Chapter 8 ~ First Date

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry, as usual :( And please expect a lot of typos and grammatical errors, I haven't had the chance to proof read this. Work is killing me :((

 

Chapter 8 ~ First Date

 

"How 'bout this?" Taeyeon placed the shirt in front of her trunk and showed it to her friends.

"I told you, Taeng, they all look good on you!" Sunny huffed.

"We've been going round and round in the mall for hours!"

"My legs are tired." Sooyoung sat on the chair beside her boyfriend.

"You're preparing as if you're asking her to marry you! It's just a date, Taeyeon-ah. A casual meal and movie between two friends." Sunny stated.

Is it so wrong to try to look good for her? Taeyeon sighed. She placed the hanged shirt back on its place and dragged her feet outside the store.

The group had been looking for the perfect outfit that Taeyeon would wear on her first date with Tiffany.

The date is still a week from now but Taeyeon was already fidgety and nervous hence the endless finding and fitting of clothes all around the mall for the past 3 hours. 

"I think you should just go with what Heechul hyung suggested." Kyungho suddenly told the dejectedly looking Taeyeon.

"What was it?" she absent-mindedly reply while looking straight ahead.

"It will just be a friendly date, right? Casual?" Sunny raised her brows. "So, boyfriend polo?" Sunny replied.

"Yeah, with the buttons open." Sooyoung added.

"Will that look good on me?" she looked at her friends worriedly.

"We told you for a couple of times, anything looks good on you just as long as you know how to handle the outfit." Sooyung glared at their friend.

Undeterred with the looks her friends were giving her, Taeyeon went inside another boutique while the other three lazily followed her inside.

Just seconds after they had scanned the items, Sunny skidded towards the girls whose brows were furrowed while looking at the line of hanged clothes.

"Taeyeon-ah!"

Taeyeon turned to look at her. 

The couple, Kyungho and Sooyoung, heard the voice and immediately went near to the duo.

"Try this on!" Sunny showed her a faded blue long-sleeved polo on one hand and a white tank top on the other.

"I think this will go well with those." Sooyung said as she raised a black shorts that she was holding.

Taeyeon tilted her head as she examined the pieces of clothing her friends had chosen for her and decided to give it a try.

With hopeful eyes, she grabbed the clothes and entered the farthest stall in the fitting room while her tired friends made their selves comfortable with the sofa outside the room.

Minutes had passed and out came Taeyeon with the clothing she had tried on.

"How's it?" she asked her friends expectantly as she thought that that was by far the best thing she had fitted for the past hours. 

Sunny and Sooyoung high-fived as they saw their friend looking casually smart and pretty with their chosen outfits.

"I take that as a yes? Looks fine?" Taeyeon asked to confirm.

"Well, of course, yes! We chose that after all." Sooyoung answered with a smug look on her face while the other short girl just smirked.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and contemplated for the last time should she choose to purchase the clothes.

"You honestly look pretty with that, Taeng." The silent man in between the two grinning girls complimented her.

Taeyeon blushed with Kyungho's statement as the man rarely speaks such compliments towards his friends. "Thanks, oppa."

"See? Even oppa here agrees with us."

"Go change and pay for it so we can get out of here and eat!" 

"I'm hungry! I feel like I can eat an entire buffet!"

Taeyeon scoffed at her friends. "You always seem to eat an entire buffet even when you're not hungry."  she muttered under her breath.

"Yah! I heard that!"

"Then good." Taeyeon rolled her eyes on her friends as she made her way back to change her clothes hoping that the outfit could somehow make her look attractive and mask her nervous on the day she'll go out with Tiffany.

- - - - - 

Taeyeon took a deep breath one last time as tried to calm herself before entering the bookstore where she would meet Tiffany.

She entered the store and craned her neck at every row of bookshelf that she passed, looking for a particular girl.

She finally saw her reading a book on her hands, reading so calmly on one corner.

The short girl took her time to marvel at the peaceful sight of the Tiffany. Though she was only wearing a simple floral blouse with a black skirt, Taeyeon thought that Tiffany was the prettiest girl that she had ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter