✮ GOT7 Mark ✮

░✮ Cheesecake Factory (๑╹◡╹๑) ✮ ░ 【DJ's Collection of Scenarios】

Author Note: (。-_-。) I literally looked around the world for this request and it ended up being right here in the comments good job Author-nim! There are other requests before this but this one's Holiday themed so it gets first priority~

 
Summary: When Mark wants YeonJi back but she's seeing someone else
 
Song: GOT7 Confession Song
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
"Mark"
"Yes Sir?"
 
The white bearded Manager with the copper glasses perched on his aged face chuckled in amusement as his best employee Mark Tuan popped up from behind the counter sporting a classic Santa Claus hat for the holidays and a bright smile on his face.
 
"Will you be alright locking up tonight? The twins have their Winter recital and I promised Papa would be there in the front row"
"Of course Sir it's no problem at all. Tell the Sugar Plum Fairies Mark Oppa will see them at the Christmas party"
"Mwuahaha you've charmed my girls with that smile of yours Tuan."
"A smile a day keeps the sadness at bay Sir"
"Does anyone actually say that Son?"
"Probably not hahaha"
 
Mark's cackle like laughter fills the empty cafe as he flips the closed sign to open after the rest of the employees arrived in the back.
 
"Hyung am I on register today?"
"Can I trust you to take it seriously this time Jimin?"
"Oh come on Hyung~ I like to make the customers laugh that's all, where's the harm in that?"
"The harm is holding up the line with your jokes"
"But you gotta admit they're funny, right Hyung~? Hyung? Yah Hyung"
 
The eldest employee chuckled and shook his head as he greeted the first customers of the day.
 
As always the young womens' eyes were twinkling as Mark held the door open for them with a little bow.
 
Ironed white buttoned collared shirt, black best and slacks, a Christmas hat and a smile brighter than any tree topper customers came back for more than just the signature brewed coffee.
 
"Table for 3 Ladies?"
"Yes please!"
"Woozi!"
 
Mark called enthusiastically and the girls squealed as the small young waiter with Antlers smiled at them with his crescent eyes and asked for them to follow him.
 
Customers wrapped up in scarves fluttered into the cafe quicker than the snowflakes piling the ground. It looked like it was going to be a white Christmas this year. She'd love that, and speaking of which.....
 
A young man holds the door open allowing the smaller young lady inside.
 
With rosey pink cheeks the girl giggled and cleared the frost from her red hair as the overly excited Taehyung greeted the familiar face.
 
"Table for two Noona~?"
"Unless you'd like to join us V"
"Can I?!"
 
He jokes as he asks them aside to welcome in more customers. 
 
The cafe was filling up rapidly keeping all the jolly employees on their toes. Mark smiles and grabs a few menus before bowing at the girl and her partner.
 
Her faces becomes a bit more serious than when she was interacting with the younger employee and she bows.
 
"Hello Mark."
"It's been a while YeonJi. If you'll follow me to your table."
 
Turning his back Mark looks over his shoulder and his stomach flutters as YeonJi doesn't hold the young man's hand after speaking with him.
 
He pulls their chairs out in a Professional manor and hands the couple their menus.
 
As Mark speaks with Mingyu, pen writing diligently on his notepad, YeonJi laughs as she flips her menu back the right way since it was given to her upside down, like it always was.
 
Mingyu looks up through his lashes and smiles bashfully at his beautiful date who's giggling to herself.
 
"Hey YeonJi-ah feel free to order anything you'd like, my treat."
"Thank you Mingyu Oppa"
 
She looks up at Mark and gives him an apologetic nod and Mark does nothing but smile at her and wait patiently for her order.
 
Mingyu scans the menu and his mouth forms an O as he points to something.
 
"Oh YeonJi look they have a fruit cake Muffin. You love the holidays would you like to try that?"
"She can't, she's allerigic to cranberries"
 
Mark speaks up before YeonJi can answer. He remembered.
 
"That's really thoughtful Oppa but like the Waiter said I'm allergic to cranberries"
"Oh I'm so sorry haha I'm allerigic to pistachios~"
"Is that so? I'll keep that in mind! Ummmmm I'll have...."
"A large white hot chocolate, whip cream on the bottom AND the top with a caramel drizzle with crushed candy canes. Also a soft baked gingerbread man, from the front please because everyone always picks the ones in the back because they think they're fresher so the cookies in the front get neglected and sad. Anything else?"
 
Mingyu looks from Mark to YeonJi with a curious brow.
 
The Waiter was staring contently into YeonJi's eyes as she was speechless and nodded with a small forced smile.
 
"I'll have someone out with your order shortly."
 
Mark gives a small bow before retreating to the back and Mingyu finally gets to talk with the girl across from him who's lost in thought.
 
"Do you two know each other?"
"Huh? Oh! Mark and I? I'm sorry we used to date that's all. I hope that doesn't bother you?"
"Not at all. Does it bother you to be here with him? We can go somewhere else"
"No it's fine Oppa, besides they have the best Gingerbread cookies in town! I love them so much."
 
Mark watches from behind the counter as YeonJi's face lights up, no doubt talking about something she loved.
 
They had dated briefly last year and Mark thought their relationship was great until one night YeonJi came into the coffee shop and with her head down declared she wanted to end things.
 
It was around this time actually, she had said that it just wasn't the right time for them to be together.
 
Mark never understood what that meant but no matter what he said to her she had made up her mind and disappeared into the snowy night.
 
He's never stopped thinking about her since.
 
She'd still come to the coffee shop, with friends and aquiantences, and the two would smile at each other and carry on as if they didn't have feelings for each other at one point.
 
He looked back up at their table and arched a brow as YeonJi quickly turned her head.
 
It was the first time she was alone with a date though. Mingyu. He seems like a nice guy and the thought strikes painfully in Mark's chest.
 
That young man with the nice smile ruined Mark's plans of trying to persuade YeonJi to give them another try.
 
She seemed happy and that's all he wanted, though he'd much prefer if she were happy with him.
 
"Mark?"
 
The Manager comes out looking through a notebook and notices the even quieter employee in deep thought as he leans against the counter for a break.
 
"Yes Sir?"
"Are you alright Son?"
"I'm fine, just taking a small break"
"Well you look like something else broke as well?"
 
He smiles and gently points towards his heart and Mark chuckles bashfully.
 
Looking over Mark's fallen shoulder at the couple the older man smiles as the familiar girl is flustered from being caught watching in this direction and she gives a shy wave before returning her attention to her date.
 
"You know Mark, it's the season of Miracles and wishes. Anything can happen, it all depends on you."
"What could I say Sir?"
 
The man pokes Mark's chest with the end of his pen making him laugh and fix his slipping hat.
 
"How you truely feel Mark."
 
After the Manager leaves his words of wisdom Mark sighs and shakes his head. 
 
Quickly the Waiter writes something in his pad and rips it out like a child sending a letter away to santa.
 
"Ah-ha!"
 
Spotting Woozi with the tray holding the familiar drink Mark stops him and takes over.
 
YeonJi and Mingyu look up at Mark simultaeneously with smiles.
 
"Did you two wait long?"
"No no not at all YeonJi was just telling me this story...."
"The one about her Hanbok getting stuck in her door? That one's my favorite, it's so like her"
"Yes that's the one"
"Excuse you Mark!"
"How many times has your coat gotten stuck in this door YeonJi?"
 
The girl's face blushes from embarrassment as Mingyu laughs and thanks the Waiter as he carefully places their order down in front of them.
 
"Oh Waiter!"
 
A table of girls calls over cutely and Mark smiles and nods his head making YeonJi's smile fade.
 
"Please enjoy your food and happy holidays!"
 
He beams before assisting other customers. 
 
"Wah this looks great!"
 
Mingyu cheers as he dips his spoon into his hot creamy soup. He looks up at his date who's eyes continued to follow the handsome Waiter around.
 
Feeling eyes on her YeonJi turns and apologizes with a beautiful smile.
 
"I'm sorry Mingyu. I promise I'm usually a fun date!"
 
She laughs with her hand over and the young man sighs defeated and urges her to eat.
 
"Do you want my advice YeonJi?"
"Hmm?"
"I think you're trying really hard to deny who you really want to be sitting across from you right now. Because obviously you don't want it to be me haha""
 
He motions his head towards Mark who had busily taken over the cashier spot after Jimin once again causes a delay with his bad puns.
 
YeonJi looks over and smiles, feeling a bit sorry for the busy employee who's probably exhausted but still smiling brightly without a care in the world, just like he always did.
 
Mark was so perfect. The perfect gentleman, the perfect friend, the perfect boyfriend, the perfect everything it made her realize just how much she needed to work on herself.
 
She was such a scatter brain and he was always on point she thought that they couldn't be together until she learned to handle herself.
 
Now it seems she's missed her only chance with him as he continues to treat her like everyone else.
 
"I think I'm too late"
"You'll never know if you don't try am I right? I mean I would've never had this chance with you if I didn't ask and though it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for I still enjoyed myself"
"Me too Oppa. I'm sorry."
 
She smiles warmly and gives Mingyu's hand a squeeze. Mark catches this and he yelps as he accidently closes the register on his finger.
 
Well at least he gave her extra napkins because she forgot to ask like she usually did. Forgot to ask just like she forgot them.
 
"Happy holidays Hyung"
"You too guys have a great night!"
 
Mark calls out from the top of the ladder as the other employees leave for the night.
 
He's sitting on top of the ladder with a dreamy smile as he continues to adjust the festive decorations around the shop.
 
He hoped the customers had enjoyed his hard work. It took him forever to make those paper snow flakes and hang all that tinsel.
 
The wreathes made him itchy and he became frustrated when one light of the Christmas lights would go out then they all would go out.
 
"Done. Oh I'm sorry we're closed"
"Yah!"
 
Mark looks over at the door curiously as a customer enters and his eyes widen as YeonJi whines and fights with her coat caught in the door way.
 
She looks up at him, blowing her bangs out of her face, and bows apologetically.
 
"Am I too late?"
 
Mark quickly but carefully climbs down and unhooks the caught girl.
 
"Sorry YeonJi but you know we're closed"
"That's not what I meant"
 
Now that he was closer Mark could tell she had been running.
 
She dug around in her pocket and pulled out a handful of napkins and among those napkins was his folded up note.
 
She opens up the note and bites her lower lip hopefully.
 
What I Had With You YeonJi I Don't Want With Anyone Else -Mark
 
Mark blushes at his crooked handwriting and scratches the Santa hat on his head.
 
"Am I too late Mark?"
"I just...wanted you to know how I felt but I think I was the one who was too late...what's this?"
 
She hands him her own folded up note and upon opening it Mark smiles with a twinkle in his eye.
 
What I Had With You Mark I Didn't Want With Anyone Else -YeonJi
 
She hooks her hands in front of her with her eyes to the floor to hide her blushing face.
 
"I wanted to give you that before Mark but I thought I was too late...."
"What about Mingyu?"
 
She shakes her head and Mark bites his lower lip.
 
"Why did you leave me YeonJi-ah?"
"Because you were so great Mark and then I realized I wasn't. I wanted a chance to make myself better for you but then you acted like you've gotten over me so I thought I was too late...but I never lost hope."
 
Mark shakes his head and chuckles. Digging into his back pocket he hides something in his hand and holds it over them.
 
"You were perfect for me YeonJi-ah I wish you gave me the chance to show it to you."
 
YeonJi looks up as Mark's hand opens and she smiles at the dangling mistletoe.
 
She gazes into his eyes as he takes a step closer to her.
 
"And now I hope you'll give me that chance. You're not late in fact you're just in time."
"In time for what?"
"My Christmas Miracle"
 
He whispers before lowering his head and capturing YeonJi's lips in his while holding the mistletoe over them.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author Note: Was this okay Reader-nim D: ♥ I hope you enjoy it at least a little bit considering it took so long but I did disclaim I am a slow writer haha Happy Holidays everyone! I don't write during holidays so I'll see you all after New Year~ Love you and stay safe! \o/