Stop Laughing (Jihoon x Soonyoung)

Seventeen Drabbles

Requested by kyomeikawaii

Song: Gap by Ken and Hani
Members: Jihoon, Soonyoung, Seventeen
Ship: Jihoon x Soonyoung (Soonhoon)
Genre: Fluff, Comedy, Romance
Word Count: 834
For some reason, Jihoon doesn't seem to appreciate Soonyoung's efforts to put him to sleep.

"Let's fill up the gap between us"
 

It had started off normal. 

There they were, practicing for their next comeback, filling the practice room with their title track and choppy vocals and encouraging shouts from the elder members, and when the last resounding beats finally faded from the echoing recesses of the room, the members fell to the floor, releasing heaving pants into the air, but something was wrong. 

"Jihoon?" Soonyoung's voice rose above the laboured breaths, worried and anxious. "Jihoon?" When there was no reply, his voice grew frantic. "Jihoon? Jihoon! Are you okay? Wake up!" 

All heads turned in his direction, where Soonyoung was bent over Jihoon, shaking the elder's slender frame. The pink-haired male was curled in upon himself, breathing shallowly, his body convulsing with shudders, and everyone surged up, panicked, and rushed towards him, not knowing what to do. Voices clamoured, everyone worried for their teammate, but Seungcheol shushed them. "We're not going to do him any good if we're being this noisy; if anything, it's going to make it worse. We've got to just call the managers and get them to help."

Minghao and Chan, the fastest runners, were sent to get the managers from the office, and a few minutes later, they, the members and one of the medical staff were huddled in a loose circle around Jihoon. "It looks like it's a fever from overworking himself," the staff member anounced, placing her hand gently on Jihoon's burning forehead. "Best thing to do now is get some rest," she said, and, looking around at the members, added, "You all should get some rest, too."

"I'll take him back first," Soonyoung said, scooping Jihoon up with some difficulty.

Soonyoung kicked the door shut, the sound almost deafening in the otherwise silent dorm. Jihoon panted into Soonyoung's ear, the hot breath uncomfortable on the dancer's skin, and Soonyoung hurried to the room Soonyoung shares with the Performance Unit, setting the singer's small frame down gently on the bed and hurrying to the bathroom at the end of the hall for a wet cloth to put on Jihoon's forehead.

When he returns, it's to a semi-conscious Jihoon propped up on his elbows, looking bemusedly around the room, as if unsure where he is. His eyes find Soonyoung as he enters the room, and relief washes over the rising panic to see a familiar face in such an unfamiliar setting. "Where are we?" he croaks, his throat dry, and he coughs once, twice, before repeating, "Where are we?"

"The dorm," Soonyoung replies softly, sitting on the bed and pushing Jihoon down gently. "You collapsed during practice, so I brought you here." Jihoon's eyes widen in understanding and he falls back with a groan, eyelids fluttering slightly as Soonyoung lays the damp cloth on his forehead. 

"Sorry," Jihoon whispers, and Soonyoung nods, though he's not really sure why Jihoon is apologizing.

"You should sleep," Soonyoung suggests, and Jihoon gives a little grunt of agreement, shutting his eyes.

Soon enough, though, Jihoon's eyes are blinking open once more, and he's tugging on the hem of Soonyoung's shirt, a childish look of petulance on his face as he whines, "I can't sleep."

Soonyoung doesn't know what to say to that, and so he settles for, "Um... So what do you want me to do?" Jihoon shrugs, a pout forming on his lips. 

"Lullaby," Jihoon says simply, and Soonyoung gapes. 

"You're saying that you want me to sing you a lullaby?" he asks incredulously. Jihoon nods. "Are you serious?" Jihoon nods again, and Soonyoung sighs, resigned to his fate. "I don't know any lullabies, though..." Jihoon shrugs, taking the chance to let his gaze wander around Soonyoung's room. "Fine," Soonyoung grunts, and begins. "Hush, little baby, don't say a word," he sings, slightly off-key, and at the second line, Soonyoung's voice goes an octave higher, and Jihoon snorts, not knowing whether it was an accident or not. "Mother's gonna buy you a mockingbird," Soonyoung continues, his voice slightly smaller now with embarrassment, and his voice cracks. 

Jihoon can't take it any more; he bursts out laughing, the sound ringing out in the otherwise silent dorm, and Soonyoung buries his head in his hands. "I could have told you this was a bad idea," he mumbles into curling fingers. "Stop laughing."

The singer doesn't stop laughing, curling up on himself and convulsing with the force of his laughter, and Soonyoung bats at Jihoon's thigh weakly. "Stop laughing," he repeats, a whining tone creeping into his voice. Jihoon continues laughing; if anything, he laughs even harder, his laughter becoming almost silent in its hysteria, the only sound his strangled gasping for air. "I'll kiss you if you don't stop," Soonyoung threatens, but Jihoon's too far gone to care. "Don't say I didn't warn you," Soonyoung says, and leans down to close the gap between their lips, and Jihoon finally stops laughing.

"About time, idiot," he grunts, but the effect is ruined by his smile, and this time, it's Soonyoung who starts laughing.


 

 

 

 

hellooooo
Sorry for the wait! 
I hope this satisfied you, I had quite a lot of fun writing it!
here, have some soonhoon

  
  
 

  
Please leave me a comment if you enjoyed!