Chapter Eight

Night Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight

        The second that I collapsed onto my bed taking in the fact that it was officially winter break and Christmas just two days away. my phone buzzed. I glanced down to find out that it was a new message from JB.

        From JB
        We have another party tonight at the frat house. Come to the house at dusk? 

        I sighed, ever since I had gotten wrapped up with the guys they had been getting more and more involved in the college scene. JB, Junior, and Yugyeom spent a lot of time at college parties, seeing who was leaving with vampires and just what was going on. There had been a few instances where they had interfered when the same vampire kept taking girls one after another one night. The vampire wasn't happy about it, but he backed off. 

        For the passed few days they had been watching a full blood vampire who just came into town. He had shown up for the first time, and being an attractive guy like he was, the college girls all migrated toward him, and he ate them up, literally. Whenever one on the guys went up to him he just shrugged them off and continued doing his thing. He was a solo kind of guy, he didn't have any interest in making friends, and that was clear. He didn't drink the blood of the girls to live, he made sure to drain them every time. Mark assumed he was "playing" around with them before they died completely, making them beg before snapping their necks and moving on. It was sick, and I felt bad every time I saw a girl announced as missing or dead. The news was covering it as a serial who had yet to be caught. 

        The news changes when you know the truth. The stories about missing people, random deaths, and other tragedies become more somber. The local police having weekly searches for the people who go missing, money being raised for the families of the dead. Before knowing what caused all of it, it was easy to have hope about it getting better, and to hope that these people would come back home. When you did know the truth you couldn't help but feel hopeless. You couldn't do much to help these people. Vampires were vampires. They killed. It's the natural cycle of the food chain, but it didn't make it right. 

        I responded to JB's text saying that I'd be there. This "job" had it's downsides, I had very little free time, I was aware of things that I would rather not have been aware of, and it could just get annoying. However, I still continued to do it. I planned on continuing to do it. It was inconvenient and I wasn't quite used to everything, but if I was helping even one person, it was worth it. 

        I messed around on the internet for a while before I grabbed my keys from my desk in my room. It was around 4:30 and just starting to get dark.

        "Going out?" My mom asked me as I was walking through the living room. My parents had adjusted pretty quickly to me not being home all the time like I used to. They seemed to enjoy the time alone and they loved the fact that I was hanging out with people. My parents had met all of Mark's friends at this point and they were happy enough with the crowd I was hanging out with. Of course, they were worried about the fact that I was around so many guys, but after meeting them, my parents were more than comfortable with it. Mark and I had kept up the couple act around my parents, the guys were always teasing us about it, but it wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. We were able to be a couple around my parents and then stick to just being friends when we were around each other. This wasn't turning out to be as hard as I thought it would be. 

        "It's Friday night! The beginning of Christmas break! I'm celebrating with the guys on campus." I told her with a smile. 

        "Don't get too drunk." She rolled her eyes, I was underage when it came to alcohol, but it was a well known fact that age stopped no one when it came to partying. "And if it gets really late don't worry about coming home. I'd rather you be sleeping on someone's floor than risking your life to get back home. And if you sleep with Mark be sure to use protection, you haven't finished school yet, when you get your first teaching job you can have all the babies you want. But not yet." 

        "No worries about kids anytime soon Mrs. Park." I turned around quickly and saw Mark standing there with a smirk, my father coming up behind him, "And don't worry. We'll take perfect care of her tonight. Don't need Jen getting into trouble." Mark walked over to me and ruffled my hair quickly before his arm wrapped around my waist. I pouted while my parents just smiled at the two of us. "We'll get going now, eh?" I nodded before saying bye to my parents and following him out of the house. 

        "The sun hasn't set." I reminded him when we got to my car. 

        "It's been cloudy all day, and I avoided direct sunlight, besides, it'll set any time now." He assured me, holding his hands up for the keys, I tossed them toward him lazily before getting into the passenger seat. 

        "You could have told me you were coming to pick me up." I told him briefly. 

        "You should have left earlier." I scoffed.

        "No one goes to college parties at five o'clock. I had at least five more hours before the party even begins to start getting decent." Mark turned his head and looked at me with raised eyebrows, 

        "Since when did you know so much about college parties?" 

        "Since you guys have been making me go to at least three a week." I sighed before unlocking my phone signaling that the conversation was over. 

        It wasn't long until we arrived at the house. Mark threw my keys back to me before we walked inside. 

        "JB will tell you what the plan for tonight is." He told me before throwing himself onto the couch, "Just an FYI, you might not like it."

        "You can't just say that and not tell me, what the hell Mark." He gave me a smile just as I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around as my hand flew to my chest, "Im Jaebum I swear to god if you keep sneaking up on me I will kill you." JB held his hands up in surrender before he apologized. Getting closer wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter