Chapter 10 ~ April Fools!

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm baaaaaack! My internship is over and I have already taken my final exam and I passed! Which means, I am graduating!!! I'll be receiving the paper which I worked hard to get for 5 years this March 18th! Congratulations, self. Lol Anyway, as always, I am so sorry for taking super super super long to update. Thank you to the new subscribers and those who are still patiently waiting for updates. Saranghaeyo! Hearts you <3

 

Chapter 10 ~ April Fools!

 

"I'm pregnant."

Taeyeon's eyes almost fall out from their sockets from the shocking news she had just read on her phone. Her fingers fumbled over the screen as she hysterically typed for a reply, as if the world is ending before she can send a text. 

"What the hell?! You've got to be kidding me!"

"I'm sorry, Taeyeon-ah." the reply came faster much to the girl's relief.

"Who the midget is the father of that?! You're just a university student, for goodness sake!"

"Sorry.."

"WHOSE.CHILD.IS.THAT?!" Taeyeon was practically shouting on her texts as she couldn't think what to make of the news. 

Taeyeon was getting more anxious by the minute and as she couldn't seem to be getting a reply, she decided to just call the girl.

She stomped on her feet as she waited for the person on the other line to pick up. It took a few more rings before the call was answered.

"Hello?" the person on the other line answered as Taeyeon let out a long and deep sigh from holding her breath.

"Yah! What took you so long to answer?!" Taeyeon yelled, gripping the hem of her shirt.

"Sorry, Taeng" the other line answered and Taeyeon swore she could hear faint murmurs and muffled giggles on the other end.

"What the hell is going on?" Whose face am I gonna break?!" she gritted her teeth.

"Taeng.." the other line answered, still echoed by suppressed laughter.

"WHAT LEE SOONKYU, WHAT?!" Taeyeon yelled, her voice resonating the entire room.

"APRIL FOOOOOOOOLS!" a chorus of shouts came from the other line that Taeyeon had to move the phone away from her ear. 

Taeyeon stifled a curse as she looked at the calendar hanging across her room, it was indeed April 1st, April Fools. 

"Yah! Lee Soonkyu! If you only have senseless things to say, then I suggest you go tell that to someone else! It's still so early in the morning and you're already ruining my day!" she deflated on her chair and massaged her temples. 

"Grumpy Taeng is back!" another voice came on the other line.

"That goes for you too, Choi Sooyoung! Stop pestering me so early in the morning!" she yelled again. "And I know you're there Kwon Yuri and Kim Hyoyeon, you chodings!" 

"You're no fun, Taengoo. This day only happens once a year. Let us have some fun."

"Once a year?! You're practically doing that everyday!" 

"Oh, stop exaggerating." 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, forgetting that her friends wouldn't be able to see her. She sighed, "I'm just glad that for once, you didn't drag Yoona into this."

"What do you mean we didn't drag? That favourite dongsaeng of yours is the one behind this!" the girls snickered on the other line.

"What the.." and before she could finish her sentence, a familiar voice came through the line, "Unnie, are you awake now?" Yoona's aegyo-filled voice made her cringed.

"I'M YOONAAAAAAAA!"

Beep. Beep. Beep. Then the line went dead.

- - - - -

Later that day, Taeyeon is sprawled on her bed as she stare blankly at her phone's screen.

April Fools, she thought, what if I try to confess to her and just take it back by telling her that it was just an April Fool’s joke? Let's just see what her reaction will be.

She smirked and fumbled over the screen as she typed, "Fany-ah, I like you".

But as she was about to press the button to send it, her so-called inner self spoke up again, Are you seriously doing that, Kim Taeyeon?

Taeyeon sighed, shook her head and just decided to erase the typed message and discard her plan.

But as she was about to erase the message, her fingers automatically moved to press "send" instead of the backspace key beside it and her eyes couldn't get any bigger that day. 

The blonde girl was frozen on her bed, staring straight into her phone as if it just winked at her. 

A good few minutes later and she recovered, she cursed and face-palmed as she couldn't believe her own stupidity. 

Babo. Babo. Babo. She sighed again, I guess I don't have a choice but to face the music then. 

It didn't took long before a reply came and Taeyeon couldn't seem to bring herself to look at her phone.

She took a deep breath and muffled a curse before reading the message.

"Eh? Uhh, I like myself too, Taeyeon-ah. Thank you." she blinked, not believing the unexpected reply that she got, so she decided to go with the plan she had come up earlier.

"No, seriously, I like you, Fany-ah. And not just a friend. I like, like you."

The hell with confessing through text, Taeyeon couldn't care less anymore, she wanted to know the girl's reaction should she go ahead and confess for real one day. 

Tiffany's reply were faster than usual, "You're really serious, aren't you? I don't know what to say, Taeyeon-ah. I'm flattered, thank you. But I seriously don't know what to say."

Taeyeon let go of the breath she didn't know she was holding as she read the reply. She wasn't really expecting something from Tiffany, she just wanted to let her know, let it all out and just get her reaction. 

But a sting of pain struck her with Tiffany's lack of reaction and hesitation so she decided to end this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter