Chapter 12 ~ Jealousy

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Double update! Enjoy! Happy TaeNy Day!

 

 

Chapter 12 ~ Jealousy 

 

 

"So what do you think?"

Tiffany raised her head from looking at her phone, "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"Oh, nothing. I was just asking what do you think of this bag as a gift for Yuri." Taeyeon replied a bit lifelessly. She is at the mall right now with Tiffany for their weekly date but she noticed how the girl was very pre-occupied with her phone ever since they exited the restaurant where they had their lunch.

Tiffany didn't fail to notice the disappointment in Taeyeon's eyes, "Oh? I think she would love it, Taeyeon-ah. It will perfectly fit whatever outfit she will be wearing when she uses this." She squeezed Taeyeon's arm to convey her apology.

"Alright, I'll get this." Taeyeon flashed a smile faintly at her.

Taeyeon walked towards the counter to pay for the bag and Tiffany was trailing behind her. She felt guilty that she was cooped up on her phone for the past couple of hours when in fact it is her date day with Taeyeon.

As Taeyeon stood in line in the counter, Tiffany stood closer behind her, their shoulders barely touching. 

Taeyeon turned to look at Tiffany and she gave her a little smile then she returned her focus back to the front of the counter. Tiffany felt gultier as seconds pass by so she she inhaled and braced herself for what she was about to do.

Subtly, Tiffany linked her arm with Taeyeon's, with her face like she wasn't doing anything. She pulled the girl closer to her and tightened her grip on her arm.

Taeyeon was surprised by the sudden warmth on her arm and felt tingles all over her body. She was really quiet shock that she wasn't able to move from her spot so she just stood there frozen in Tiffany's hold. Though they have been going out for months, they surely are taking things super slow. Afraid thay they might make the other uncomfortable, they didn't do much aside from the occassional touches which only lasts for a few seconds. 

"Sorry" Tiffany said softly, barely audible enough for Taeyeon to hear.

"Hm?"

"Sorry if I was so occupied with my phone today." 

Taeyeon looked at her and patted Tiffany's hand which was around her arm. She smiled, "It's okay." 

"It's not. I'll keep it on my purse from now on." Tiffany said as she hang her head low.

"Hey, it's really fine. Don't worry about it." Taeyeon didn't want to make a big deal out of the matter. Despite being so curious as to who was the person Tiffany was texting with, she doesn't want to sound possessive. She's just a friend, anway, she reminded herself that. 

Tiffany hesitated for a second, "Actually," she gulped. "It's Mr. Kim, our supervisor." She carefully said.

"Oh?" Taeyeon tried to look unaffected and controlled the jealousy sparking within her.

"Y-yeah." Tiffany replied, she wasn't even sure why was she stuttering. "He has been texting me for days."

"Why?" she gritted her teeth.

Tiffany tightened her grip on Taeyeon, "He's asking me out."

"Why?" Taeyeon couldn't find anything to reply. 

"I don't know. Ever since he got my number the other day, he has been bugging me to go get dinner with him."

"Did you agree to have dinner with him?" Taeyeon asked carefully with her pokerface on, afraid that she might sound jelous.

"No. I don't like him." Tiffany replied quikly.

"Why?" 

"Because I don't like his advances so he doesn't look genuine. I value sincerity so much." She replied firmly.

Taeyeon smiled as she heard the answer, "That you do, Fany-ah."

- - - - -

A month came when Taeyeon was assigned to a night shift at work so she couldn't find time to have her weekly date with Tiffany since the girl goes home on weekends. Right after her shift ends, it's already too late to ask the girl to have dinner with her thus the endless apologies for constantly postponing their date. Tiffany understood, it was inevitable, she said. 

Internship has been tough that month that Taeyeon wouldn't be able to check her phone for messages and breaks would only be enough for her to get a couple of spoonfuls to fill her stomach, thus reducing her time to talk to Tiffany to only when she gets out from work. But even when she's already out, Tiffany would already be too sleepy to talk by then so she urges her to sleep despite the girl's resistance. Furthermore, on mornings, since Tiffany works early, Taeyeon would only be able to read the girl's good morning texts by the time she gets up for work, which is also the time Tiffany's working thus making it too hard for them to talk. 

Tiffany understood as she doesn't also want to sound needy or clingy. Somehow she felt relieved with their current situation as it gives her time to think more about the two of them. She can't deny her growing fondness for the older girl but she also isn't sure if that fondness is enough to return the attention Taeyeon was giving her. Taeyeon has become special enough for her that she didn't want to hurt her, thus constantly tryng to push back the thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter