The Day We Didn't Let Go

The Day I Let You Go

The wind was blowing strongly - sending shiver to her bones. She has been crying for hours. Her energy was almost gone and her knees were getting weaker. Ji Hyo didn't care that all eyes on hers. She was too deep in her sorrow and no longer able to feel anything but pain. "How am I supposed to move on without you?!" she screamed at his grave as loud as she could till she lost her voice. Ji Hyo buried her face in the palm of her hands to conceal her sadness, but she couldn't stop herself from sobbing uncontrollably. She just wasn't strong enough for the final goodbye.

 

While she was drowning in tears, a pair of arms wrapped her waist gently. "Gwaenchana princess.. I'm always here for you," a male voice whispered to her ear, so she turned around and immediately recognized the face. "Stay away from me Joong Ki! You're not my fiancé!" Ji Hyo blurted in anger and pushed the man away from her. Instead of keeping the distance, the man took a step forward towards the woman with eyes glued on her face. Afraid of his reaction, Ji Hyo retreated one step at a time. Yet she felt that the man was getting closer before she could escape from his reach.

 

"Why are you avoiding me, Ji Hyo? Don't you love me anymore?" he demanded for her reply. Both of his hands were holding on her shoulders, and disappointment was written all over his face. She felt sorry for him, but she couldn't lie to her heart. So firmly, Ji Hyo responded to his question, "I don't.. because I love Kim Woo Bin." She was startled when the man abruptly shouted at her, "Kim Woo Bin is dead, Ji Hyo! Your fiancé is dead! We're standing by his grave!". He pushed her over and watched the woman fell into a deep hole - laughing wickedly as she went deeper into the pitch black.

 

"Andwae!" Ji Hyo screaming at the top of her lungs and her upper body spring off the bed. Everyone was awaken by her loud voice and immediately rushed to her side. "Noona, gwaenchanayo? Did you had a bad dream?" Sun Bin was very concerned with her condition. He wiped out the cold sweat from her temple with a clean towel while she slowly calm her breathing. All of them were very happy that she had regained her conscious, and they showered her with kind wishes for her speedy recovery. Ji Hyo looked at the faces that were surrounding her bed, but couldn't find the one she's been longing for. She grabbed on Sun Bin's hand and the young man stop his action, "What is it, noona?". "Sun Bin aah.. where's Woo Bin?"

 

"I'm right here.. jagiya!" Woo Bin entered the room with snacks in his hands. He quickly put the items on the table and sat on a chair next to her bed. To everyone's surprise, Ji Hyo immediately locked her arms around his neck - dumping her face on his shoulder to cry on. "Saranghae.. Kim Woo Bin. Please don't leave me!" she mumbled the words, but clear enough for Woo Bin to hear them. He knew that Ji Hyo has recovered her lost memories, and now she's back to her old self. Woo Bin was happy. He was too happy that he shed tears almost in an instant. Woo Bin held her tightly in his cuddle just to be sure that he wasn't dreaming. Or even if it was just his delusion, Woo Bin didn't want to let go of his hands.

 

"Saranghae, Song Ji Hyo. Always and forever," he told her sincerely, then kissed her forehead unconditionally. Ji Hyo stared at his face with watery eyes, and her lips forming a beautiful smile. "I thought I've lost you for years. My mind was cluttered with memories of Joong Ki, but my heart has always been with you. Bogoshipeo.. my Guardian Angel," she caressed his cheek before tilting her face to kiss her man with love. Everyone clapped happily for the couple, feeling excited and relieved that they were back together. "Congratulations, hyung.. and welcome back, noona!" Sun Bin hugged his brother and his future sister-in-law enthusiastically. "Yaa this boy! Why did you interrupted the sweet moment?" his mother scolded the young man, then turned to Ji Hyo and said, "Mianhae.. Ji Hyo aah. We didn't know about your condition before. We thought that you have a change of heart."

 

"Change of heart? Omo.. what did I do?" Ji Hyo was clueless and looked at Woo Bin for an explanation. His mother was in panic as she has unintentionally triggered her curiosity, and his father gave a signal to keep their mouth shut. The Kim's family were staring at each other anxiously, but none of them would want to give her the answer. "Sun Bin aah.. do you know what happened after the accident?" Ji Hyo pressured the young man into revealing the truth. Sun Bin had cold feet when his brother gave him a deep stare while shaking his head a little, so he decided to excuse himself to go to the bathroom although he didn't want to. Seeing her disappointment, Woo Bin tried to ease her emotion, "It's nothing to be worried about, jagiya. More importantly you're getting better and that's all I need."

 

At first she was able to accept his answer, but suddenly she remembered something very important about their relationship, "Omo.. Woo Bin aah, what happened to our wedding plan? How long have we been postponing it?". "Hey.. just calm down, okay? Don't worry about it. I've got everything under control," Woo Bin decided that it's not the right time to make her worry about the real situation. But in his mind, he wondered if Ji Hyo had a clue about Ma-ru or the wedding that she almost got into. He had to thank Sun Bin for saving their relationship from Kang Ma-ru, as he didn't have the courage to break her heart wittingly.

 

Ji Hyo saw the 'pain' that Woo Bin was hiding behind his smile. She wasn't completely clueless. She knew that her man was trying to protect her from some kind of a harmful secret, and Ji Hyo wanted to repay all of his sacrifices. She took a deep breath and looked into everyone's eyes with confidence, "I can't thank you enough for your unconditional love and attention for the last few days. I might have hurt your feeling when I.. I wasn't myself. So I hope you can accept my sincere apology." Ji Hyo paused for a second to catch a breath. She stole a glance at her man and saw his happy face. After considering all the options, Ji Hyo announced to her love ones, "Today.. I'd like to have all of you to witness my confession."

 

"Omo.. omo! This is very interesting! Tell me.. tell me please!" suddenly Sun Bin chipped in after he returned to the room. Mr. Kim smacked the head of his youngest son and scolded him, "Do you always have to interrupt during an important moment?!". They were giggling over Sun Bin's enthusiasm, but quickly switched back their focus to Ji Hyo. "You make me nervous, jagiya!" Woo Bin chuckled while pretending to have chest pain. He was caught by surprise when she took his hand and continued with the announcement, "My dear Kim Woo Bin.. my Guardian Angel. I want you to know that you will always have a special place in my heart.. and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So in front of everyone here.. I'd like to seek your agreement to proceed with our wedding by next week.. as I don't want to delay any further. What do you say?"