Chapter 7 ~ Valentines

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapyter 7 ~ Valentines

 

Taeyeon was about to switch the television off when her phone signalled a new message. She immediately let go of the remote she was holding and took her phone that was lying beside her. 

Her brows raised as she read the message she had just received.

Hello Taeyeon-ah! How are you? ^^

She read the name of the sender again and again to make sure that her sleepy mind wasn't playing tricks on her: Tiffany

Taeyeon wondered why the girl messaged her since their group project was long done. They are also not that close to be texting each other so she racked her brain for possible reasons. When she couldn't seem to find an answer, she decided to just reply to the message thinking that maybe the girl has something to tell her. 

Hi! I'm fine, Fany. How 'bout you? she then sent the reply after typing.

Taeyeon's skepticism vanished after a couple of messages later and she hadn't realized that they have already been texting for hours, until the wee hours of dawn.

She had thought how fun of a conversation partner was the girl. They had talked about anything: sensible and senseless. Both realized the randomness the other person has and how well they clicked despite a number of differences. 

They bid each other good night after sealing a deal of having a meal together at the end of the semester since Tiffany had been craving Japanese food for weeks and Taeyeon hasn't always been a fond of the cuisine. 

That night was the start of their constant communication. They would text each other 24/7, talking about anything. Tiffany and Taeyeon have come to know each other more because of the constant texts.

Though they had been constantly talking with each other through texting, their personal interactions haven't changed. They will just greet each like they used to, as if they hadn't been constantly talking nonstop through text.

Taeyeon's friends have known this progress and they were all supportive more than ever. They had deemed Tiffany as the best choice of crush Taeyeon had so far. They had once commented how cute both Tiffany and Taeyeon were as they talk like lovers on phone but act all shy when around with each other.  

Despite the quite big progress, Taeyeon can't help but worry as she once talked to her friend about it one day. 

"I think you're just overthinking, Taeng."

"I don't know. But I honestly don't wanna fall for her this time. Look where it got me before."

"What if Fany's different? She told you she doesn't mind being in a relationship with another girl right? Regardless if it's you or not since you didn't exactly ask her."

"Well, yeah, but.." she sighed. "What if it was just her thoughts talking? What if she finds out in the future that she really couldn't?" 

"Why are you so worried about the future? You are not even planning on asking her to date you, right?"

"Of course!" Taeyeon had unintentionally raised her voice. "Well, I like what we have right now and I intend to keep it that way. Telling her my feelings will just cause another hell of a trouble." she slumped on her seat, feeling defeated.

"C'mon Taeyeon-ah. Give the girl more credit. At least give her the benefit of the doubt. She's not Jessica." the girl looked at Taeyeon carefully as she mentioned the name.

"I know that, Soonkyu." Taeyeon closed her eyes, massaging her temples. This talk was starting to give her a headache.

"Look, I'm not telling you to confess to her or anything but just go with the flow. See where this goes. It's still too early to be having this kind of talk. You two are just starting to build a beautiful kind of friendship so just focus on that. Tiffany's a wonderful person, Taeng."

"I know." she unconsciously smiled, thinking of the eyesmiling girl. "I am just being cautious, I guess." 

"Being cautious is alright but don't let that get in the way of your blossoming friendship with her. You both seem to click well. She's quite a catch." Sunny smiled at her.

"Just friendship, Soonkyu!" Taeyeon protested.

"Alright. Alright. No need to be all cranky." the girl laughed. "But seriously, don't think too much. Stop thinking that everyone you'll meet will just hurt you. I really think she's different. I know she genuinely likes you too, Taeng, as a friend."

Taeyeon slumped again on her seat. "I guess so. Thanks, Soonkyu."

- - - - - 

Taeyeon was surprised as she saw a lone stem of red rose on her seat. It's Valentine's Day after all. But from whom could this be? Is this really for me? Did they get the right person?

She then heard snickers at her back and turned to see her friends chuckling. 

"You know something, don't you?" she raised her brows at them.

"Anniyo!" they shouted in unison. "We are also surprised to see that lying on your chair when we got here."

"Liars!" Taeyeon chuckled as she look at her friends who seemed to be terrible actors.

"Alright, I quit! Let's just come clean, guys." the tall man said as she patted the backs of the other two girls beside him.

"Yah! Oppa! You give up so easily!" Sooyoung said, sulking.

"We're terrible liars, Sooyoung-ah. Taeng can see through us!" the man replied.

"We shouldn't have laughed." the other girl crossed her arms.

"You can't make eye contact when you lie, Hyoyeon-ah. You can't even spare me a glance earlier!" Taeyeon heartily laughed.

The girls just shook their heads and took their seats beside Taeyeon.

"That one's from me, Taeng." the man smiled.

"Kyungho oppa got us all flowers!" Hyoyeon beamed.

"Waaa. Thanks oppa!" Taeyeon smiled at the man standing in front of her.

"You're welcome!" the man smiled back.

"So what did you buy for our Sooyoungie here, oppa?" Taeyeon asked him teasingly.

Kyungho just chuckled at the teasing and pointed at the flowers and box of chocolates on Sooyoung's chair.

"I see that you're blushing." the short girl said to the now red Sooyoung.

"Stop it. Taeng!" Sooyoung sla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter