The Day For The Lies To Go

The Day I Let You Go

"Hyung! Why did you agree to that?!" Sun Bin almost yelling at his own brother the moment he heard the bad news. Being the only sibling to Woo Bin, he was very excited when his brother introduced Ji Hyo as their future family member. Sun Bin has always dreamed of having an older sister who is beautiful and sweet like Ji Hyo, so he didn't mind about her past or the fact that his brother is getting married within less than a month of knowing his future wife. But now that the engagement will be called off, Sun Bin felt very disappointed and he shared the same pain that Woo Bin was enduring.

 

As an older brother, Woo Bin knew that he had to set the right example to Sun Bin. He didn't want Sun Bin to blame Ji Hyo for cancelling the engagement, at least not before he's ready to explain the situation about his broken relationship. "Sun Bin aah.. I know you must have been upset with all these, but hyung and Ji Hyo noona had chosen the path that would be best for the both of us," he tried to convince his younger brother to accept the decision that he made. He could see the frustration in Sun Bin's eyes, knowing how much his little brother had been putting hope to see their marriage becomes a reality.

 

"Hyung.. you're lying to yourself just like you're lying to me right now! How can the break off be the best thing for all of us? I know Ji Hyo noona is the only one who is right for you.. and you know that I really appreciate what she did for me when I was at my lowest point!" Sun Bin replied - reminding Woo Bin of the first few days after he brought Ji Hyo to meet his family. At that time, Sun Bin was broken hearted after his girlfriend dumped him for another man. He almost committed suicide by attempting to jump off the roof, but fortunately Ji Hyo was there to help him to go through the pain. Comparing to his lost, the woman had gone through even worse when her fiancé died in an accident. "Sometimes, you just have to go through one more day for you to meet the one person who is meant for you," she said while he cried in her arms.

 

Woo Bin knew that she was referring to him as her 'one person', because Ji Hyo's eyes were locked on his face as she uttered the words. He believed that she was ready to start a new beginning with him as a married couple, and he had promised to make her happy for the rest of his life. Hence, it's the same reason that Woo Bin has agreed to release the woman he loved, because right now she could be happier with another man. "Mianhae, Sun Bin. I wish you don't have to listen to all these, but sooner or later we have to accept the fact that Ji Hyo and I.. we're history," he said it with a heavy sigh - tapping lightly on his brother's shoulder before walking away.

 

"Andwae! I will help you to win back Ji Hyo noona.. I promise!" Sun Bin shouted at his brother who was getting farther from him. He checked on the time. There's about 2 hours left before the wedding between Ji Hyo and a guy named Kang Ma-ru. Sun Bin has made up his mind. He will do anything that he can to stop his beloved noona from ruining her future with a 'fake' man. If previously she had saved him from taking the wrong action, this time it would be his turn to be her savior. Travelling in a taxi, Sun Bin rushed his way to the wedding chapel while he tried to reach the lady through her handphone. "Yoboseyo?" her voice was heard after the fifth beep.

 

"Noona! Please wait for me to arrive. I have something urgent to tell you! It's about Song Joong Ki!" Sun Bin was desperate to get Ji Hyo's attention. Although she seems to be clueless and hesitated to entertain his request, the bride-to-be has somewhat agreed to meet up with him just outside the chappel. Impatiently, Sun Bin instructed the taxi driver to speed up to the destination. They arrived approximately 20 minutes later where Ji Hyo was already standing by the roadside in her wedding dress. "Please wait! I'm calling my friend so we can move on to the next location," he informed the taxi driver before stepping out from the vehicle.

 

Ji Hyo saw a young man waving his hand at her, but she failed to recognize his face. She assumed that it's the same person who had called her earlier, and if her assumption is right, then that man is actually Woo Bin's younger brother. She knew it because that was what being displayed as the caller ID. "Noona.. I can't explain to you here. You need to come with me!" the young man grabbed her wrist and dragged her into the taxi where he came from. Unwillingly, Ji Hyo just let him led the way. She was a bit shocked to hear that they were heading towards the local graveyard, "Why are we going to the cemetery? My wedding will start in an hour!". "You'll know when we get there!" that was the only replied that she got from him.

 

Reluctantly, Ji Hyo had to follow his footstep after they have arrived at the said location. It was quite difficult for her to walk on the rough surface in her high heels and wedding dress, so Ji Hyo had to hold hand with the young man and let him took them to wherever he was heading. Finally he stop - pointing to the grave in front of them. "Noona, do you know who's this person?" he asked. Of course she had no idea what he was referring to, so Ji Hyo bended over to read the name that was printed on the tombstone. She gasped in great surprise, with hand covering her wide open mouth. Joong Ki's name was what she saw - making her heart beating so fast that she couldn't breath properly.

 

"Noona! Gwaenchana?!" Sun Bin quickly grabbed Ji Hyo's body before she collapse to the ground. The woman was trembling, and he could tell that she was in a great shock to learn about the truth. Sun Bin was feeling guilty for reminding her of the 'painful' memory, but he had no choice. Ji Hyo needed to know the truth about her former lover, and she can't marry a random guy who isn't the man she thought he is. "He's gone, noona. Song Joong Ki is dead! That guy that you are about to marry is an impostor!" Sun Bin spilled out the secret. He knew his words have wounded her heart, and now tears were flooding her eyes as she cried in his arms. Feeling sorry for the woman, Sun Bin felt responsible for her misery, "Mianhae, noona. I know it's not easy for you to remember everything.. but I can't let you and hyung to lose each other because of one wrong decision! Please.. come back to Woo Bin. He loves you very much. I know you love him too."

 

Sad. Confused. Anger. She couldn't tell which one is the dominant, but Ji Hyo felt like her head and her heart were about to erupt. One by one the image from the past began to penetrate her fragile mind, and all she could do was screaming as loud as she could - letting go of the pain that was unbearable for her to endure on her own.