The Letters You'll Never Get (Mingyu x OC)

Seventeen Drabbles

Requested by Shackalacka

Song: Missing You by Teen Top
Member: Mingyu
Ship: Mingyu x OC
Genre: Angst
Word Count: 571
WARNING: Suicidal thoughts.
Mingyu has written letters to Rieun for three years, ever since the day she died.

"There's nothing to vanish, you won't come back anyway"

I’ll sit down to my desk, my legs jittering up and down on the cold floor, just the way you always hated, and I’ll find a quill pen, the feather swaying hypnotically in the air, just the way you always watched it. I’ll dip the nib into the ink, the black liquid swirling around, just the way you’d always watch it, and I’ll put the quill to the parchment, the sharp tip scratching across the paper, just the way you always liked to listen to it. I’ll form words with the ink, sprawling, curling handwriting just the way you always admired, and I’ll let a few memories slip in between the lines of text, just the way you always used to. 

 

And I’ll write my letters to you, but you’ll never get them, just the way you never have; you never will.

 

You’re gone.

26 May, 2015
Seoul, Korea

Dear Rieun,
It's been exactly three years since you passed on. How is it in heaven? It's pretty lively here. We debuted today, thirteen of us, and everyone was really happy. Our debut song is Shining Diamonds, and it was written by Jihoon. I kept looking for you in the audience. I thought you might be there. I miss you a lot. We went and ate samgyupsal after the stage, and I remembered how you always complained about it burning your tongue. Wonwoo got his shoes stuck in the door of the car when he tried to get in, and it made me laugh because I remember that it happened to you once.
I miss you a lot.
These days, the weather has been warm. Is it warm in heaven? I hope it is. You always complained about it being cold in Seoul.
I miss you.
Sometimes I feel like you've only gone overseas, and that one of these days I'll be walking along the streets and see you, pulling a suitcase behind you and smiling at me again. I wish you were only overseas. It'd be much easier for me to send you these letters. You might even reply, sometimes.
I miss you. A lot. Why did you have to leave me?
We always said we wouldn't leave each other alone, right? Why did you leave me? Why did you go somewhere I can't follow you? Why did you go somewhere where I can't call you, or text you, and where I can't even send you letters? 
Sometimes I want to follow you. It would be easy. I could just jump off the roof of the company building, or not come up for air after swimming, or even use the kitchen knives to cut myself, but I don't want the members to feel what I felt three years ago. I still feel it, even today, on the stage. 
Wonwoo asked me why I still write to you, and I didn't have an answer for him then, but I know now.
I still miss you, even after three years. Even though I know you can't reply to me, even though I know I have no address to send my letters to, I'll keep writing them, until my room is filled with boxes of your letters, and I'll keep working hard, and I'll try my best to make Seventeen become so successful that you'll be able to see us even from heaven, so watch over me.
I'll always love you.
Signed,
Kim Mingyu.


 

 

 

A new approach! 
I hope you liked this, and I'm sorry for the depressing note.
Please do request again if you didn't like it!
have some Mingyu

 
 

Please leave me a comment if you enjoyed!