beautiful woman

You're Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm so lucky to have met you."

 

 

My head was aching since the morning so I took some painkillers, but they weren't helping either. There wasn't much happening in the hospital today, so I just sat down on my desk.

 

"Dr. Oh!" The door opened and Shinhye entered the room, clipboard in hand. "It's 11 a.m. and you told me to remind you if it's time to take rounds."

 

As Nurse Shinhye approached me, I started to smell a strong scent of floral fragrance. Nurse Shinhye must've put a lot of perfume, and it was too strong. It was to the point where the smell was disgustingly disturbing.

 

"Dr. Oh," Shinhye moved closer. "Did you hear me? I said it's time to make rou---"

"Yes, Shinhye!" I snapped, irritably. "I heard you the first time. No need to repeat that!"

 

I didn't mean to snap at the poor, innocent nurse. It was just that her perfume was too strong for my liking, and the headache I was having didn't help either. I clenched my sweaty palms.

 

"Let's go," I ordered.

 

I was about to exit the office when Shinhye grabbed onto my arm. I looked at her and she seemed to shrink at my glare, but that didn't stop her.

 

"Dr. Oh," She said. "Are you okay? You're sweating and you're pale."

 

I didn't even realize. All I know is that my head was hurting and Nurse Shinhye sprayed too much perfume on her way to the hospital.

 

"I'm fine, Shinhye," I said as I took the clipboard from her. "Let's just get this over and done with."

 

Shinhye didn't say anything else. She followed me as we went to the patients' rooms to do their check-ups.

Black and white were appearing in my vision, and the headache was getting worse. I had to pull myself together, long enough to finish the rounds.

 

"I'm not sick," I whispered to myself. "I can do this."

 

I walked slowly, letting Shinhye take notes of what I checked on the patients. I've never felt so happy the moment we finished. I started walking back to the lounge.

 

"Oof!" I nearly tripped, if it wasn't for someone who managed to grab my arm and make me stand up.

"Miju," I recognized Sehun's voice and I looked at him. He was in his white coat and a clipboard on his other hand. He seemed to be making rounds too. "You need to be more careful. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Dr. Oh," I told him, trying to maintain professionalism, despite him being my husband. "I just finished making rounds. I need to rest."

"You should," Sehun said, then he nodded at his assistant nurse. "I'll take you to the lounge room. Shinhye, I can take it from here."

"I'm fine, Sehun," I insisted. "Just go back to work. I'll rest, okay?"

 

Sehun seemed hesitant, but gave in and nodded. The moment he let his grip go, my body felt defeated. I gave up to my consciousness, my vision becoming black. All I could hear were the distant calls for my name.

 

* * * * * * *

 

I was alive. I was sure of that.

I felt something soft beneath me, I assume that it's a b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter