bonus - first sight

You're Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yes, you read it right. This is a surprise (kinda) update.

We get to see more of Sehun's background and his first encounter with Miju.

Also, I want to make an announcement that my updates won't be as frequent as it used to be since school started.

Fear not, I will still find time to update My Special Someone and Retaliated Love (the long stories. lol)

Things to point out here:

1. This event happened before You're Beautiful. It was the one Sehun was talking about during his and Miju's wedding.

2. I'm aware that Minseok is older than Sehun, but this is a fanfic for a reason.

3. The personalities of the idols in the story aren't their actual. It's made-up.

 

 

"You're beautiful."

 

"Good morning, Sehun-ah," Eomma smiled as I entered in the kitchen, clad in my second-hand school uniform.

"Good morning, Eomma," I let out a small smile as I greeted her. "What can I do to help?" I was eyeing the frying pan she was holding, which was sizzling crisps of bacon.

Eomma shook her head. "I'm alright," She said. "Just set up the table and wake your siblings up."

 

I nodded at Eomma and went to our small dining room. I set up 9 plates, including Eomma's and mine, then headed up the stairs to gather up my siblings.

I went to the first room which was shared by me and my younger brotherd, Minseok and Junhong. Minseok was done preparing for school and he was already fixing up his uniform so I told them that breakfast was being prepared. I went to the next room which was for my sisters, Minji, Eunjung, Songyi and Yeri. 

 

"Oppa," Minji held out her homework. "Can you help me with this problem? I don't get it."

I nodded and patted her head. "Later, Minji," I told her. "Eat first then I'll teach you."

 

The girls nodded and left the room, leaving Yeri, who was still asleep. I chuckled to myself, approaching her then slowly nudging the sleeping three year old awake.

 

"Yeri-ah," I cooed. "Get up now. Eomma made breakfast."

 

Yeri whined and buried her face into a pillow. I smiled and nudged her again. This time, she gave in, raising her hands up. I chuckled and carried her up.

 

"We better get you ready," I smiled at her. "I still have to take you to daycare."

 

I helped Yeri brush her teeth and wash her face, then I helped her put on a tiny hand-me-down dress Minji wore when she was Yeri's age. When she was all set, I carried her and we went down the stairs.

 

"Time to eat," Eomma said as we all sat on the table. "Thank you for the food."

 

We ate breakfast, my family conversing about the first day of school while my mind was elsewhere. I wanted to leave. I hated school, it was a place filled with educators forcing you to learn how society wanted you to live and judgmental students who think they know you.

 

"Okay, we're finished," Eomma smiled. "Time to go to school. Come on now!"

 

Seeing as there were 7 of us, Minseok brought the other half of our siblings with him to drop to school and I brought the younger ones, Junhong, Songyi and Yeri. I was taking the three of them to day care.

 

"Hyung," Junhong tugged the sleeve of my uniform. "It's the first day of school. Are you ready?"

 

I didn't want to kill this boy's innocence. I had to be upbeat so he'd grow up in a positive light. I know I couldn't shield him, or any of my family, from how cruel the world is, but I want Junhong to learn it himself when he's older and wiser. That's the time where he could easily see how life isn't as easy as it seems for people.

 

"Y-Yes, dongsaeng," I lied to Junhong. "I'm ready."

 

 

I took my time in coming to school, and it's because I didn't want to. I'd rather just drop out and start working to help Eomma with our house, but she insists on letting me go to school anyway. It must be tough, raising 8 foster kids and trying to keep financially stable. I don't even know how she does it, but I'm grateful for her.

I stood in front of the school gates and sighed. I wasn't ready. I'd pretty much prefer working during the summer than this. At least I dealt with strangers, or customers, during my time in the convenience store. In here, I had to deal with school and the cruel hierarchy of kingka's and queenka's.

 

"Yah, dongsaeng, how could you push me!" I snapped out of my thoughts when I overheard a conversation nearby.

"I didn't push you, oppa," I heard a soft voice answer. "I just nudged you a little and the wind did the rest of the work."

"Don't sass me, woman!" I turned to see that it was Byun Baekhyun, a guy in my year. "Remember, I'm still your older brother."

The girl beside him sighed. "You're older than me by a year," She remarked. "Eomma even says you have the tendencies to act way more childish than me."

 

Their argument went on as they walked past me and into the school building. I've never seen the girl with Baekhyun before so I assume that she was a freshman. Her hair was tied into a ponytail, bangs falling down her forehead. She was wearing a crisp, brand new uniform and a bear backpack. The look seemed childish but it made her look nice, in a way.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter