Chapter Eighteen

Night Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eighteen

Jen's PoV

It was a good thing that there were not any expectations when it came to living in a house full of vampires, because I couldn't imagine what to expect as it was. 

"Jackson's going to start getting jealous that I stole his roommate." I said when the door of my room opened to reveal Mark for the seventh night in a row. "And Yugyeom told me that there is a strict no bringing girls home rule. So it seems like you're doing a lot of things you shouldn't."

"I'm not bringing you home. This is your home. And as for Jackson... He seems perfectly happy with me not rooming with him." 

"What about it being okay with me? Even check that one, Tuan?" A smirk played on his lips and he stood in front of me, 

"Your excitement around me is enough of an answer don't you think?" I rolled my eyes and pushed him away,

"What I think is that it's time for me to go grocery shopping so I can eat something more than cereal and microwave dinners." I changed the subject, "Human food is a thing." I reminded him with a laugh.

"Let us pay for it?" He offered. I went to argue, "You're here because of us, we have to make it a good experience."

"I'm here because you guys offered and I figured it would be easier."

"If you don't take the money then I'm going make sure someone goes with you. I'd go myself but the sun'll come up within the hour." 

"I know." My eyes shifted to look at Mark's lips before they met his eyes again. He just laughed lightly.

"Stores won't be open for another few hours anyway." 

"Not as if you could last that long." I scoffed.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think you should be talking so lowly about yourself." As soon as the words were out of his mouth his lips connected with mine.

~O~


"Please! Please please please! Let me come with you! I'll call you Noona!" Bam Bam pleaded with me. I laughed him off.

"It's just the store, Bam Bam." I said, ignoring his Noona comment.

"Exactly. All the more reason for you to let me come." I rolled my eyes before finally giving in. 

"Get sound soundproofing stuff for your room while you're at it would you?" Jackson said to me as I grabbed my keys. 

"Get a life would you?" Mark countered as he came down the stairs. "Have fun. Be careful." He told me. I just nodded. 

"Of course." Before anyone else could delay my departure I grabbed Bam Bam by the hand and dragged him out of the house. We spoke back and forth catching up and just hanging out during the car ride.

"So, what is exactly happening with you and Mark? Not the obvious part, I mean, I'm sure everyone heard that. I mean like emotionwise." He asked as we walked into the store.

"I really couldn't tell you. I don't even have a clue myself."

"Would you ever date him?" 

"That's a complicated question, Bammie." 

"Fine. do you love him?" 

According to the way this bond thing works I did. And I had been questioning if I really did or not ever since I found that out; I still had no clue.

"That's also a complicated question." 

"Well I met a girl." He said, cheerily changing subjects. 

"Oh yeah?" He went on for the rest of the time shopping about this halfblood named Alexis. Apparently they had really gotten along.

"You know, Jen, I know it's complicated, but I think you should figure it out. I don't want to see you get hurt, but I also don't want to see Mark get hurt either. Just because he is a vampire doesn't mean that he doesn't have feelings. He's a good guy, blood er or not. I'm not telling you that you have to love him. I'm just saying you should figure it out before this goes further than it already has." Serious BamBam was always something that made me think twice.

"I know." I simply said. "But thank you." 

"Anytime. So does all this food mean that you're going to be cooking? We have that kitchen but we never use it. You should make cookies. Cookies smell really good." I laughed at him as he sped into the house carrying the bags. I closed the trunk of the car and followed the way he went. He Jackson, and Junior were all picking through what I bought, making comments about every item. They each threw out things that I should make. 

"I hope you digging through all of that means you're putting it away." I challenged. Junior agreed and I smiled and went to go change so I could continue to work out downstairs. I had been improving, but not enough for anyone to teach me any real self defense. So I kept working at it. 50 sit ups in one go was a goal I had almost achieved and one armed push ups were becoming a second nature. 

"You're getting better." I jumped at the sudden voice. "Sorry." Mark smiled. 

"I should be getting better. I have muscles now." I said showing him my arms. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter