The Day He Was Ready To Go

The Day I Let You Go

His mouth agape with eyes widen in surprise. Marrying Ji Hyo has always been his ultimate purpose in life, but Woo Bin couldn't help from thinking about Ma-ru and the possibility that the young man could become the biggest threat to their relationship. He knew that Ma-ru will never let them be happy. As a matter of fact, Woo Bin had to switch off his handphone as it kept ringing and beeping for the past few hours. All that phone calls and text messages were coming from Ma-ru. 'He must have been searching for her like crazy. I have to protect Ji Hyo from him!' Woo Bin made a promise to himself as he caressed her hair.

 

As his son didn't say a word, Mr. Kim was getting worried that Woo Bin would disagree with Ji Hyo's proposal. His fatherly mode kicked in, "I think that's a very good idea! We shouldn't postpone your wedding for so long. In fact, appa and eomma will be more than happy if you two would like to get married by tomorrow!". "Appa! Why so rush? Ji Hyo needs more time to recover.. and I want to give her a proper wedding that she deserved!" Woo Bin rejected his father's suggestion, followed by a heavy sigh by his family members. He switched his attention back to his fiancée, and noticed her frowning face. "Is it really important for you that we proceed with the wedding by next week?" he asked while interlacing with her fingers.

 

Ji Hyo nodded without hesitation, "We'll never know what is going to happen between us in the near future. I can't take the risk of losing the man that I love and I certainly don't want us to hurt each other's feeling ever again!". "Noona is right, hyung! You two should get married as soon as possible before Kang Ma-ru.." Sun Bin didn't get to finish his words when Mr. Kim quickly covered his son's mouth with the palm of his hand. But it was already too late as Ji Hyo has captured the name that was mentioned by Sun Bin, "Kang Ma-ru? You mean the guy from the bridal shop?". 

 

Her questions led to an awkward silence. It became too obvious that everyone had been hiding something from the beginning, but Ji Hyo knew that the truth will find its way to her very soon. In fact, the moment she heard the name, her memories about that man had already appeared in her mind. However, telling Woo Bin about it will only make him feel insecure and worried unnecessarily. Hence, Ji Hyo pretended that she didn't remember about that man. "Wae geu rae? What did I do this time?" she giggled a little just to light up the conversation. Woo Bin who was concerned that his fiancée might not be prepared for the truth, decided to change the topic of discussion, "Jagiya.. if you think that we're ready for the wedding, then I'm okay to proceed just like you want it."

 

With his agreement, everyone was shrieking joyfully and congratulating the soon-to-be-married couple for the good news. All of them were excitedly talking about the wedding - the preparation that needs to be done, the songs that they should play on that day including everything else that made the ceremony perfect for Ji Hyo and Woo Bin. "Thank you for taking good care of us and supporting our relationship, we truly appreciate it!" the couple bowed to everyone when their visitors were about to leave the house. After they bid goodbye, Woo Bin surprised his fiancée when he suddenly lifted her in his arms. "I've been longing to do this!" he laughed naughtily as she tried to break free.

 

He took her to their room upstairs and placed the woman gently on the bed. They exchanged stare for a while before he blurted out his feeling, "Bogoshipeo.. my love." Her hands were still holding on to his neck when he kissed her, and she felt the warmth of his love travelling across her body. Without warning, her eyes were flooded with tears. Ji Hyo felt like she had fell in love with him all over again, and this time she really meant it. Her memories of Joong Ki were buried deep in her heart, and Ji Hyo is ready to start a new chapter with the man who she regarded as her 'Guardian Angel'. "My heart is yours.. Kim Woo Bin," she replied, while letting his fingers to wipe out the tears from her eyes like he always did. "I know," he whispered shortly and pecked her lips for the second time. That night they fell asleep in each other's arms - sailing smoothly in dream with the love of their life.

 

Waking up on their bed was something that she missed dearly. Instead of her, Woo Bin volunteered to prepare meal for them to have breakfast together in bed. She had to allow him, because Woo Bin was determined to pamper her like a queen. "I'm going off to my office, jagiya. Are you sure you don't want me to stay here with you?" he was reluctant to leave Ji Hyo alone in the house, but she kept telling him to focus on his normal routine. "Gwaenchana, I can take care of myself," she kissed his cheek before sending him off. Woo Bin reminded her to give him a call in case of an emergency, and she nodded as they waving goodbye to each other.

 

The moment his car is no longer visible to her eyes, Ji Hyo immediately grabbed her car key and locked the main door. Unknowing to her fiancé, she has agreed to meet up with Ma-ru after receiving almost twenty text messages and several missed calls from the man. Carefully, she drove her car to the location that was mentioned by Ma-ru. As soon as she arrived, she saw the man waiting for her at the gazebo. Ji Hyo calmly approaching the man, but her heart began to race when she saw the fierce stare from his eyes. The man seems like about to explode at anytime soon, so Ji Hyo reminded herself to be extremely careful when dealing with him.

 

Before she could say a word, Ma-ru grabbed her by the shoulders aggressively. "Where have you been?! Why didn't you come to our wedding?!" he shouted at her in anger, not knowing that she has recovered her memory. Ji Hyo hissed as she pushed his hands away. "Drop the act, Kang Ma-ru ssi! I already know who you are so you can stop pretending!" Ji Hyo gathered her courage to face the man's wrath and prepare for the consequences of her action. Of course Ma-ru was startled by her confession. He thought that she would still remember him as Song Joong Ki, but now the plan has changed.

 

Nevertheless, he has already fallen for her. Ma-ru wasn't going to walk away like a loser and allow himself to be used as her temporary pleasure. When he wants something, he must have it - and Ji Hyo is in his wishlist. "So.. just because you have your memories back.. you can call it a quit?!" his voice was deep and firm. He moved his body closer to her and intimidated the woman with his cold stare, "You're mine, Ji Hyo. Woo Bin 'sold' his relationship to me.. so he no longer have the 'right' to be with you." All of the sudden, he grabbed her by the hair and tilted her face - kissing the woman passionately against her own freewill.