Chapter 3

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Raindrops started to fall from the gloomy afternoon sky and a brunette sought shelter under an empty shed. It was a Friday and the highway was surprisingly free from traffic. Must be due to the heavy rain, Tiffany thought as she decided to sat down at the bench while she wait for her petite friend who was suposed to pick her up. She have always loved the rain despite the hassle it brings. There's just something in the cold and wet weather that brings her comfort, a fact that she shared with a certain short girl. Tiffany held her hand out, catching the water drops, letting her hand get soaked as her mind drifted to memories she had under the same weather.

"Yah! You're gonna catch a cold!"

Tiffany was startled when she heard a yell beside her. She turned to see the owner of the voice and saw Taeyeon with her hand held out abover their heads, trying to make her white doctor's coat as their makeshift umbrella, all the while cursing beneath her breath on why it suddenly had to rain. Despite the cold weather, the gesture warmed her heart and Tiffany unconsciously smiled. 

"Come closer" the short doctor mumbled.

"W-what?"

"Come closer so you won't get wet."

Despite being friends, Tiffany had never gotten physically close with Taeyeon until that day and her heart started to race with the idea that the young doctor was urging her to even move closer. Taeyeon never liked skinship, a fact Tiffany had known in college from witnessing Taeyeon getting teased by her friends through hugging her, so she wasn't so sure what to make of the blonde's order.

Tiffany might have dazed off for too long that Taeyeon took the liberty to move closer to her instead. The blonde doctor's arm was above and around her, almost practically hugging her and Tiffany can't help but hold her breath as if this will make her heart stop from pounding. She stood there frozen, afraid that she might be dangerously too close from Taeyeon's face if she moved an inch to look at her. Tiffany can smell Taeyeon's cologne from her distance and that wasn't helping with her composure but was rather making her dizzy, as if being hypnotized.

"T-thanks" she mumbled, trying to mask her nervousness.

"Aish, you should always be carrying an umbrella with you, Miss Hwang" Taeyeon replied with her eyes fixed on the red glowing traffic light across the street.

"I-I actually lost mine last week" Tiffany tried to reply cooly.

I should get you a new one" Taeyeon nudged her with the arm she had around Tiffany and this made the taller girl practically lean on the blonde and before Tiffany can even react, she sensed movement from the girl beside her and realized that the traffic light across had already turned green. 

A beeping horn from the newly parked car in front of the shed woke Tiffany up from her reminiscing and the passenger window rolled down. She frowned when an unexpected face came into view.

"Tiffany! Get in! It's starting to pour heavier!" the passenger yelled jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter