The Day He Should Let Her Go

The Day I Let You Go

Then she suddenly cried. Her tears became her words, describing the pain in her heart due to the misfortune that befallen upon her. If only she could fast forward the time, she would have done it just to skip to the part when everything is long forgotten. Nothing hurt more than living with her darkest past and having to keep it as a secret from the man who loves her unconditionally. Ji Hyo kept praying that she was still in her dream, and she needed someone to wake her up from the nightmare. But the nightmare for her was never-ending, as long as Kang Ma-ru existed in her current and future life.

 

"Jagiya, it's okay to be nervous about the wedding. But please.. we don't have to cancel everything. Whatever the problem is.. we can work things out as long as we're in this together," Woo Bin was still trying his best to comfort his fiancée, although he was quite upset by her hasty decision after what they have gone through to save their relationship. Deep in his heart he couldn't erase the feeling that Ji Hyo kept playing with his emotion because she didn't want to have any commitment with him, yet Woo Bin shook off the negative thought and told himself that he should be considerate with his fiancée for the sake of their future. He has been waiting for Ji Hyo to really love him back since the day they met, so extending the wait for one more day shouldn't be too demanding on him. 

 

She knew that the cost of their relationship was really high. Just to be with Woo Bin - she gave up her feeling for Joong Ki, lost her memory due to an accident and hurt the ones who love her. But nothing compared to the damages caused by Kang Ma-ru. Because of that one man, her relationship with Woo Bin became distant - and when they were about to rebuild the broken link, once again Ma-ru barged into their lives and destroyed every last hope that they had left. "It's too late to fix it.. Woo Bin. I'm not.. I'm not the same woman that you should marry. You have to let me go," Ji Hyo got up from the bed and locked herself in the bathroom.

 

Woo Bin knocked on the door like crazy, calling out her name and asked her to unlock the door. He could hear the woman crying in the shower, although the sound from the water tap was quite loud and clear. Woo Bin knew that his woman was having an emotional breakdown, but he needed to find out the reason for her tears to fall freely. "Jagiya! Please open this door for me! You don't have to suffer alone.. please! Please don't push me away like this.. I love you.." his voice was getting weaker just as his knocking, but Ji Hyo refused to give him a chance to talk.

 

So he gave up. Woo Bin sat on the floor with his back rested against the bathroom door and hands on his knees. He felt hopeless for unable to do anything for his woman. She was hurt but he didn't know why or what to do. She just shut him out, and that really broke his heart. Woo Bin took a deep breath to calm his emotion and tried one more time to soothe his fiancée, "Jagiya, if I did something wrong.. please forgive me. I'm not a perfect man.. but I promise to you that I will do my best to give you a perfect relationship. I love you not because I had to fulfil my promise to Joong Ki.. or because I feel sorry for your lost. I love you because you're the one who remained in my heart.. the one who completed my life when I feel empty. I love you even when fate is being cruel to us.. so please let me be your Guardian Angel till the end of our time."

 

From behind the door, Ji Hyo was trying hard to stop her tears from flowing. She wanted to be strong for him, but denying what had just happened to her was something that is impossible for her to do. The image of Kang Ma-ru and the message that he left for her were still vivid in her mind. She wanted to scream her heart out, and she wished that she could just die. Woo Bin doesn't deserve a woman who is 'dirty' as his lawful wife. That man is too good for a bad woman like her. So she continued to shove him away from her life, "I.. I can't Woo Bin. Just go. Leave me.. please!"

 

That was when she heard him singing for her:

 

{Your appearance as you're walking towards me

It feels as though I will never see it again

That is why I cannot open my eyes

And because you were sent to me

I am so thankful, I am so grateful

 

Have you been very lonely for all these times

As I watch you wane with time

I can feel it was so

When it all hurts too much, just cry it out

To send off the painful memories

From within your tears, from my embrace

 

Sorrowful

Memories of the days we've passed

Let's shelter them all within each other's heart

There's no doubt

That I will be too lacking for you

But I'll give it all

All the love I have left in me}

 

[listen to the song: Watch "Lee Seung Gi - I'll Give It All MV (sub)" on YouTube - https://youtu.be/wT-dsG6IxLw]

 

Ji Hyo slowly opened the door, and standing right in front of her was the man who has been waiting for her all his life. Despite soaking wet after crying in the shower, she threw herself at Woo Bin and dumped her face on his chest. He warmed her in his cuddle, allowing her to bury all her sorrow in his arms just like she did on the day of Joong Ki's funeral. He felt her pain and it really killed him to see how fragile she was. So he let her cried, and naturally his eyes were also watery as he shared her misery.

 

After she was able to regulate her emotion, Ji Hyo stared at Woo Bin's face - the face of her Guardian Angel. His love for her was endless, but all she ever did was hurting him again and again. She doesn't deserve him, yet he always stay by her side like her own shadow. Though she felt it was right for her to end their relationship and let him find a better woman, but leaving him without explaining the truth will only hurt him more. She couldn't forgive herself if Woo Bin suffers because of her. So with sadness in her voice, Ji Hyo began to unfold the truth, "Woo Bin aah.. I'm sorry if what I'm about to tell you will break your heart or make you regret for being with me. I didn't mean to hurt you.. not after everything that you've done for us. You were too good to me.. and that's why it's really difficult for me to say this.."

 

She paused for a while, inhaling deeply as she continued, "The reason that I was late.. it's because of Kang Ma-ru. I went to see him today. But then I.. I think I slept with him.. and.. and we.."

 

"Just stop. I.. I don't want to know. I can't.." he was too shocked by her confession, and now he could hear the sound of his broken heart on the day he should let her go.