The Day She Was Ready To Go

The Day I Let You Go

His out of the blue proposal should have excited her, but her heart was resisting herself from accepting it. Ji Hyo sense that something wasn't right with the idea of rushing into marriage, as her instinct was telling her that she still has some unfinished business with Woo Bin. Looking at how desperate her fiancé was in getting her to say 'yes', Ji Hyo reluctantly accepted with a condition, "Arasso.. if you think that it's for the best. But.. I do have a request." Ma-ru was already excited with her reply, "Just name it, princess! I'll do anything for you." After careful consideration, she gathered her courage to utter the words that might hurt his feeling, "Joong Ki aah.. since I can be released from the hospital by tomorrow morning, could you ask Woo Bin to come and help me to check out from here?"

 

Ma-ru's mouth formed a small 'o' as he blinked his eyes in disbelief, "Museun marieyo? Why are you asking for him all of the sudden?". Ji Hyo knew that the man would be caught by surprise after she made that wish, but she figured that he wouldn't mind since Woo Bin was his friend from high school. "Mianhae.. I can't think of a good explanation right now, but I'd like to spend a whole day with him prior to our wedding if we really going to have it in two days time." Ma-ru scratched his head in confusion. He thought Ji Hyo had disliked the man who was supposed to be her husband, but now she demanded for his presence. Honestly, Ma-ru really wanted to decline her request there and then. But since acting defensive would arouse her suspicion on him, Ma-ru pretended to be happy with Ji Hyo's request, "Geurae.. I have no problem with that since I will be there too if you need me."

 

"Well.. actually.. I'm hoping to spend some time alone with him. Just me and Woo Bin. I want to know why he stick around me and I have to explore the answer on my own," Ji Hyo had to explain her rules in order to be sure of her 'connection' to Woo Bin. Ma-ru sighed heavily, knowing that he wouldn't be able to stop her from hunting the truth. Seeing that her man was feeling down, Ji Hyo took his hand and intertwined with his fingers to ease his emotion. "Hey, please don't frown on me. We're getting married soon.. so there's no need to worry about anything," she smiled, trying to cheer her man. Still, he looked at her with his sad eyes when he said, "Just promise me that you will still come to our wedding.. no matter what happen afterward." Then he peck her lips - long enough as if they were saying goodbye.

 

Woo Bin kept himself composed as he took one step at a time - heading towards the direction of her room. He was still anxious about the phone call from Ma-ru, asking him to help Ji Hyo to check out from the hospital. His emotion was mixed up between being happy to see the woman he loved and fear of her unexpected reaction when their eyes met. Though he is a strong man, Woo Bin found it difficult for him to turn the door knob. It produced a squeak sound as he opened it - announcing his arrival to the patient in the room. Because of his nervousness, Woo Bin took a peek from the outside before Ji Hyo let him in. "Thank you for coming," she voiced out an appreciation, but in a cold way. The man nodded, trying to keep a friendly smile on his face. "Mianhae.. for what happened yesterday," Woo Bin blurted out to break the awkward situation.

 

They didn't say a word to each other while he helped her to fill up the release form, and proceed to the payment counter to settle the bills as the final step. Obediently, Ji Hyo followed Woo Bin to his car after they have done with all the necessary processes for her to check out from the hospital. He offered his hand for her to cling on, but the woman simply declined. "I can walk myself there.. just get the engine running," she instructed him, not giving a chance for Woo Bin to respond any further. They both entered the vehicle almost at the same time, but because they haven't discussed on the next location, Woo Bin just waited for her to give further direction. "Don't get me wrong, Woo Bin ssi. I still don't like you.. but I need to clear my doubt before my wedding tomorrow," Ji Hyo went straight to the point and surprised Woo Bin in the process.

 

'Why are you telling me all these, jagiya? Do you know how painful it is for me to hear that?' Woo Bin's heart was screaming in sadness, but his face reflected the total opposite. He gave his best to smile while offering a handshake, "Chukahaeyo.. Joong Ki is a lucky man." Ji Hyo just stared at the man with a poker face, so Woo Bin took back his hand and let out a small sigh. They were still at the parking lot - indecisive on what to be done next. His fingers crawling on the steering wheel, while he whistled to a melody of a song - Ji Hyo's favourite song to be exact. It's not that he did it on purpose, but sitting in the car with her scent travelling through his nostril made him returned to his 'old habit' whenever she's with him.

 

"Please take me to the crash scene.. where you found me unconscious," finally she spoke to him. Woo Bin nodded, although he was curious to know her real reason for going to that place. The 45 minutes of driving was only filled with a total silence, with both of them were drifted by their own thoughts. Woo Bin parked his car at the opposite side of the road and ready to unfasten his seat belt, but Ji Hyo immediately stop him. "Let's just stay in the car for now," she pleaded him, with eyes observing the area for a clue. While she was too busy focusing her attention away from him, Woo Bin silently landed his eyes on her. He wanted to take a good look at his woman for the very last time before she devoted her life to Joong Ki a.k.a. Ma-ru.

 

Woo Bin snapped out from his memory about their relationship the moment Ji Hyo's voice was heard, "I'm going for a closer look. Are you coming?". Despite inviting him to tag along, she didn't wait for him to step out from the vehicle as she knew that the man would always be on her track. Ji Hyo finally stood exactly at the crash area, and she could almost 'visualize' herself falling unconscious to the ground with blood dripping from her forehead.  Suddenly the sound of screeching tyres penetrated sharply in her ears. "Andwae!!" Ji Hyo screamed with her eyes closed and her hands covering the ears. Woo Bin who was startled by her extreme reaction, immediately rushed to her side to calm her down.

 

"Gwaenchana.. I'm here. Just cry in my arms," Woo Bin held her body close to him while his fingers her silky hair with love. He felt her trembling in his cuddle, but never expected that she would respond to him by wrapping her hands around his waist while she buried her face on his chest. Ji Hyo was still sobbing uncontrollably when raindrops began to hit the ground. She immediately felt a sense of deja vu - the hug, the raindrops and his voice.