beautiful

You're Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your thick scent that waited for me,

Deeply rings in me.

 

It was raining when we stood before his burial. There wasn't much of a crowd. It was just his family, me, Baekhyun, Kayoung and Jongin.

I looked at his younger siblings tears-swollen face and Auntie Rosa's aura was just full of pain as she lost her eldest son.

 

I slowly approached her and she looked at me with a blank expression. "Ahjumma," I said. "I'm so sor---"

 

The moment her hand met my face, I felt pain. But it was still nothing compared to the pain of losing Sehun.

 

"This is your fault," She said icily. "Byun Miju."

 

* * * * * * * 

 

"Noona!" I felt someone shaking me. "Noona, wake up!"

 

I bolted up, feeling sweat droplets on my forehead. I fell asleep on the waiting area, having a nightmare and Junhong was shaking me. I look at my surroundings to see that we were still in the hallway, waiting for the doctor to have news about Sehun.

 

Junhong sat beside me. "Twinkle, twinkle little star," He began to sing. "How I wonder what you are. Up above the world so bright, like a diamond in the sky.." He kept on singing.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked him. Junhong smiled.

"Sehun Hyung does it when we have nightmares," He grinned. "He always takes care of us till we sleep, so I hope he wakes up."

"He will, Junhong," I gave him a reassuring smile. "He has to."

 

* * * * * * * 

 

"You need to go home, Miju," Eomma said on the phone. "You need some rest."

I shook my head, though Eomma couldn't see it. "I want to be here, Eomma," I said. "I want to be here when he wakes up."

"Okay, fine," Eomma sighed. "I'll let you stay, but you need to be home by Sunday night. Your appa and I will call in the morning and before bedtime."

"That's good enough," I said. "Thank you, Eomma."

"I'll send Baekhyun to bring over some clothes and food for you," She said. I thanked her again then hung up.

 

I went to join Sehun's family outside of his room, waiting for the Doctor. I felt ashamed facing them. I was the reason why Sehun's in the hospital. It's all my fault.

 

"Miju-ah," Auntie Rosa touched my arm. "Are you alright?"

I nodded. "Yes, Auntie Rosa," I told her. "I just hope he's okay."

 

The atmosphere was generally quiet, but I could hear the muffled cries of Sehun's younger foster siblings. Jungho was crying at the side and he was being comforted by Minseok, another one of Sehun's brothers. It hurt me so much. If something happens to Sehun, I'd never forgive myself.

 

"Auntie," I looked at Auntie Rosa who gave me a small smile.

"Yes, Miju?" She asked. I started crying and her eyes widened.

"I'm sorry," I sobbed. "Sehun's here because of me. He was trying to protect me from this guy named Tao and he got beaten up---"

 

Auntie Rosa suddenly hugged me. It was the exact opposite of what I expected. I was already anticipating that she would slap me in the face for bringing in Sehun to my problems but she was hugging me.

 

"It's okay, child," She smiled at me. "Sehun is the kindest and most loving man I know. I feel pride in raising him. He used love so well. He was protecting you and he was happy, so no need to be sorry. He'd do that for anyone, most especially to the ones he love."

 

I just sat on the floor as Auntie Rosa comforted me. She wrapped me in a motherly hug till I managed to calm myself down. I smiled and pulled away from her, feeling really grateful. Now I can see where Sehun got love and kindness from. He was raised well.

The Doctor suddenly came out and we all stood up, waiting for his statement. He removed his mask and smiled.

 

"He's awake," He said. The moment those words came out of his mouth, it felt like the world was lifted off my shoulders and the tears of worriedness were immediately replaced with joy.

"Auntie," I smiled. "You and his siblings should go ahead and see him first."

Auntie Rosa shook her head and grabbed my arm. "No," She said. "We should see him altogether. That's what Sehun would want, waking up to see the people he loves the most."

 

* * * * * * *

 

"Eomma," Sehun whined as Auntie Rosa placed kisses on his forehead. "Stop that. I'm alive and well, aren't I?"

"Aigoo, this boy!" Auntie Rosa playfully pinched Sehun's ear which caused him to whine again. "Just let me be happy that my son is okay!"

"Oppa," Yeri sat on the edge of the bed. "Why'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter