Chapter Fifteen

Night Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Fifteen

"What happened to we shouldn't be doing this?" I was cautious with my words, but there was a part of me that couldn't help but find the irony in the fact that he had come back to me.

"Your parents are asleep. You should be quiet." He didn't answer my question. His lips connected with mine as his hands trailed over my body. My fingers tangled themselves in his arm, and before long the clothes started to come off.

"Mark-" I let out of breath of pleasure, as I felt his cold teeth make contact with my neck. 

"What? Want me to stop?" He taunted, pulling away and looking into my eyes, "Or should I bite you somewhere else..." Mark had so many sides to him that I couldn't keep up. Hell, right now I couldn't even form words. The amount of control he had over me from the pleasure that he could cause was unbelievable. I watched as he chucked and bit into his wrist, he brought it to my mouth and I did anything but argue. The look in his eyes was wild as he watched me consume his blood. I could feel how powerful he felt. I could feel how important he felt. 

I barely noticed when his teeth pierced into my inner thigh, there was no pain, no pinch, no discomfort. His blood entered my mouth from his wrist as my blood entered his mouth from my thigh. There was no worry that he was going to kill me. There was no concern about anything. There were only three things in that room; Mark, myself, and a whole lot of pleasure. 

We continued like that every night. At this point it was a normal routine. I felt like I needed it. It made me happy, and I felt better physically as well as mentally. 

Mark and I had a newly found connection. I suddenly understood why he made the choices that he did. I understood how his relationship with that woman ruled his life, because if it was anything like this, I would have done the same. 

I had never expected Mark to be like this. I suppose it could have been because I never really saw him as a vampire, but it was still new to me. Mark never seemed like the kind of vampire who indulged in , or even blood for that matter. He always seemed to be so easy going, and I had times where I almost forgot what he was. I never pictured myself being in the situation I was in with him. I never pictured myself in this situation with anyone. To be completely honest, I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't know why. But I didn't want to stop.

I sighed, pushing my hair back and glancing at the bright red numbers that were lighting up my entire bedroom. 1:42AM. I groaned turning on the lamp beside my bed and sat up in bed. Yanking open one of the draws in the nightstand I pulled out the book, flipping it open. 

"Vampire-Human relations." I rolled my eyes and closed it again, starting over.

"Effects of Vampire Blood on Humans." Sighing, I tried once again.

"Vampire-Human bonds." Is that what Mark and I had? Was that what we were creating. 
 

    A vampire-human bond can be present without a blood connection, but that circumstance is extremely rare. The bond is created by a sharing of blood. The effects of the bond can enhance feelings already there, but not create feelings. The bond can cause a human to be slightly more sensitive to sounds, and senses and motor skills have been known to improve depending on the age of the vampire, and whether or not the vampire is a full blood.The bond can be canceled with witchcraft, but requires black blood and a witch crazy enough to do it.


If a bond was what we had? Did I want to cancel it? No? At least I didn't think so? 

Groaning once more I slammed the book closed and tossed it to the side of my bed before I fell forward, burying my face into my quilt. 

My bed even smelled like him. 

Resisting the urge to scream, I patted around the bed for the link to my sanity.

"JB," I spoke into the phone, "Can you... come over?" 

There was concern in his voice when I called him at one in the morning after seeing him less than an hour before. Promising to explain everything when he got here, and making sure he didn't tell any of the other guys, I hung up the phone. JB was at my window within two minutes.

"Are you okay?" I just nodded and patted the bed next to me. He gave me a confused look.

"You know about what Mark and I have been doing, right?" 

"We all do. Mark's been more open and playful than normal, and you reek of him to be honest. But you know, it's your guys' lives. So we aren't getting in your way." He shrugged honestly. "Were you feeling guilty not telling us or something? Is that what this is about?" JB smirked, "Jen, you and Mark are grown ups. If you want to have and exchange blood than go for it. We won't stop you. There is no law that says you can't. It's normal. Most vampires Mark's age do that kind of thing. It's a sense of meaning for them." I raised an eyebrow at that.

"Sens

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter