lunchbox

You're Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a fluttering heart, without knowing,

I went to you, step by step,

And I stayed by your side.

 

"Where were you yesterday?" Kayoung asked as we made our way to the cafeteria. 

"Um," I chuckled uneasily. "I was at the library... studying. Yes, I was studying at the library!"

"Okay," Kayoung laughed. "You repeated that twice."

 

We entered the cafeteria to join our other friends, Sohyun and Yubi. It was pretty crowded todayand I spotted Sehun, along with his friend, on one of the tables. I smiled.

 

I stood up. "Yah," Kayoung called out. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to get my lunch box from Baekhyun," I told her. "It was his turn to carry it today."

 

I slowly made my way to Baekhyun's table which consisted of him, Junmyeon, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. I nodded at them and looked at my brother, holding out my hand.

 

"Lunchbox," I said. Baekhyun chuckled and handed me my lunchbox. "Thanks."

 

I was about to turn around when I spotted Tao approaching, with his usal possey behind him. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Baekhyun's table.

 

"Why are you still here?" Baekhyun asked. "Isn't Gayoung waiting for you?"

 

I was about to answer him that Tao was approaching but I was a second too late. Tao appeared right beside me with a creepy smile on his face.

 

"Hello Baekhyun and friends," Tao smirked then looked at me. "Hello to you, beautiful."

He started playing with a strand of my hair, so I slapped his hand away. "Leave me alone, Zitao-ssi," I said, clutching my lunchbox and walking to my friends' table.

 

As I sat down, 3 pairs of eyes were looking at me. It was no surprise. It was just Kayoung, Sohyun and Yubi.

 

"What now?" I asked them.

"What happened a while ago?" Kayoung asked. "We saw Tao hitting on you, and you just stormed here."

"He was messing with me," I answered. "Who does he think he is to do that."

 

They just laughed and my down mood lightened up. I'm glad, at least my friends' amusement would make my forget the nuisance known as Hwang Zitao.

 

"Hey," Yubi spoke up. "Is that all that Oh Sehun eats for lunch?"

 

She pointed at Sehun's table and I looked to see that he only had a tray with one bar of granola and orange juice. I frowned. That wasn't enough for him to go through the day.

 

"No wonder why he's so thin," Kayoung said. "He eats way less than Dara does, and that's something."

 

I remembered yesterday when I followed Sehun to his home. The ahjumma gave us biscuits and how the students really went for them. Were they scarce when it came to food?

I shook my head and stood up. Kayoung, Sohyun and Yubi looked at me questioningly.

 

"Byun Miju," Kayoung called out. "Where are you going?"

"Don't mind me," I said. "Just go on and eat."

 

I was aware of the stares I got as I approached Sehun in his table. He, himself, was even staring at the fact that I stood before him.

 

"M-May I sit with you guys?" I asked him. Sehun and Jongin, his friend, looked at me with their mouths agaped.

"P-Please," Sehun said. I sat on the chair across both of them.

 

I opened my lunch box and pushed it towards Sehun. He looked at me confused. I just smiled at him.

 

"An empty stomach isn't good in school, Sehun," I smiled at him. "Please eat. Granola bar and orange juice isn't enough."

Sehun shook his head. "Isn't this your lunch, Miju?" He asked. "I'm sorry I can't accept this. If I eat this, what will you eat?"

"Let's share it then," I said. "In that way, we'll both have something in our stomach."

 

I grabbed the sandwhich from my lunchbox and broke it in half, handing him one. Sehun smiled gratefully as he ate. His friend, Jongin, looked at us in amusement.

 

"So does this mean you accept Sehun's feelings, Miju-ssi?" Jongin asked.

 

I nearly choked on my sandwhich so I downed my bottle of water instead. I looked at Sehun who was focused on his sandwhich then looked at Jongin.

 

"I don't want to lead Sehun on, Jongin-ssi," I told him. "I'm not saying that I don't like him and I'm not saying that I do, but I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter