did you call her?" He inquired. "A few days back. She was going for dinner with her friends." Sehun nodded his head as he typed out a message for Hayoung. The two looked up upon hearing a commotion near the cafeteria. It was none other than their dorky bunch of friends, together with Namjoo.

 

"We are free!" Chanyeol's voice boomed in the cafeteria. "I'm so happy we're finally done with that stupid paper. Let's celebrate!" Namjoo nodded her head in agreement. "Shall we go watch that new horror movie? My treat!" Baekhyun offered. Loud cheers were heard from their table as everyone agreed.

 

***

 

"Hi, Sehun? Can I sit?"

"Uh, ok. It's free seating anyway."

"What are you doing here alone?"

"Waiting for my friends to be done with basketball practice."

"Aah, I thought you were eyeing the cheerleaders over there."

"Pfft, like I've got nothing better to do."

"Well, I was just wondering if you wanna join the dance competition with me. That is, if you haven't got a partner."

"Why me? I might not join since Kai's foregoing it this time."

"Because you're a talented dancer. I saw how you practiced and moved that body. It's kinda hot."

"Wait, what?!"

"Just a mere observation, don't mean no harm. I wanted to do something hiphop-ish and among our members, you're the best."

"Uh, I don't think I'm up for it. Sorry, Soojung."

"Oh please, Sehun! I need to win! You being my partner might help me win!"

"Why is that?"

"The first prize winners win $10,000 cash! I know this might sound selfish but I really need the money to help my family. Any amount is better than nothing! We'll split the money! 50-50!"

"What's wrong with your family?"

"My mum needs to go for her kidney dialysis often and my dad's job as a chauffer doesn't earn much. My unnie works as a lawyer, but even with her pay we're barely surviving."

"Soojung-ssi, I don't know about this..."

"Please, Sehun! Help me! I'll forever be indebted. I shall do anything to return your favour."

"I'm not asking for any returns. That's not what I meant."

"So will you help me? I promise I'll practice hard so we can win."

"Ermm...."

"Please, Sehun?!"

"I mean, we're not even that close."

"But we meet each other often enough for practice. We have meals together with the rest sometimes too. We can be considered more than acquaintances, right?"

"Ok, ok, fine!"

"Assa! Thank you! Thank you, Sehun!"

 

***

 

"Let's take a break! You're like a machine, Sehun!"

"Well, you're the one who wants to win. I'm just helping."

"Tsk, so insincere."

"That's not how I meant it, Soojung. I want to help ok. I didn't feel forced."

"Fine, thank you for your time. I appreciate it. Let's get back to practice or you're gonna call me sloppy again."

"You don't have to be sarcastic, Soojung."

"Whatever."

 

***

 

K: Boys! Let's meet! Naeun and Namjoo are going to have their girls date so let's have ours.

B: What do you want to do?

S: Sorry guys, I got dance practice with Soojung later.

C: What's with the intensive practice anyway? I saw your dance and the two of you are already good.

B: I'm feeling for some chicken and beer. Who's with me?

S: We want to win that's all. I already told you guys about this right. We need to win the money to help her family.

K: Yes! Chicken! I'm in!

C: Of course we know, but aren't you guys too much? Practicing almost everyday? Hanging out together often? What about Hayoung?

B: Let's discuss this over chicken! I'm starving!

C: Shut up, Bacon!

S: I'm just helping as a friend. Hayoung will understand, I'm sure.

K: Just don't get too close, dude. I don't want Hayoung to get hurt.

S: I won't hurt her. Don't worry guys, I love her too much. 😆

B: *pukes*

S: Shut up, Baek!

B: Wow, my second 'shut up' in less than 10 minutes. I'm offended!

C: I don't want to be a spoil sport but don't get too friendly. I saw how she was flirting around with you. And you ! The way you act around her showed as if you're responding to her advances!

K: I agree. Naeun is getting suspicious too. Watch it, bro!

B: I agree too.

S: Oh come on! We're just friends! 

C: Just our advice, bro. You're not single anymore. Anyways, let's meet at the carpark in 15 minutes, guys. Sehunnie, you're more than welcome to join us once you're done.

 

***

 

"Hey baby, what are you doing?"

"Sehunnie! I'm just preparing dinner for Sorn and myself. You?"

"Getting ready for dance practice. I missed you, Hayoung."

"I missed you too. Term break is starting soon, right? I was thinking of going back to Korea. But Mum said she wants to come over."

"Ah, really? It doesn't matter though."

"It doesn't matter? You don't want to see me?"

"Uh, of course I do. I mean, uh...that's too bad right? I was hoping to see you. I miss that lips of yours. And your hands. And your hugs..."

"Ishh, pabo!"

"You don't miss all that?"

"Yes, I miss all of that. I get jealous when I see Sorn doing all that with her boyfriend."

"Are you pouting? Hahaha. I can literally hear you pout. Ah, cute!"

"Stop it, Sehun! I missed you so much, every day."

"Me too babe, me too. Oh! Practice is starting. I'll talk to you soon. Enjoy your dinner."

"Ok, have fun dancing. I love you, my Sehun."

"I love you loads more, princess. Bye!"

 

***

 

"Who was that? Your girlfriend?"

"Yeap, my one and only."

"How long have you known each other? I've never seen you so lovey-dovey."

"Erm, nearly a year now."

"I see. She's not schooling here? I've never really seen you around girls except for those two in your group of friends."

"Ah, you mean Naeun and Namjoo? They're Hayoung's best friends."

"Hayoung is her name? Where's her school? Dongguk?"

"Nah, not here. She's in the US. Stanford University

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter