Chapter Twelve

Night Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

        The car ride was silent. All that could be heard was the sound of the car speeding down the highway, and the heavy, nervous breathing coming from the strange young man. Mark had explained how the book works to me on multiple occasions. The Royals control it. They send a book out to the requested area. But they don't have an unlimited number of these books. The royals sending 50% of those books to this town alone didn't make any sense. 

        I couldn't decide whether or not I should talk to the guy sitting next to me ot not. My mind was racing to figure all of this out, and neither BamBam or Yugyeom had spoken, so it was awkward. 
        
        I was relieved when I saw the small family owned convenience store that let back into the town, signalling we were almost back to the house that the seven vampires shared. 

        "I'm Jen." I finally decided to speak, "The one driving is BamBam, and the one who is in the passenger seat  is Yugyeom. We have five other friends at the house we are headed to now, so you will meet them then."

        "I'm Jae." I smiled at the young man, Jae before the car fell back into silence. When I had first met these vampires, BamBam had been very open with me. He was cheerful, social, and excitable. Right now, he was the complete opposite. I think there was something about this entire situation that made everyone uncomfortable and unsure. 

        I let out a sigh of relief when we finally pulled up into the driveway of the house. Junior and Mark wee waiting outside and were on each side of the car in seconds,

        "You okay?" Mark asked me briefly as he helped me out of the car. I nodded, 

        "Why don't we go figure this all out." The vampires and I led Jae into the kitchen where JB, Youngjae and Jackson were. the kitchen always seemed to be our meeting place. 

        "Everyone, this is Jae. He has a copy of the book."

        "But how is that even possible?"Jackson asked sounding frustrated before I even had the chance to to introduce the Jae to the vampires. 

        "We have a total of four books, and two of them are here. That's all there is to it." Mark countered, 

        JB had started to speak before he was interrupted by is phone. He glanced at the display screen before vanishing from the room. 

        "Wait, hold on, are all of you vampires?" Jae finally spoke, which caused everyone to look at him. It was odd to be on the other side of all of this. 

        "I'm not, " I started, "All of them are though. The one who just left is JB, You know BamBam and Yugyeom. Sitting next to me is Mark, and Jackson is the one with the hat who is being awfully loud tonight. Junior is sitting next to you and Youngjae is the one who is leaning against the counter." I explained, point my finger at each vampire as I spoke their name, "They're all vamps, yeah, but not like the ones you saw earlier."

        "He was at the scene earlier?" Junior inquired.

        "He showed up, the location of those newborns was where the book sent him." BamBam explained. 

        "But what we want to know is that. We didn't even know another person was coming." Yugyeom said. 

        "Wait a second, this book isn't like alive, it can't do things." Jae spoke but was ignored. Apparently this is what these guys did when around newcomers. 

        "Has our control of the situation changed in any way? Can we not handle whatever is going on anymore?" Youngjae questioned. 

        "Nothing has changed, though. If anything we have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter