The Day He Decided To Go

The Day I Let You Go

"You're not serious, am I right? I mean.. isn't she your fiancée?" Ma-ru was too shocked to hear the request from Woo Bin. He tried to make him stand on feet again, but the heartbroken man refused. Woo Bin kept his head low just to hide his tears, yet he couldn't conceal his sadness with his trembling voice, "I'm begging you.. please. Please make my Ji Hyo happy.. it's something that I have failed to give her as a man. Just tell me what you want in return, but promise me that you will accept her with all your heart." Ma-ru was touched by Woo Bin's true love towards Ji Hyo, and he knew that nothing could match the sacrifice that he made for his woman. Although it felt wrong, but fulfilling Woo Bin's only 'wish' seems to be the right thing to do. So Ma-ru agreed.

 

With that, Woo Bin stood up and gave Ma-ru an appreciation hug, "Gomawo, my brother! At least I can move on without feeling guilty.. now that she has 'someone' to look after her. I think my 'work' here is done." He broke the cuddle - wiped out the teardrops from his eyes and smiled weakly at Ma-ru who was still speechless because of his new 'responsibility'. Trying to act natural and strong in front of Ji Hyo's new guy, Woo Bin had to make fun of himself, "To be honest, I'm not used to cry in the arms of another man.. so forgive me if I made you feel awkward." The only reaction that he could think of was to put on a decent smile, as it doesn't feel right for him to laugh at the man who had just 'lost' the love of his life. "But what should I do? I don't know how and where to start," Ma-ru seek for Woo Bin's advice.

 

She stared outside of the window, searching for an explanation about everything that happened earlier. Ji Hyo was wondering if her fiancé knew her whereabout, and she was also curious about the man who claimed to be her lover. In the middle of her mind exploration, someone knocked on her door. Ji Hyo turned around, and she loved what she saw - her soul mate. "How's my pretty lady?" Ma-ru pretended that he knew the patient and walked in casually towards the woman. The first thing he did was to surprise Ji Hyo with a bouquet of red roses which she received with a happiest face. The woman was shrieking in joy as she wrapped her arms around his neck, "Gomawo.. I really miss you! Where have you been?".

 

Honestly, Ma-ru was too excited with the way she responded to him, however the thought that she was referring to 'Joong Ki' instead of himself made his move a little bit awkward. Because she knew her man for many years, Ji Hyo could tell that the guy was acting strange around her, "Wae geu rae? Are you not happy to see me?". She pretended to sulk at him, hoping that he would woo her like he always do. As Woo Bin didn't warn him about it, Ma-ru became panic and tried to work his charm on her, "Aigoo.. mianhae my love. I was distracted by your beautiful eyes that I have not seen for days!". "Where's my kiss? You know words are never enough for me to forgive you," she spoke naughtily to him. Ma-ru's eyes got bigger. 'Kiss?! She's asking me to kiss her?' he doubt what he just heard.

 

At this point of time, Ma-ru could tell that his heart was beating uncontrollably as his eyes kept staring at her pouty lips. Yes he wanted to taste them so bad, but his conscience was holding him back. Ji Hyo was slightly hurt when he ignored her demand, "Geurae! If you don't want me anymore then just leave!". In a blink of an eye, Ma-ru leaned forward and pressed his lips against hers - leading to a long, passionate kiss. For a moment he forgot about his 'character', and he began to enjoy the way she responded to him. Without warning, Ma-ru had 'lost' his heart to the woman who he barely knew, all thanks to the fate that brought them closer to each other. "I want you.. Song Ji Hyo," he confessed to her as they broke the kiss. Finally she smiled again, and the two 'lovers' continued to show their feelings by resting their forehead against one another.

 

Honestly he didn't want to step in after what he just witnessed, but Woo Bin had no choice as he needed to collect his belonging which he left in the room. "Mianhae, I left my bag here," he told them the reason for him to 'interfere' during their intimate moment as a couple. Ji Hyo recognized his face from the previous encounter, "Yaa! Who are you actually? Why do you keep appearing in front of me?!". Ma-ru was startled by the presence of Woo Bin, and he got the feeling that the man saw him 'smooching' with his woman. Woo Bin was obviously devastated by the way Ji Hyo reacted towards him, so Ma-ru decided to 'create' a story about him. "Mianhae, my love. I forgot to introduce you to my friend from my high school. This is Kim Woo Bin.. he was the one who took you to the hospital when you were.."

 

"Unconscious. You got hit by a truck, but fortunately I was around to save you," Woo Bin had to fill in the story as Ma-ru was out of words. Although he was smiling sweetly at her, Ji Hyo had a cold stare in her eyes as she replied, "Thank you for saving me.. but I appreciate if you could keep your distance from me." Both men were surprised with the way she talked to Woo Bin. "But Ji Hyo.. he's my friend!" Ma-ru tried to defend him, but Woo Bin gave a signal that he didn't want them to fight because of him. "No, it's okay. I'll be on my way now. It's really a pleasure to meet you, Ji Hyo ssi.. get well soon," he bowed to the couple before he left.

 

Once Woo Bin was no longer in presence, Ma-ru couldn't wait to hear Ji Hyo's explanation, "Wae geu rae, my love? Why can't you be nice to him?". "Did you notice the way he looked at me? He even called me 'jagiya' and pretended to be my fiancé the moment I regained my conscious! I don't trust him, my love. I think he had a 'thing' on me," Ji Hyo spilled out her concern. Gently, Ma-ru wrapped his arms around her to calm her emotion, "Gwaenchana, my princess. As long as I live.. I will not let anyone even my own best friend to steal you away from me. I promise."

 

Outside of the room, Woo Bin stood still behind the door as he eavesdropping the conversation between Ma-ru and Ji Hyo. He regretted for not leaving the place soon enough, and now the pain in his heart was excruciating. He felt the growing distance between him and Ji Hyo - knowing that her memories about their relationship were gradually lost in time. With his eyes closed, Woo Bin uttered his final words to her, "Jagiya, I know that you'll be happy with him.. and I hope that he will always cherish you more than I do. Thank you for letting me love you.. even it was meant for a short while. You don't have to force yourself to remember who I am.. as I will disappear from your world so you could have your own 'happily ever after' ending. Saranghae, Song Ji Hyo.. goodbye."