A Series Of Misunderstandings (Jihoon, Seungcheol, Hansol)

Seventeen Drabbles

Requested by kimminah89

Song: 20 by Seventeen
Members: Jihoon, Seungcheol, Hansol
Ship: Jihoon x Seungcheol (Jicheol), Side!Jihoon x Hansol (Jisol) 
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Word Count: 711
Seungcheol finally works up enough courage to confess.

"I keep noticing you smiling in front of me"

"It's not a situation in which I can just stay still"

It was getting ridiculous. I'd just be sitting in class, and the teacher would say something — it wouldn't even be funny — but he'd laugh, his cheeks lifting and his eyes curling into slits and his smile lighting up the entire room, and I would stare at him and that beautiful smile for ages, until he glanced around to find the source of the stare burning his face, and I'd avert my eyes, face flushed, lest Jihoon notice my obvious infatuation with him.

And then there was the problem with his friend...

Hansol Vernon Chwe — what kind of a name was that, anyway — was Jihoon's best friend. Apparently, they'd been together pretty much ever since they were born, and were as thick as thieves. A bit too thick, if you ask me. One was always hanging off the other, oblivious to anything happening around them, and if a certain classmate of theirs happened to be pining after Jihoon, they would be completely and utterly unsuspecting.

And then, this week, as if just to spite me, they had seemed to get even closer, and every time I worked up enough to even consider confessing my feelings for Jihoon, Hansol would just do something, and Jihoon would laugh hysterically, his already small frame doubling over and shaking his the force of his laughter, and my resolve would crumble into the gutter, and it would stay there until Jihoon smiled at me, and the cycle continued.

Regardless, today was the day. I was going to it up, be a man, grow a pair, muster up my courage and do it. I wouldn't be afraid of possible rejection, and I would confess my undying love for Jihoon. Today was the day. I'd done it the old-fashioned way; a letter in his locker, asking him to meet me in the courtyard at lunch break, because I had something to tell him, and like a high school girl, I was full-blown freaking out about my decision. Nevertheless, at lunch break, as soon as the bell rang, I was panting in the courtyard, waiting with my heart in my mouth for a glimpse of dyed-pink hair.

A flash of pink rounded the corner, and my breath caught in my throat and Oh my god this is really happening and No Choi Seungcheol you are not a high school girl calm the frick down and Okay I got this but then a certain half-American rounded the corner as well, and I collapsed onto my hands and knees. "Why?" I beseeched the heavens, not even caring at this point if I looked like a lunatic. "Why did I fall in love with this kid?"

"Um..." Jihoon's voice said, and I shot to my feet, dusting my clothes off. "You wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah," I said, my face heating up as I glanced between Jihoon and Hansol. "But, um, could I talk to just you?"

"What could you possibly have to say to him that needs me to be absent?" Hansol asked, and I felt like crying.

"Okay then, fine. I understand. I'll just say it to the both of you, shall I?" I said, running my hands through my hair. "Okay. Lee Jihoon. I like you. I've liked you since our first year, and I think you're really cute. Will you go out with me?"

There was absolute silence for a total of three minutes, during which both Hansol and Jihoon looked completely and utterly shocked, and I had to stifle a rising sense of panic and satisfaction at their expressions. When the silence was finally broken, to my utter horror, it was Hansol who spoke for Jihoon. "Yes," he said, and I gaped. "Yes, Jihoon will go out with you. Have you any idea how much I've had to put up with him complaining about how perfect you are?"

"Wait, what?"

"Have fun, you two," Hansol said, and departed, leaving a blushing Jihoon to fidget alone in front of me. 

"Um," he said, and then he smiled, and I was blinded. "Please take care of me."

"I love you," I blurted, and he blinked, then burst into laughter. 

"I love you too," he said, and I could have died happy then and there.


 

 

 

I'm not really happy with how this turned out...
You said you wanted angst but I don't really like writing angst and somehow it turned out being all fluff and no angst so...
Please do request again if you're not happy with how it turned out! (and please forgive me if you didn't like it)
here have the boys

 
 


  


 

 

Please leave me a comment if you enjoyed!