It Doesn't Do (Chan x Hansol)

Seventeen Drabbles

Requested by SeventeenCarrot

Song: FM by Crayon Pop
Members: Hansol, Chan, all of Seventeen
Ships: Hansol x Chan (Chansol), Side!Mingyu x Wonwoo (Meanie), Side!Junhui x Minghao (China Line), Side!Soonyoung x Seokmin (Soonseok), Side!Seungcheol x Junghan (Jungcheol)
Genre: Fluff, Comedy, Crack
Word Count: 1237
It's Science class in Pledis-17 and Chan is new.

"Look here, then look again, it's different"

The door rattles open, and the class becomes silent, watching the new transfer student trudge slowly into the class. New country, new school, new people, same old thing, Chan thinks. Just as it always is.

Right?

Wrong.

Let's start again.

__

 

The door clattered open, and Chan was almost blown back by the sheer force of the noise coming from the classroom. He blinked, shocked. This had never happened to him, not in the other schools he'd gone to. His other schools had been relatively quiet, peaceful, and hardly anything unusual happened to him on his first day. This, however...

It seemed to be a chemistry class, or at least, that's what it looked like from the bunsen burners, burning dangerously close to the curtains. There was a boy sitting on the window-sill, perched precariously on the edge, a guitar on his lap as he played, singing in English, and Chan vaguely caught the word chocolate, repeated multiple times, sometimes over and over, but he although he considered his English fairly proficient, he couldn't hear enough of it to be able to tell what he was singing. Another boy seemed to be sitting on the top of a cupboard, combing his long, luscious hair as a slightly older-looking boy muttered what sounded like bad pickup lines to him, the long-haired boy growing more and more exasperated the more he spoke.

His gaze wandered to the back, and he blinked, growing ever more confused. Two tall boys were kissing, rather passionately, the smaller boy on the other's lap, and both hands cupped around the taller boy's face, the taller boy's hands mirroring the smaller's, and they were contributing uncomfortably loud, sensual moans into the noise. Chan's face heated, and, averting his eyes, found his gaze on a pair of Chinese boys. They seemed to be in a less compromising position than the other boys, and so Chan decided to watch them until the teacher noticed him, usually not one to initiate conversation.

The Chinese boys were conversing heatedly, but in Mandarin, which Chan did not understand, and so he decided to simply study their appearances. One had longer hair than the other, his brown locks artfully messy, and the other boy vaguely resembled a puppy, his hair every shade of pastel, but his expression was one of boredom, exasperation and incredulity. At this point, Long-Hair, as Chan had decided to dub him, had decided to switch to Korean. 

"Okay, Minghao, but do you like my shirt?" 

Minghao paused, frowning. "I guess," he said, also in Korean.

"Good, because it's made of boyfriend material."

With that, Minghao stood up, his chair flying back and crashing against the desk at which the two boys were making out. They ignored it. The pastel-haired boy looked around him, zeroed in on a large book and scooped it up before smacking the other boy on the head with it. "I am so done with you right now, Wen Junhui."

Long-Hair — Junhui — opened his mouth to say something, but was drowned out in the boom of an explosion, and Chan's head whipped around to find the source of the blast. 

A tiger-eyed boy stood behind the clearing smoke, a taller boy standing behind him, and the taller boy's smile was almost blinding in contrast with the black fumes. The teacher still hadn't noticed, or even so much as faltered in his off-key rendition of a Lady Gaga song. 

Suddenly, a pink-haired boy charged out of the closet, hefting a large acoustic guitar, yodeling at the top of his lungs, and the teacher finally looked up, only to throw himself out of the way as the guitar was swung, dangerously close to his head. "Jihoon!" he yelped. "What are you doing?"

"Hunting fairy elephants beneath the light of the full moon, obviously," Jihoon retorted, rolling his eyes. "What did you think I was doing? Definitely not waiting for Mr. Boo to stop singing Lady Gaga off-key, how ridiculous would that be?"

"As ridiculous as your face," Mr. Boo snapped, and the room fell silent, and only then did they realise that Chan was still standing awkwardly in the doorway. "Gosh," Mr. Boo said, clutching his heart in feigned shock. "One moment you're teaching a class full of homoual boys blowing up the classroom, making out and hitting on each other, and then suddenly unicorns, Beyoncé, SNSD, the great tornado that swept away Dorothy from Kansas, bippity boppity Boo Seungkwan and there's a new student in class."

Chan's mouth dropped open. What was with this class? 

"Come in, come in, welcome to Pledis High School, I'm the homeroom teacher for Class 17, my name is Boo Seungkwan, the crazy kid who tried to kill me is Jihoon, the strange kid playing guitar in the window is Jisoo, the two Chinese kids flirting in the back "

"WE'RE NOT FLIRTING!" Minghao shouted. 

"are Junhui and the one who just shouted was Minghao, the two horn-dogs currently making out are Wonwoo and Mingyu but I can't tell who's who because they're too busy kissing to care, Rapunzel in male form is Junghan and the guy hitting on him is Seungcheol, the two madmen who just blew up the left corner are Soonyoung and the one with the slightly demented smile is Seokmin, and that leaves us with Hansol," Mr. Boo said, all very quickly, and finished by pointing at an American-looking boy, fast asleep on the table. Chan opened his mouth, so bemused he could hardly form words, and then closed it. "So what's your name?" Mr. Boo asked, and Chan's brain clicked into functionality once more.

"Lee Chan," he said quietly, wondering to himself if this was what the whole school was like.

"Okay, Chan, you go sit with Hansol," the teacher chirped, and pushed Chan bodily to where the American lay, flopped over his desk like a bag of mashed potatoes.

"Um," Chan said. When there came no response from the other boy, he poked Hansol on the arm. "Um," he said again, this time with more conviction. Hansol's eyes snapped open, startling Chan, and the other boy grinned, pulling Chan into the seat beside him. "Um" Chan squeaks. "What?"

Hansol smiles at him, so bright it almost blinds the sun, and Chan distantly feels something warm and moist pressing against his lips before Hansol's back in his field of vision, grinning madly at him. "Wake up," he says, and it's not Hansol's voice, but Mr. Boo's voice, and it's coming from far, far away

 

 

"YOOOO LAAAAAAADIEEEEEEEEES!" Mr. Boo screams, right in Chan's ear, and he shrieks and falls off his chair, coming to consciousness amidst laughter. "Thank you," the teacher sniffs, obviously miffed that Chan had the audacity to not pay attention to the fabulous science teacher, let alone sleep in his lessons. "I would be ever so delighted if people didn't start spontaneously falling asleep in my interesting lessons."

Someone snorts beside Chan, and he looks up. Hansol sits in his own chair, evidently trying to stifle laughter, and soon enough, the whole class is laughing, but amidst the laughter, Chan registers a hand being extended in front of his face. "Come on," Hansol says, and Chan takes the hand, yelping with a burst of laughter as he's tugged back into his seat and kissed, gently. "It doesn't do to keep Diva Boo waiting."


 

 

 

 


what even is this omg
I'm very sorry this (really bad) drabble took so long! It's so long too idk can it even still be called a drabble
So basically, this reason this took as long a time as it did is because I have never done a crack fic.
Ever.
In. My. Life.
And so, like any writer, I decided the best way to go about writing a crack fic was to first get inspiration.
Yay. Great idea, me.
Six days later, twenty-three crack videos and four crack fics later (and a whole lot of crying), this was born. 
Whoopee.
I really hope you enjoyed this!
have some Chansol

 
 

 
 
yeah no problem finding gifs for this ship oops I talk too much
 
 

 
 

no maknae you are not allowed stop being so cute
Please leave me a comment if you enjoyed!