Chapter Twenty

Night Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty. Final Chapter.

Mark had a matter of moments to decide what he wanted to do, if he didn't move now, she would die. But was it what she wanted? Was this fate the kind of fate she wanted? Did she want to live forever? Did she want to be with him forever? No one could make that decision but her. Yet... The vampire was in love with her, more in love than anyone could imagine. So, he decided to be selfish. The second she was pushed against the wall, Mark sensed the trouble. He was already halfway there. He had made it to the door the second her neck was snapped. She was breathing, but it was slight. Her heartbeat was slowing and she had a matter of two minutes before there was nothing he could do. In a moment of rage he attacked the larger vampire, connecting his fangs with the vampire's neck before ripping the head off of the body and throwing it the side. Junior watched in amazement, before cleaning up the mess that Mark had made. The other vampires appeared in the small trailer. Bam Bam came directly over to Mark, followed by Jackson. 

"She doesn't have long, Mark." Jackson told his old friend slowly. Unsure of what his friend would do. 

"I know that." Mark snapped. It wasn't anything personal. Bam Bam had never seen Mark lose his cool so quickly. "Get everyone out of here." Mark said deathly quiet. "Now." His tone could have killed everyone within a 100 mile radius. "Jackson, stay at the door." In less than a second everyone was following Mark's harsh orders. They knew the choice he had to make, and time was already running out. 

Just as the door closed, Mark bit his wrist before forcing it to girl's mouth. Vampire blood would keep her alive, but what Mark had wouldn't be enough to keep her human. It would merely give her a few more minutes to just wake up. Vampire blood was meant to heal, but not to save a life, and Mark knew that all too well. 

"Wake up. Come on." Mark repeated those words over and over before he noticed her heart beat slightly pick up, "There you go. Please." 

The girl laying beneath him could hear the desperation in his voice. She could hear the sadness. She could hear the love. She used all the energy she had to open her eyes, and meet the tearful ones of the vampire she had grown so close to, the vampire that she had fallen in love with. 

Mark quickly removed his wrist from the girl's mouth. 

"Thank god." He was fully crying now. There was no more desperation of trying to get her to take one last breath. Regardless of the girl being on her deathbed, she still comforted Mark. Realizing this, Mark did his best to compose himself. "Jen," He said, not wanting to say the next four words, "You're going to die." He saw no fear enter the girl's eyes. He saw no look of sadness. He just saw contentment. 

"If I were to die, I'd rather to it here, in the arms of the man I love." She told him weakly. "I love you Mark Tuan. More than you could imagine. I just wish..." The girl's voice trail

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter