Chapter Nineteen

Night Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Nineteen

Jen's PoV

By the time eight thirty rolled around I was so drenched in perfume I felt as if a cloud of cheap scent was following me around everywhere I went. Mark had left a little before Ella was supposed to be stopping by, and I was left by myself for the first time in a while. My mind was racing and I wasn't sure what I felt. I loved Mark. I was more in love with Mark than I thought possible. I knew it wasn't because of the bond. It didn't come down to the or the blood. I was just in love with him and I didn't want to admit it to myself, or anyone else. Him saying that he was in love with me changed things in my brain. It was a confirmation that I wasn't crazy and that there was something more than and blood. It made me feel like I was almost ready. No. That I was ready, and when we got back from this tonight, I would tell him. I was ready. I was going to tell Mark that I was in love with him.

Just as I figured everything out in my brain the doorbell rang. Ella was finally here. I stood up and shook any thoughts of anything but the job tonight from my head. It was time to get everything together and figured out. Once this was done the vampire problem in town would be over. I opened the door to greet a smiling Ella.

"You know, I was really shocked when you texted me about this. The boys not giving you what you want?" She asked as she drove us to the area where the vampires were staying.

"This one guy... I don't know..." I started trying to figure out a story, "I was bit by this vampire named Alex on one of my first missions, and there was something about it that made me want more. And I read something about exchanges. None of the guys would do it of course, I think they would kill me if they knew I was going to do this, actually." I laughed lightly.

"So how did you know about this clan?"

"I heard JB and Yugyeom talking about them the other day, and I figured you might know them so I gave it a shot."

"Well, you my friend, are in luck. I think I know the perfect one for you. He is totally hot, his name is Greg. He's been a vampire for like nine years, but he was 23 when he was turned. So it shouldn't be too awkward for you. Plus, you look y, he will be all over you, so be excited." She smiled over at me before turning up the radio and loudly singing along to the Maroon 5 song that was on the radio. I laughed at my old friend before staring out of the window and watching the shadowy trees fly by.

As the car slowed to a stop I undid my seat belt and went to step out of the car when Ella stopped me, "You sure about this?" Her tone was different than earlier. I just nodded,

"It's just me having a good time, don't worry about a thing Ella." I assured getting out of the car. "Now where do we go so I can meet this hot vampire named Greg you speak of."

"This way. Calm your hormones you crazy girl. Try not to be too desperate." She joked, but was still slightly serious. Her car beeped signaling that she had locked it. She grabbed my hand and pulled me in the direction of where a bunch of fires in tin trash cans were lit. I didn't understand the reason why vampires always had fires at their hang outs. As far as I knew fire was something that could kill them. But they had it there anyway, and I'm not entirely sure I wanted to know what kept those fires going. I had a few ideas, all of which were bound to keep the average person up at night.

"Ella, hey, how's it going?" A man wrapped his arm around Ella's shoulders in a friendly way before his gaze focused on me, "And more importantly... Who's your friend?" I tried my hardest to keep all hostility and any sign of how uncomfortable I was out of my eyes, and seeing as the man seemed to be undressing me with his eyes, I was doing so successfully.

"Jeez, I shouldn't have even bothered coming if you were going to be into her that quickly." My old friend laughed, "This is Jen. The one I was telling you about. She was hanging out with some other vampires and obviously they weren't as understanding of the food chain as she was hoping for. So I brought her to you. She's a friend so don't be too rough."

"Well if she wants it rough, she'll get it rough. You know how I treat the ladies." The man spoke, making me want to gag. Ella ignored him and focused on me.

"Jen, this is Greg. When you two are done, I'll be at the car." Ella went to walk away, but I stopped her, making sure n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter