Chapter 13 ~ Is this it?

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13 ~ Is this it?

 

Everything was going well since a few weeks ago so Taeyeon couldn't understand how did she end in a situation she had never foreseen as she sat frozen across the girl she had held precious for almost a year.

"I'm sorry" were the first words that left Tiffany's lips and Taeyeon instantly knew that their conversation would be upto something unfavorable. Her heart cracked after hearing the first line Tiffany muttered the moment they had sat down in the middle of the cafe in the mall they had frequent to. 

Her heart started to race as many what if's clouded her mind. Mustering all the courage she didn't know she have, she asked the girl of what the sudden apology was all about.

"I l-like you, Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany softly said, her eyes meeting Taeyeon's confused ones.

"But?" Taeyeon knew there's something after that confession.

Tiffany gulped as she clammered for her bag behind her. Taeyeon studied every move the girl made, as if trying to guess what was about to happen.

A white folded paper was placed in front of Taeyeon and she shot Tiffany a questioning look.

"What's this?" She raised her brow, her heart started to pound in her chest.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon for a split second before she returned her focus back on the empty table, "I-I wouldn't be able to tell everything I wanted to tell you in person so..." she gulped for the second time in the past five minutes, "I decided to write it all in a letter." She sighed, what is love but a chance to get hurt?

For a second, Taeyeon was contemplating what to expect. Acceptance? Rejection? What?

"It's been almost a year," Tiffany continued, "and I've made you wait for so long considering how fast-paced the world is already today." She tried to lighten the mood.

"W-What are you trying to say?" Taeyeon was confused beyond words by now.

"I w-want to give you a-answers." Tiffany replied just above a whisper.

Taeyeon thought she saw guilt from the girl's eyes and her fears just doubled, "I-I can w-wait!" She instantly said.

Tiffany smiled, "Thank you, Taeyeon-ah. You're a wonderful person." she tilted her head as if memorizing ever corner of Taeyeon's face, "Everything is in the letter."

"Bu-" Taeyeon tried to counter but saw Tiffany shouldering her bag.

Tiffany stood up from her seat, "I-I actually need to go. I'm meeting my mom." Her voice faltered at the end as she immediately went out of the cafe, not even sparing a glance at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon's heart broke. Rejection - she thought while she kept her eyes glued to the paper in front of her as she feared reading its contents.

Taeyeon wanted Tiffany, and at some point, she thought the girl liked her too. After months of playing tag with all her efforts and heart at stake, she had finally caught Tiffany, but not in the way she had hoped and expected to catch her.

After fondling through the surface of the white paper, she unfolded the sheet as she braced her heart from a wave of denial perfectly hidden under black ink that was about to hit her.

"Tae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter