Chapter Eleven

Night Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        "When do you go back to school?" The sun had just gone down and JB had called me immediately. It was a routine in which we kept each other informed. 

        "Tuesday of next week. So like four days." It was now Saturday and school would be starting up again very soon.

    "How do you feel about talking with some newborns tonight, then? Yugyeom has spent some time with them, but lately they've been seeming to cause a little bit of a riot, turning their friends and just being little vunks, vampire punks." I rolled my eyes at his 'joke' before going back to the conversation.

    "Am I going in alone?" Vampires were dangerous. That was something I hadn't allowed myself to forget. 

    "BamBam and Yugyeom are going with you. You will be perfectly safe and sound. And if something happens and you aren't safe and sound I give you full permission to open the windows in the house during the day." This time I laughed allowed at the thought of how terrible that would actually be. The windows in their house were tinted so sunlight could not get in unless the windows were physically opened. Sunlight was not something that would kill full blood vampires right away, but even a little exposure would be enough to make them sick. Sun doesn't set a vampire on fire. They don't burn. Although, vampires who have died because of sunlight probably rather would have burned; not to mention that it looks pretty cool when a vampire goes up in flames, but that is not the reality. 

    The sun's rays give off Ultra Violet light, along with vitamins and a mixture of other things. In humans, our skin absorbs these things and even sometimes to the extent where we get a sunburn or even sun . To a full blood vampire the effects of  the absorption of the suns rays aren't as simple as a tan or sunburn. It gets much worse then that. The effect isn't immediate. The suns rays act almost like a poison, when the rays are absorbed this 'poison' causes the vampires body to slowly deteriorate. The vampire gets physically sick, vomiting, writhing in pain, and just screaming for someone to make it stop. The average full blood vampire can last up to an hour in direct sunlight. If they get out within that hour, with the help of a large supply of human blood, lots of rest, and time, they can recover .Half bloods don't have this problem because of the human pigments in their physical makeup. Full bloods don't have that and so they suffer. It's almost like immediate sunstroke, which is never a good time. 

    "I wouldn't even dream of doing that. If I wanted to torture you I would find another way to do it." I had heard plenty of horror stories that covered this issue. The book covered it in detail, even including some pictures. And even Mark told me his own experience. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

    "Tell your parents that you're spending the weekend with Mark." I agreed before I hung up. Grabbing a backpack I packed things like my laptop and chargers.

    My parents. They were a completely different issue. I kept the fact that I was now a property owner from my parents. I figured it was for the best, them not knowing that small detail wouldn't hurt anyone. It would actually be more beneficial if they didn't know. I kept a lot of things from my parents. It was never like that before. I hated lying to them. I had hated lying to them since the first lie I told, but how was I supposed to tell the truth when it came to something like this? Would I just be like, "Oh yeah, the guy you think is my boyfriend but really isn't my boyfriend is a vampire and all of his friends are vampires too. Oh and I work for them and was bitten by a vampire. But yeah, the weather has been nice lately." It wasn't as simple as that, and every dinner with my boyfriend, every time I said I was going to be somewhere and actually was going to be doing something much more dangerous than studying. If they knew the truth they would have bigger worries than me having safe and not getting pregnant, they would have to worry about me dying. I wasn't going to put them through that, and all it did was make things even more complicated for me. 

    "Jen! Your friends are here." My mother yelled before I could fret any longer. 

    Here we go again.

~O~
 

    "So who exactly are these guys?" I questioned as we drove. BamBam said it would be a forty minute drive so we had some time to get together and plan what exactly we were going to do. 

    "They're some no names. They're kids. Turned in the last five years. They're looking to have a good time, unfortunately, they don't exactly know that as a vampire you can have a good time doing things besides murdering." 

    "Wait, so are they just going around killing people?" I asked, Yugyeom nodded, 

    "Half of the time they don't even bite them. They discovered their new strength and snapping the people's necks gives them some kind of thrill." 

    "Killing is a thrill. That's nice." Sarcasm leaked through my tone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter