Crossroads (3)

Wherever You Go, I'll Follow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun

Sehun walked into the pojangmacha and immediately spotted his friends at the corner. He dragged a stool and sat down, his face devoid of any emotions. "Yah, what happened to you? Why do you look so pale?" Baekhyun asked as soon as he sat down. "Yeah, who pissed you off? You look as if you're gonna eat us alive!" Kai snickered as the rest laughed. "Where's Naeun and Namjoo?" His icy voice and his angered face silenced their laughter. "Hey, what's wrong? Why are you looking for them? They went to the restroom." Chanyeol put his arms around Sehun but the latter pushed it away. "Yah! What's wrong with you?" Chanyeol got annoyed at his friend's reaction. Sehun just sat silently, contemplating how he is going to approach the matter in a calm state. Sehun looked up when he heard the girls' voices. 

 

"Sehun! You're here." Namjoo awkwardly sat in her seat, which was beside Sehun. "Why? Am I not welcome to join you guys anymore?" He flatly asked. "No, no that's not what I meant." Namjoo quickly clarified as she turned to look at Naeun, who was quietly watching. "You said you wanted to see them. What for?" Kai asked as he held on to Naeun's hands. Sehun scoffed upon seeing the gesture. "Why don't you ask your beloved girlfriend here." Naeun straightened when she heard that. "What do you mean?" Kai pulled Naeun closer to him. "Well, well. Look at you two. So happy and blissful together. Ignorant of what your actions are doing to others." Sehun's sarcastic reply earned gasps from around the table. "Sehun-ah, what's wrong with you?" Chanyeol questioned, shocked at how his friend is acting unlike himself. 

 

Sehun shook his head as he bend his head down. When he looked up to glare at Naeun straight in the eyes, he noticed her flinching. "What did you tell Hayoung?" His voice low and cold. "I only told her what she ought to know." She replied, her voice matching his own.

"Oh, so you just conveniently told her about Soojung and me, holding hands and hugging each other, acting like lovebirds behind her back." 

"Isn't that what you've been doing though?"

"How can you just assume that that's what it looks like?" 

"Because no one who is attached would do what you did to someone of the opposite ."

"Have you ever thought how your actions could affect both of us?"

"I was just doing my job as a best friend. And that is to protect her."

Sehun's hands balled into a fist as he tried to calm his bubbling anger. "How could you do this to her? To me?" His voice was barely audible as he said those words. "You guys were just jumping to conclusions. You didn't even bother to ask me. All it has ever been was, don't do this, don't do that. Stop acting like this, stop acting like that. But have any of you ever really talked to me about this? Have you ever asked me how I feel about this?" His voice rose higher and higher. He turned to look at his friends who were all quiet. "Say something!" He shouted. "Maybe you should have thought of the consequences before you did what you did." Naeun's voice broke the silence.

 

Something in Sehun snapped. He slammed his hands on the table and stood up. With a trembling finger, he pointed it at Naeun. "You! It's all because of you and your stupid mouth!" "Sehun-ah! Watch it!" Kai shouted. Baekhyun stood up and held on to Sehun, trying to calm him down. "Things wouldn't be this way if you only learn to mind your own business!" Baekhyun rubbed Sehun's back as he asked, "What's eating you? Tell us." Sehun didn't answer him. Instead, he continued to glare at Naeun, who was tearing up because of Sehun's outburst. 

 

Sehun tried to calm himself down. He knew he was partly at fault too, but at that moment, he just needed to vent it out. He looked up, trying to stop his tears from coming out. "Sehun..." Namjoo called out. When his friends saw his glassy eyes, they knew something bad had happened. "Are you guys happy now?" He whispered. His friends exchanged glances at one another, not knowing what to say. "She broke up with me. Your mission has been accomplished. Thank you for your support. Congratulations." He spat the last word with much vehemence as he his heels and left his friends stunned.

 

***

 

"Was that for real? Did she really break up wih him?" Baekhyun's voice was laced with curiosity. "Wow, I'm so speechless right now. No wonder he looks pissed." Chanyeol added. "What did you do, Naeun?" Baekhyun probed, leaning further towards Naeun. Kai had his arms wrapped around Naeun, who had tears streaming down her cheeks. Namjoo looked at her friend and shook her head. "I told you not to tell her, right? We didn't even have concrete proof!" "So it's my fault now, huh?" Naeun burst. The table went silent. "That's not what I meant! I don't want to jump to conclusions and mess up everything for her. Look what happened now!" Namjoo chided. Kai, who has been keeping quiet the whole time took a deep breath. "We screwed up, didn't we?" He spoke. No one answered to him as they all pondered over what just happened.

 

"I'm so sorry, guys. I feel so guilty right now." Naeun broke the silence. "I really feel like for what I've done." Everyone looked at her with raised brows. "What did you do?" Kai asked. "I...I..." She paused before sighing. "I sent Hayoung some pictures of Sehun and Soojung together. While they were holding hands, hugging...stuff like that?" "You did what? Are you crazy?!" Namjoo shrieked. "Are you so bent on breaking them up? Did you really hate Sehun or what?" Namjoo continued raging. Kai looked at his girlfriend in disappointment. "How could you do that to your own friend?" "I was just protecting her! I didn't want her to doubt me." Naeun defended herself. "Naeun-ah, we were merely observers of the whole situation. We don't even know what goes on between them. I am not saying Sehun didn't do anything wrong. That idiot is just too nice to say no. But because of him being that way, people tend to misunderstand him." Chanyeol lectured. Everyone looked at him in awe. "That...is so true. We're his best friends yet we still doubt him. Aww man, now I feel like !" Baekhyun whined. "We should go see him! Let's clear things up." Namjoo suggested. "And I need to apologize too." Naeun added quietly. "Let's go find him!" Kai stood up as he lead the rest back to their dorm.

 

Hayoung

"Hello?" Hayoung answered her phone groggily. "I must have fallen asleep." She thought as she stretched herself out on the bed. "Youngie! Did you really break up with him?" She heard Namjoo's voice on the other line. Namjoo's question brought back her memories of what had happened prior to that. "Oh..." was all that managed to escape from Hayoung's mouth as she felt tears stinging her eyes yet again. "Namjoo-ah...what do I do now?" She chokes on her own sob before letting it all out. "Hayoung-ah!" This time she heard one of the guys' voice. "Kai here. You're on speaker. Please don't cry. This was all just a big misunderstanding. We're on our way to see Sehun now to sort things out with him."

 

Hayoung controlled her breathing as she tried to calm herself down. "Youngie, I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have sent you those photos without knowing the full story. Sorry, sorry, please forgive me." Naeun's voice was shaky as she said her piece. "Naeun-ah, why are you crying? It's not your fault. I would have done the same if I were you." Hayoung tried to reason out with her friend. "No, you wouldn't. You would have confronted the bastard. While I...I just assumed and thought I knew better." Naeun quietly said. "Well, it's all done now. I see what I needed to see. What else is there to say?" Hayoung muttered. "No, no! It was not what you think at all!" Naeun quickly clarified. "Yeah, its a whole load of a misundertanding mess. Sehun is not at fault!" Chanyeol joined in. "Why are you guys still defending him?" Hayoung sighed as she closed her eyes. "Because we're ty friends who didn't bother to hear him out. Instead, we just assumed and blamed him for everything. Will you forgive him?" Baekhyun asked softly. "I dunno, Baek. The damage is already done. I'm not sure if I can still go on with this." 

 

Hayoung paused as she heard silence from the other line. "Don't worry guys, like I've said before, if we're meant to be, we will be together." "Do you still love him?" Namjoo's questioned threw her off. Hayoung's heart ached every time she thought of Sehun and that Soojung girl but that doesn't make her love him any less. "Of course I do." She said eventually. "So give him another chance. He really looks heartbroken. I've never seen him so upset before." Kai coaxed. "I dunno if I can. I'm not sure if this long distance thing is working out." Hayoung stubbornly said. "Hayoung-ah..." Her friends called out to her. "Just let me sort my thoughts out." She finally said. "Good. You guys still love each other. Take this as a lesson. Give him another chance, ok?" Chanyeol's concerned tone made Hayoung teared again. "Thanks, guys." She whispered as she cut off the conversation and curled herself up and cried herself to sleep.

 

Sehun

Sehun was staring into space when he heard the door unlocked. He looked up to see the whole gang filtering into the room. He rolled his eyes as he turned away from them and plopped himself on his bed. "Sehun..." He heard Kai calling out to him but he remained unmoved. "Listen, I know you're mad at us but please just hear us out." Sehun sighed as he shut his eyes, not wanting to hear what they have to say. He heard some shuffling and jostling sounds before he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Sehun, I'm really sorry for what I did. I shouldn't have sent her pictures of you and Soojung. I should have clarified with you first. I was an for being angry and ignoring you and I'm so sorry!" Naeun began to cry.

 

Sehun blinked away the tears that were forming in his eyes as he tried to calm himself down. "I feel guilty enough that Hayoung didn't blame me for what happened, so please! Be angry at me! Scold me! Hate me if it makes you feel better! Just please, please forgive my stupid mistake." Naeun continued. Sehun heard gasps and Kai's voice shouting for Naeun. "Naeun-ah, what are you doing? Get up!" "No, leave me alone! This is between me and Sehun." Her voice was firm and resolute. Sehun slowly turned and sat up to face his friends but he got a shock when he saw Naeun kneeling beside his bed. "Naeun! What the hell?! Get up!" Sehun quickly got to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter