Chapter Sixteen

Night Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OKAY HOLY CRAP. I JUST NOTICED THAT CHAPTER 13 WAS POSTED AS A DRAFT AND YOU GUYS MAY NOT HAVE READ IT IM SCREAMING. SO IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK AND READ THAT IT MIGHT HELP. IDK. OMG. okay now to the update.

 

Chapter Sixteen

"N-not now." I stuttered. I don't know why I was so on edge. 

"We have to do it sometime, Jen."

"And now isn't the time." I swallowed even though my mouth was dry. "Just-" I started before stopping myself, "Can we just talk like we used to. Without talking about, you know." Mark met eyes with me and began searching for something. Within a few seconds he held his arms open.

"Get over here, weirdo." He laughed as I moved over to sit in between his legs and his arms wrapped around me. "Nothing changed. Us doing this doesn't mean things have to change." 

"But what are we doing?" 

"I don't know." Mark said lightly. "I don't know what is happening. I know you can feel my confusion on top of your own. That's what the bond does." 

The bond was mentioned again. 

"You've had a bond before. The book mentioned it a little, but that book tends to be a little vague. What's it do? What's it mean?" I asked turning around to be facing him. He frowned and was quiet for a moment before speaking,

"Normally, vampires feed off of humans, Humans don't feed off of vampires. There's a reason for that." He told me. "The effects the blood has on the person can be addictive, but the blood itself isn't. The feeling causes the illegal selling and purchasing of vampire blood through underground markets. They get the blood from vampires, and sell it. It's illegal of course. But those people exist." When I didn't say anything he continued, "Normally, it happens like this. The vampire and human have a relationship in which the vampire feeds off of the human and in exchange the vampire gives the human their blood to heal them and keep them on their feet. This is where the human is more of an asset. Almost like a never ending blood supply. With us, that's not the case. If you want my blood it's yours. You can take it directly from my veins. I don't just give it to you to heal you. We drink from each other at the same time. It is an entirely different experience. You're more in control because of it. It's different from an exchange in that way. It enhances feelings. It doesn't create new ones." He informed me. The book had said the same thing. Were there any feelings?

"But why did you do a bond?" I questioned.

"Bonds aren't possible for everyone." He stated. I was about to ask what that meant when he spoke again. "You told me to show you what I had with her. This is what I had. Everything that is going through your mind is what went through mine. Every feeling, every doubt, I've been there." He shrugged.

"So you wanted to teach me a lesson?" The idea of us getting as intimate as we did just so he could teach me what it was like for him made me feel disgusting. I felt used, and generally just disgusting.

"No, Jen, . I don't know why I did what I did. It was in the moment. You were asking me to do it and something came over me and I decided that I couldn't not do it. And I don't want to stop. I don't think I could stop." My breath gets caught in my throat. I was beginning to question if this was all worth it.

"It's still a risk though." I said. 

"How? You won't lose anything by letting this happen. You'll discover more of yourself. We can do everything on your terms." He promised. "Besides. You've been in this world for a while now. Aren't you used to risks." He questioned me before he brought his wrist up to his mouth and bit into it.  "The choice is yours Jen. You always have a choice. Always." His wrist was held out for me, and I knew it would start healing soon.

I took a deep breath before going for it. I still didn't understand why I was doing this. My life had been changed just because I picked up a book. I knew things that I wasn't supposed to know as a normal human being, and now I knew these things, my risk of getting killed was even higher, and I wasn't ready to die yet. I was having a messed up relationship with a vampire. I was lying to everyone who mattered in my life. School has become one of my last priorities. But the second his blood touched my tongue, I didn't care.

The blood was an entirely different than a person would think You would expect that it would be metallic. Like when you have a cut and you on it to get the bleeding to slow down. But no, the texture was almost like hot chocolate. The taste, was sweet, it was something that you feel like you could drink for eternity. And the feeling, that was amazing. The blood almost instantly had an effect. I didn't feel weak after even a little of it. Everything seemed enhanced. 

Mark allowed me to indulge for a few more moments before pulling his arm away. 

"We should get you home." He said with a genuine smile. 

I nodded and avoided making eye contact with him, suddenly feeling awkward about the whole thing. It was the first time I had drank his blood without him drinking mine.

"It's normal." 

"What's normal?" I asked, suddenly confused. 

"Feeling awkward about it. I mean, you did just drink my blood." He said with a shrug, gathering all my stuff around the cabin. "I want you to understand that there is more to this than just blood. I'm not using you for your blood. And I want you to know that." 

"Why do I feel like I'm making a deal with the devil?" I questioned as we made our way out of the house. He just laughed before lifting me into his arms and speeding off toward our town.

There was still one question on my mind though. 

What were Mark and I?
 

~O~


"You know, you guys actually took decent notes." I complimented, impressed at the notes that Junior and Jackson took from the lectures

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter