The Day When No One Must Go

The Day I Let You Go

She called out his name again, but he could not respond as he always does. Not after listening to the painful truth that Ji Hyo just revealed. Woo Bin wished that it was only a dream. That all these 'nightmares' will soon be gone, but the cold tears running down from his eyes were telling him that he wasn't - which hurt him more than words can easily describe.

 

Along with the rhythm of his tears, Woo Bin felt his whole body began to tremble. His mind was too confused as his heart was filled with a mix of emotions. Yes he loves her. In fact, having Ji Hyo back into his life has been everything he ever wanted for. Yet he found himself filled with anger and hatred when she tried to hold his hand. Naturally Woo Bin took a step away and turned his back on the lady with watery eyes. It took a while until he was able to say, "Mianada. I just can't believe that you are such a fool to think that I will easily give up on us after all that we went through."

 

Then he turned and glared at her, "Truthfully I can understand if you're having a second thought after.. after your meeting with that damn.. doppelganger guy. But please.. don't make up such a ridiculous story just to make me hate you and leave you for good. Cause you know what?" He paused for a while, "That's not going to happen Ji Hyo. Not ever! You can push me all you want! But I'm staying here.. for good. And that's final."

 

"You're the fool one Woo Bin! Why must you make things difficult for me?! I'm dirty.. Woo Bin aah. Did you hear me? I'm dirty.. and.. and you.. you're too good for such a worthless woman like me," Ji Hyo's voice was getting weaker towards the end as she dropped onto her knees. It was hard for her to continue while sobbing uncontrollably, "Don't waste yourself for me, Woo Bin. Please.. just.. I don't think I can do this. I'm not worthy. I don't deserve happiness."

 

He quickly disagreed, "Are you God to decide on that?!"

There were silent.

"Geurae, if you really did what you say.. then prove it. Let's go to the hospital and do check up," he said while pulling her back on feet.

"For what?! Do you really need to hear that I'm not a anymore from another person?!"

"Look at me!" he grabbed her by the shoulder, "If that damn guy really did.." Woo Bin was hesitated to mention the word, but he did it after a pause. ".. you against your will, then we need evidence to bring him to justice. We go to the police together and we make sure that he'll pay for what he did to you."

 

After he finished his words, Woo Bin pulled Ji Hyo back into his arms. He held her tight - allowing the lady to cry out her heart on him. Woo Bin ran his fingers through Ji Hyo's hair while both of them sank deeper into their emotion. It was the hardest moment for them as a couple, yet he made a promise that only death will do them apart.

 

Indeed she was imagining a different ending on that day, that her Guardian Angel will despise her and leave without turning back, but once again Woo Bin proved her wrong. His love is stronger than anything. His heart is pure - as white as snow, but she was too blind to see how lucky for her to be loved by him. If only she wasn't being too hung up on her past, the presence of Kang Ma-ru would not have such an impact on her. Ji Hyo felt she could have easily given her heart to Woo Bin without the painful experience that she gone through that day.

 

As agreed, the two went to the nearest hospital for Ji Hyo to do further check up. Woo Bin wandered along the corridor after his lady was taken to see the doctor, then moved to the nearest couch and waiting impatiently for the unknown result. He never stop praying for Ji Hyo, hoping that things will be better once they've settled the score with their 'mutual enemy'. Suddenly he received a call from his mother, "Oh eomma. Ne.. Ji Hyo is fine. Well she.. she went to the bathroom. We just felt like going out for some fresh air. Arasso.. take care."

 

He took a deep breath and exhaled heavily. Woo Bin knew he couldn't let the 'secret' out to his family, so he had to lie to his dear mother. The most important thing was to protect Ji Hyo at all cost, especially if it could ruin their future together. "Mianada.. eomma," he seek forgiveness from afar out of guilt. A moment later, a nurse came out from the doctor's room together with Ji Hyo. They thanked her after being informed to wait for result an hour later.

 

"Shall we grab some coffee? Americano?" he offered her just to divert her attention to other than the outcome of that day. Ji Hyo smiled weakly and nodded. Gently Woo Bin intertwined fingers with his woman and they walked hand-in-hand towards the cafeteria. Finally she was able to smile at him, although it was not as bright as before. But that was enough to make him happy.

 

The two chose to sit at a table facing the window. While staring at the beautiful scenery outside, Ji Hyo began the conversation, "Gomawo."

 

"Don't thank me. Instead, I need to thank you jagiya."

"Waeyo?" she blinked her eyes in clueless.

Woo Bin smiled, "For not giving up on us. For allowing me to take care of you. Through thick.. and thin."

"Are you sure you still want to marry me? Even I'm not.."

"Yes I am.. for the thousandth times," he cut her short.

"But what about our family? What if they.."

 

Their conversation was interrupted by a phone call that went through Ji Hyo's handphone. She immediately answered while being stared curiously by Woo Bin. "We need to see the doctor in 10 minutes. He wants to discuss about the test," Ji Hyo informed her man who replied with a nod. They quickly finished up their drinks and about to get up when another phone call entered Ji Hyo's number. This time, it was from unknown caller. "Yoboseyo?"

 

"I was wondering if you miss me after that sweet moment we had.. cause I didn't get any call from you for hours," the familiar voice sent shivers down her spine till she dropped her phone onto the floor. Woo Bin immediately picked up the handphone and talked to the mysterious caller, "Who is this?"

 

"So you're still hanging around my Ji Hyo huh? Oh my.. I guess she hasn't tell you what has happened between us?"

 

"Listen here! Stay.. away from my lady. You hear me?! You've just messed with the wrong people Kang Ma-ru!" Woo Bin sent a strong warning although the guy on the line just responded with evil laugh. He ended the call without hesitation, then focusing back on his woman who was trembling in fear. Despite all eyes on them, Woo Bin immediately hugged Ji Hyo as he tried to calm her, "I'm here jagiya. Please don't be afraid. As long as I live you are safe with me. I promise. He won't harm you again. Not ever."