Chapter Six

Night Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Six

    The conversation with JB pretty much ended after I agreed to help them out. There wasn't much more to be said, and I don't know if I was even prepared to hear any more. 

    "Come on, I'll show you around." Mark said quietly, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the chair before I could object. "This is the kitchen and living room. There are two bathrooms downstairs. One over here," he gestured to a door by the stairs, "and one in the corner by the TV." Mark wasted no time in going up the stairs, "we share rooms around here. Junior has his own room though, we also have some spare bedrooms for when people stay here." He pointed go random doors, "If you want your own room here we can do that too. It's pretty big around here. I share this room with Jackson, Bammie and Yugyeom share a room, and then JB and Youngjae have a room that they share. There is a bathroom through Junior's room and one at the end of the hallway." He told me. 

    "Mark, what did J-" I began to ask the question that had been bugging me since I heard about it. He placed his hand over my mouth in an instant, stopping me mid question. 

    "Not now. Anything but that question." He gave me a small smile before pointing out random things around the house. "We've added on to the place since we found it. It used to be a dump. But it's worked out pretty well for us if you can't tell. It's a little big but you'll figure your way around just fine." Mark assured me as we went back downstairs, "I can bring you home now if you want." Before I could say alright, Jackson was in front of us, 
    
    "Don't be a buzzkill Mark. Jen wants to spend some time with us, get to know us and all?" 

    "I mean, sure, I guess?" I agreed, still unsure.

    "Great!" Jackson pulled me over to the couch area where everyone else was gathered, 

    "You should tell us about yourself, Jen." Yugyeom offered nicely as I say down on the floor in front of the couch with Bam Bam. 

    "What do you want to know?" I asked them. 

    "Siblings? Favorite colors? Do you have pets? Things you like to do? Favorite food?" Youngjae offered. 

    "Uh I don't have any siblings, I like the color white, orange is cool too, I don't have have any pets, I had a fish but it died within three days, I like exercise and stuff like that. And I'll pretty much eat anything. I'm not a huge fan of sea food though." I explained to the boys. They made little comments as I said each thing. 

    "What's your family like?" JB asked. 

    "My parents got married even though their parents didn't exactly like the idea of it. They moved here from Korea years ago and built a house then had me. It wasn't easy for them. They can get overbearing sometimes. But I appreciate them for everything they've done for me. I mean they started an entirely new life just so I could have more opportunities. So that's cool. My mom loves to cook. My dad likes cars a lot. They're average parents." I shrugged. 

    "Wait so you're Korean?" Junior asked. 

    "My family is from Busan." I told him, "my name is Park Soo-Jin, but people call me Jen since it's easier. I speak Korean as well." 

    More small talk was made before Bam Bam collapsed into my lap, "I'm bored!" He whined loudly, "Can we do something? Can we play FIFA, you know how to play FIFA right Jen?" I nodded and the boys all moved to set up the game. 

    "You want any snacks or something?" Youngjae asked me as he stood up, when I shook my head he sighed, "I'll bring you a box of cereal. Every college student loves cereal right from the box." He was gone before I could object. The whole speed thing would get a little annoying. I watched the chaos unfold until I felt someone bring me up onto the couch. I looked up and saw Mark next to me. 

    "You sure you're okay with sticking around?" He seemed really concerned. "When do you have class?" 

    "You're such a bipolar vampire." I sighed, Jackson leaned over and held his hand up yelling about how I need to hi five him. I agreed before turning back to the now frowning Mark. "I have class at 8. As long as I'm home by 3, I'll be fine." I glanced at my phone and saw that it was going on two, "I can stick around for a few games and then we can leave." He grunted and agreed. 

    Youngjae moved to sit next to me and handed me an unopened box of Lucky Charms. "We keep food around here because we do get humans every now and again. Plus grocery shopping is fun with friends." He tossed a metal water bottle at Mark. I really don't think I wanted to know what was in there. 

    "Thanks." I told Youngjae. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter