Chapter Seven

Night Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seven

I ended up having Jackson or Junior in all of my classes throughout the day, although they didn't get as much attention as I would have thought. Having new kids show up in college is nothing like high school. When it comes to college everyone is a new kid. It was as if they had been attending here all along.

"You have a free block now right? Let's have that talk." Ella came up from behind me. "Sorry boys, she's coming with me." I briefly heard Jackson begin to object but Junior told him not to worry about it and they walked off.

"What about your class?" I asked her when we were alone.

The girl gave me a smile, "It's not a big deal. This talk is more important than a lecture." She assured me before she began walking, "Come on, we need to find some place secluded... Never know who's listening." Ella laughed dryly. I just agreed with her and followed her to the unused section of the university. It had been shut down years ago due to fact that it was deemed unsafe. The doors were chained and no one could get in without causing some kind of scene. Ella, however, opened the doors and no one even saw us enter.

"How did you-" I started to ask.

"I got keys from the janitor. No one will bother us in here." She cut me off. "So what'd you say? Are you working for them now?" This girl wasted no time.

"Yeah. I'm going to help them out. I mean, how could I not." At that moment my phone buzzed with a text. I glanced down to the phone in my hand to see an unknown number. I unlocked it to read the whole message.

From: Unknown
Be careful what you tell her. -Mark.

I made a mental note of the text, locking my phone immediately and turning my attention back to Ella who didn't look like she saw the message.

"So what's with you? You're a vampire? I mean how is that even possible? We went to elementary school together. I watched you grow up, and vampires don't grow up." I changed the subject to be about her.

"All vampires were human once, Jen." Her tone was sadder than I had ever heard it. "The Thanksgiving Break, senior year. I met a guy and went out with him. He was cute. He just wanted my blood. Junior and Yugyeom were actually looking for that guy and shows up before he me dry." She laughed dryly, " As it turns out I wasn't the first girl he had done that to. I'm lucky I'm still here. But anyway. They brought me to their place and took care of me for a while. Being a new vampire isn't easy an-"

This time I cut her off, "Wait is that why you didn't come back until half way through January? We thought you were staying with a sick aunt. What about your parents?" Questions fell out of my mouth before I even knew what I was asking.

"Yeah. There was a lot of mind control. Still is. But anyway. Being a vampire isn't easy. I caused a lot of problems for those guys. I went on more than one killing spree... It's why Mark and Jackson are so cold toward me. They always had to clean up my messes."

The way the words 'killing spree' let so easily made me uneasy. It shouldn't have. Vampires kill to survive. That's just how it was, and I would have to get used to it. Even if I highly doubted the possibility that I would.

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you. But you know now. I know we haven't always been close, but it's cool to have someone I've known my whole life know about this. I mean, it hasn't even been a year since I turned. And the experience wasn't exactly the best. I guess it just makes me feel better knowing that I don't have to let go of my human life entirely." I suddenly felt bad for Ella. She would watch everyone she loved die and live eternally. She didn't have a say over a lot of things anymore. She wouldn't be able to grown up and get married and have kids. She would be stuck like this forever. She didn't have a choice. It just happened to her. It happened to so many more people than just her... I wrapped my arms around the girl I had known my entire life.

"I'm sorry." I told her sincerely, hugging her tightly. "But it'll get better for you right? Being a vampire can't all the time! I think you'll figure it out." I pulled away from the hug, and Ella had a huge smile on her face. "And if you do feel alone or you wanna do something to feel like your old self again, I'll be here for you. We can have sleep overs or something. It'll be great!"

"You know, when I heard about that magic book thing, I had serious doubts. But I think that you could help things around here." Before I could ask her what she meant by that she was already planning for us to have a sleep over sometime over Winter Break.

We stayed in the abandoned section of the school for hours. We were just talking. It was nice to feel normal after my entire world being turned upside down. I had missed two of my classes, but I had friends would would always catch me up on what I missed. Jackson had come and found us and told me that Bam Bam was waiting for us. Ella and I said our farewells before going our separate ways.

"So it's true that girls can talk for hours on end. If I didn't find you, who knows when we would have ended up leaving." Jackson commented.

"Oh shut up. You didn't stop talking all day. Even during the lecture." I laughed, it was true. Jackson was probably the most talkative person I knew, and I had only known him for a day.

"Yeah but at least my voice isn't annoying." I smacked his arm with the back of my hand as we reached the car where Bam Bam was waiting.

"Jen you can sit up front!" He informed me with a smile.

"You're making me put up with Jackson?" I groaned.

"I'm not that bad! Come on! Seriously! I thought we were getting closer and you do this!" Jackson whined. I just laughed before getting into the passenger seat.

"Oh by the way? Is this Mark's number?" I showed the number on my phone's screen to Jackson before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter