The Day We Were Letting Go

The Day I Let You Go

Beep! Beep!

 

Ji Hyo took out her handphone and stared at the screen in confusion. The message was coming from an unknown number, yet she decided to open and read it:

This is me.. Joong Ki. Where are you?

 

Her heart felt a sudden burst of anger the moment she saw his name. Ji Hyo was still unable to forgive her 'Joong Ki' for hiding the truth about her connection to Woo Bin. Not only that would make her decision to marry 'Joong Ki' became invalid, she also believed that her mysterious engagement to his 'friend' deserved a good explanation from both men. Nevertheless, Ji Hyo tried to convince herself that 'Joong Ki' and Woo Bin must have their own reason to keep it as a secret from her. The fact that 'Joong Ki' was using a different mobile number had added to her curiosity, but she took it positively and replied to his message as usual.

Ji Hyo: You're using a different number now?

Ma-ru: Yes.. but that's not the point. Where are you??

Ji Hyo: I'm still at the bridal shop. Wae? Is there anything wrong?

Ma-ru: Which bridal shop? Give me the add now! I'm coming over.. so don't go anywhere!

Ji Hyo: Arasso! I'll share the location.. just tell me what's going on?

 

After she gave him the GPS coordinate of where she's at, Ji Hyo had her mind wandered aimlessly. 'Joong Ki' didn't reply to her message, and from his words it seems like he was so desperate to get to her. Everything had aroused her suspicion, yet nothing had triggered her memories from the past. She tried her luck to find more answers from her personal contact list, and another 'clue' was revealed, "My Guardian Angel? Who could that be?". Ji Hyo wasn't able to recall whose number that she saved as 'My Guardian Angel', so she decided to give it a call. "Yoboseyo, Ji Hyo ssi.." and that's how she confirmed the person as Kim Woo Bin.

 

"Woo Bin aah.. mianhae," Ji Hyo's voice became weaker as she did her best to control her emotion from breaking down. She regretted the way she had treated the man, but her biggest disappointment was knowing that the man has been suffering alone because of her 'closeness' to 'Joong Ki'. Ji Hyo could tell that Woo Bin was pretending to be as natural as possible when he replied, "For what? I'm the one who should apologize to you since I left without saying anything." "You don't have to. I know your reason.. and I'm really sorry for failing to see who you really are to me. You're my Guardian Angel.. Kim Woo Bin," she confessed to him.

 

Woo Bin heart was racing fast. He wondered if Ji Hyo has gotten back her memories, which made her said what she just did. Although he wasn't sure about that, Woo Bin took the chance to validate his assumption. "Jagiya.. do you.. do you remember who I am?" he asked anxiously. Affected by her sadness, Ji Hyo had to admit, "I only know that we're engaged.. but that's because the shop assistant had spoken to me about our wedding attires. I've not able to recall anything else.. so I'm still searching for the answers within me." He was slightly disappointed with her explanation, but Woo Bin felt glad that she acknowledged him as her fiancé. At least there's a progress in their relationship.

 

"You don't have to do this alone, jagiya. I'm always with you," Woo Bin almost cried a happy tear as he uttered the words. All the pain that he felt earlier had disappeared from his mind, and he found new hope in reviving his relationship with Ji Hyo. However not to his knowledge, the woman was deeply affected by the attention that he gave to her. "Mianhae, Woo Bin. I wish I could remember how I feel about you before I had the accident, but right now.. Joong Ki is the only man in my heart.. and I know that I love him. I'm very sure about that," she decided to come clean with him so the man would understand her current situation and not drawing his own conclusion.

 

Ji Hyo sighed heavily, knowing that it was getting harder for her to speak her mind without hurting his feeling. Woo Bin has been keeping quiet, so she forced herself to continue with the most difficult thing to say, "It's not fair for you to keep waiting for me when my heart is no longer with you. I can't let you suffer like this for the rest of your life.. and I hate myself for holding you back from falling in love with the right woman."

 

"What are you suggesting.. jagiya?" he asked, but too afraid to hear the answer. Reluctantly, Ji Hyo made a request, "I've decided to call-off our engagement.. Kim Woo Bin. You're free to move on with your life.. without me. Mianhae." Just like being stabbed with a sharp object, Woo Bin could almost 'hear' the sound of his heart shattered like a broken glass. If previously he was so happy to have her back as his fiancée, but now she demanded for him to let her go. Woo Bin came to realize that there's nothing more for him to fight for, now that he has no other reason to stay by her side. "I guess.. this is our final goodbye?" his voice was trembling, which made it obvious that he was holding his tears.

 

Ji Hyo took a while before she bid farewell to the man who used to be her Guardian Angel. Part of her wanted to keep Woo Bin as her companion, but that would make her selfish should she continued to have feeling for 'Joong Ki'. So the right thing to do was to end her connection to Woo Bin - not because she hates him, but because she hates herself for breaking his heart unwittingly. Ji Hyo stepped out from the shop to breathe in fresh air. She closed her eyes to brush off the thought about Woo Bin, but suddenly she felt a pair of strong hands grabbing her shoulders and turned her body to the side.

 

"Song Joong Ki! What is wrong with you?" Ji Hyo was startled by his sudden presence. The man had an intense stare in his eyes, and his facial expression showed an extreme anxiety. "You're not going to leave me.. are you?!" Ma-ru abruptly asked. At that point of time, he felt insecure and vulnerable because of his argument with Woo Bin. He was afraid that the man has managed to convince Ji Hyo to walk out from the wedding, so Ma-ru immediately searched for his 'fake fiancée' to ensure that she wouldn't change her mind. 

 

"Leave you? You mean at the wedding?" Ji Hyo seek for clarification and he nodded. She took the opportunity to demand for his explanation, "Tell me.. how are we supposed to proceed with the wedding tomorrow when I was still engaged to Woo Bin? Why did you hide the truth from me?!". "Because I'm not ready to lose you! Woo Bin was the reason for our breakup when he tricked you into accepting his proposal.. so I can't let that happen to us again," his lie was very convincing, hence she didn't question him further. 'That's right, princess! Woo Bin is our enemy.. and I'm going to make sure that you will hate him for the rest of your life,' a wicked voice was shrieking in his mind.