A Day In The Life Of (Jihoon x Chan)

Seventeen Drabbles

Requested by kimminah89

Song: Thank You For Being Born by VIXX
Members: Jihoon, Chan
Ship: Jihoon x Chan (Chanhoon)
Genre: Fluff, Romance
Word Count: 506
Sometimes Chan wonders.

"Thank you for being born on this day"

Sometimes Chan wonders if a single day would have made a difference. 

Would things have turned out differently? What if he'd waited a day to audtion for Pledis, to go to the same agency as his long-time crush? What he'd waited a day to talk to his crush, nervous and stuttering and stumbling over his words? What if he'd waited a day, all those years ago, to confess his love to Jihoon in front of the members, proclaiming his undying love for all to hear? What if he'd waited just a single day? Would things have turned out differently?

Perhaps he wouldn't have debuted with Jihoon. Perhaps he wouldn't have mustered the courage to compliment Jihoon's dancing, and they'd never have talked. Perhaps he wouldn't have been special to Jihoon. Perhaps they wouldn't have dated, perhaps they wouldn't be at this stage after dating for three years.

Or perhaps it wouldn't have made a difference; Chan likes to think that they were fated to be together, that those things wouldn't matter in the hands of Destiny. 

But what if Jihoon had been born a day earlier? A day later? Perhaps he'd be a completely different person, and everything would be completely different.

And so it's for this reason that Chan thanks whatever gods are watching over him, every night before he goes to sleep. He thanks them that he was born, and he thanks them that Jihoon was born, and he thanks them that they were able to meet and talk and fall in love, and every year on Jihoon's birthday, he thanks all the gods that Jihoon was born on that day.

Sometimes Chan wonders if a single day would make a difference, if everything would have been different had he waited a day.

So he won't wait, and he touches the small, box-shaped lump in his jacket pocket before he emerges into the night, greeting Soonyoung and Jisoo and Junghan and Seokmin and Minghao and Junhui as they whisper a small "Hwaiting" to him, passing a very drunk Mingyu and an equally intoxicated Wonwoo, spotting Hansol and Seungkwan and Seungcheol arguing with the bartender over the proper dilution of spirits, but he passes the members relatively quickly, too focused on the only person who really matters tonight.

Chan sinks onto one knee in front of Jihoon, all thoughts in his mind going silent but a resounding Jihoon and the light sparkles off the shining diamond on the ring that Chan picked out, fretting and worrying over whether Jihoon would like it or not, and he says four words softly, confidently, as the party continues, and Jihoon's eyes are shining with tears as he chokes out a "Yes."

Sometimes, Chan wonders if a single day would make a difference, if everything would have been different had he waited a day, but he knows now for sure that the soaring happiness in his heart, from the matching rings on the ring finger of their left hands, could not have waited even a single day.


 

 

 

 

I hope this was written to your liking! 
I'm so happy lol there's fluff fluff fluff everywhere yay!
Wow, Chanhoon is really not a mainstream ship... finding pictures is close to impossible, don't even get me started about gifs
oh well, have the boys

    


that's about it for Chanhoon gifs

  
  

^Chan getting chased by a puppy bc i think it's hilarious

Please leave me a comment if you enjoyed!