Chapter Three

Night Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three

    Mark struggled to keep a straight face as he realized the joke he made about dying. 

    "Don't call me Darlin'." I glared, ignoring his 'joke', I wasn't ever going to be willing to admit that he was right. I wasn't a vampire kind of girl. I read Twilight and I've seen my fair share of vampire movies. But the fact that they were all just fake stories that follow the same plots made me uninterested. The idea that the world was more than just human was interesting. I'd be crazy if I didn't want to know more. 

    "Your life isn't going to change. You won't become a vampire. You'll help us out, and you'll know the existence of us. You'll learn about our history and the world. And of course you'll be sworn to secrecy about all of it.You'll probably see a lot of us, we'll have to keep tabs on you. To make sure you're not doing things you're not supposed to. But things won't change too drastically." He told me, with a softer tone this time.

    "All has to be a secret? I can't tell anyone about it? My parents can't know why I'll be acting different. What happens if I'm helping you guys out and they get hurt?  I'll be watching my back all the time. Vampires aren't the nicest of people, do I know if I can even trust you guys. And all of this is just thrown onto me like it's nothing. I'm a human. I don't have magically powers. I don't have fangs and blood. I don't change into any kind of being or anything on a full moon. I'm just human. Alive, with human blood running through my veins. Nothing special, and now I'm just dragged into this? You honestly can't expect me to go along with this." I told the vampire standing in front of me. 
 
   "There are seven of us who are in charge of you. Of course, like you read in the book, fullblood vampires can't be in direct sunlight because they, like the legends say, will burn to a crisp, and even indirect sunlight will make them sick, almost like when a human gets heat exhuastion or sun . Half bloods can be in the sun as much as they want. Bam Bam, Ella, Jackson and my friend Junior, who you haven't met yet are half bloods." I racked my mind to try to figure out what the book had said about half bloods and full bloods. "Half bloods were turned by vampire venom alone, usually turned by accident. Full bloods go through a blood exchange." Mark clarifies, "You looked a little lost." He shrugged.

    "Ella is a vampire?" I had known Ella for the last few years, and the thought of her being a vampire never crossed my mind. Why would it? I never saw her blood. She went as a vampire at a college halloween party this year, but I wouldn't assume she was an actual vampire.

     "A lot of people are vampires. People aren't thinking about vampires, so they don't notice the differences. Now that you're in on it, you'll find that a lot more people are vampires than you would think." I just nodded at his words, knowing he was probably right. What he was saying made enough sense. 

      "As far as talking to people, you're already friends with El, so you always have her. Bam Bam seemed to like you, so you have him. And you have me, Jackson, and our friends who you'll meet later. I wouldn't tell your parents if you don't want them sending you to an insane asylum. As for having to watch your back, we have a few things to do about that. The book is your best friend now. It will have everything that you need to know. And if you want to be able to protect yourself against things. You'll have at least one of us around you, or watching you, and if it's really a huge concern for you, we are allowed to give you vampire blood. It will enhance your senses, reaction time, and possibly your strength. It'll make you feel funny, but you'll get used to it." He explained. "And as for being a normal human... I think you'll just find to live in a new kind of normal."

    "Won't vampire blood change me? You just said you wouldn't change me." I said, that was the only thing I really picked up from the conversation. 

    "Venom comes from the fangs not the blood. At the right amount, it could change you, sure. But there are laws that stop that from happening." 

    "I still don't get how I'm just supposed to accept this." I stated bluntly.

    "Give it a chance. That's all you have to do. If it's not for you, then we'll figure something out, but the book showed itself to you for a reason." 

     I stayed silent, knowing that nothing I could say would change anything.

    "Now are you ready to leave?" He asked, the softness that was in his tone had left.

    "For where?" I asked. 

    "You're going to have questions. So I'm going to answer them. But you have to be home for dinner, and introduce your new boyfriend." He said which caused me to raise my eyebrows. 

    "My new what?" His sarcasm was back.

    "We're going to be together a lot. Your parents will ask question, you'll have to start lying to them. So might as well start the lying like this, that way you won't have to sneak out, as much." He told me, like he was phased by none of this. 

    "And my parents will just go along with this?" 

    "You're an only child. You're in college, but still live at home. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter