~ Chapter 8 ~ (Baekchen special)

Questions, Theories and Wonders

"I'm gonna take a shower, if that's okay with you Mr. Jongdae, or would you like me to open up a spa for you before I clean myself in the shower, or maybe give you a full on body massage, or maybe just-"

    "Oh my god, Baekhyun, just shut up and get in the shower," Jongdae huffed, watching the other male chuckle in achievement as he jumped into the bathroom and locked the door.
    The apartment suddenly felt empty, with Baekhyun contained in one room for at least an hour, it meant Jongdae had the whole place to himself, no screaming Sehun and Chanyeol, no grumpy Kyungsoo, no bossy Junmyeon, no hyper Jongin, no early-morning Minseok,no disastrous Yixing, certainly no Zitao, Yifan and Luhan.
    Just Jongdae in the remaining rooms.
    And he really missed his hyungs.
    He liked Baekhyun, heck Baekhyun was one of his best friends, but he wondered how long he could survive with just one person who he really knew, one person who was also dumped in the same situation and was clueless about everyone and everything, one friend who had the same experiences and memories.
    Jongdae knew that even now if he was happy and friends with Baekhyun, soon they would get tired of each over, and when you get bored you start saying weird things, bad things, or they could not be bad things and just misheard that way. 
    But at the moment, Jongdae was happy with Baekhyun by his side, as a good friend.
    A very good friend.
    Jongdae started drifting off, singing along to Best Luck in a quiet murmur as he searched through the fridge and cupboards, there wasn't a lot except some microwave meals, in which he took anyway and threw into the microwave, just some pasta, but it would do. Half an hour dabbed into the buttons and he was done, watching for a few minutes as the lights lit up inside and the two small meals spun around.
    Such a simple life, it was so relaxing.
    Jongdae stood up, but suddenly he didn't know what to do, there was no training, no schedule, no performances, no interviews, it was just Jongdae in the house and Baekhyun taking a shower, and it dawned on him how easy it could be just to live this life. If he hadn't of gone on that audition and he hadn't had gotten through, or he hadn't of met that girl and written a song and practiced it before she left, then he never would've been where he was, and now, he was experiencing really what he would've done if he hadn't done all those things. It was nice, but being an idol was for him, it was his life.
    Snapping out of his day dreams before he fell on the marble floor asleep, Jongdae thought he might as well explore the wonders of his room he would be staying in for who-knows-how-long, accidentally trespassing into Baekhyun's beforehand (shows how well he knew the place). He entered and overlooked the white wallpaper and the grey curtains, there were a few ornaments like table clocks, lamps, but other than that, the room was so bland.
    Note to self; get something to brighten up this prison. 
    He started to go through the drawers, nothing but a few shirts, socks and underwear, that is until he stumbled across a diary. It was dark green and pretty plain, having a small golden boarder around and a gold coloured lock. Jongdae totally disregarding the fact that the lock was there and firmly shut, he tried to open the book to no success. Suddenly curiosity filled him up and he suddenly had a new goal; find the key and open the diary
    And so Jongdae went on the dangerous task and journey to find the key, he was guessing it was going to be small and gold, and since his bedroom was fairly tidy he thought with some effort he'd find it before Baekhyun got out of the shower. Throwing anything in his way to the side, digging through clothes, both on the floor, in drawers, and hanging up, disemboweling his wardrobe and stripping his bed bare, looking in every single crack, corner and shelf.
    Nothing.
    He left his room and started going through the spare bedroom, which was empty anyway except from a bed and an empty wardrobe. 
    Still nothing.


Baekhyun sighed as the steam flew out of the open glass door of the shower and he stepped out, inspecting his hand.
    He'd hit it really hard when he was having the luxurious shower, and in the most menacingly way he was sure he'd heard it crack. Nevertheless he bit down his lip and didn't scream out in pain because he didn't want to alert Jongdae and worry him.
    However...
    "Jongdaeeeeee!" He wrapped a towel around himself and then slammed open the bathroom door, letting out steam as he whined loudly for the other singer.
    He heard an agitated sigh and giggled under his breath, well, it was either calling for him or screaming his heart out in pain.
    A slightly rushed and flustered Jongdae appeared from around the corner and living room, strolling up to Baekhyun, he asked surprisingly softly, "What's wrong?"
    Baekhyun suddenly felt bad, Jongdae might have been doing something important and here he was, calling for him and whining like a little kid.
    He gave a small glance at his sore hand and shook his head, "It's, uh, it's nothing," and smiled, looking up at Jongdae. Said male raised an eyebrow in more of a concerned way than and annoyed way, before slowly nodding and leaving the strange scene. 
    Baekhyun suddenly had been given a glimpse of the extension of Jongdae's kindness; his patience and his concern, he was the friend that anyone in the normal world would most probably die for. 
    Jongdae was a good friend and Baekhyun took it for granted.


There was no key! It was nowhere to be found, not under the sofa, under the cushions, in the drawers, in the cupboards, under the mats, under any rip in the carpet, under any tiles loose in the kitchen, not in the small bookshelf, nowhere!
    Jongdae, feeling nothing but frustrated, pulled out a chair at the dining table and sat down, humming 'Growl' under his breath as he tapped his finger to the beat of the song and shut his eyes tightly, trying to think carefully about where that damned key could be.
    "Uh, are you okay?"
    Jongdae opened his eyes to see a now dressed Baekhyun pulling out a chair opposite and sitting down, a plain smile on his lips.
    "Yeah, just frustrated..." he growled.
    Hah, growled.kill me now
    "You're not an idol anymore Jongdae, you should sit back and relax, put your feet up, you know?" Baekhyun laughed, pushing his chair further from the table and settling his feet on the table, going by his words.
    This made Jongdae think, and for a moment not about the key.
    How could this be relaxing? If all Jongdae was used to was singing and...singing. He wasn't like Baekhyun, he couldn't just 'relax'. Relaxing for him was singing, and he wanted to do some singing, on a stage, that's how he wanted it. Despite being so free, at the moment, Jongdae felt slightly...claustrophobic. 
    "But I miss my real life," Jongdae explained, turning his head around, although all he could see was Baekhyun's feet, he stood up so he could meet eyes with Baekhyun and show that he wasn't joking around for once, he was serious and he wanted Baekhyun to know it too.
    "Baekhyun this is all either a dream or we're just going crazy, but whatever it is, it's a lie, and I don't want to live a lie," he explained, he wanted to pour out the frustration, and not just about the key, but about everything. The thing he hated more than anything, even being depressed, was being lied to, at the moment, that was all that was being thrown at him.
    "How can you say that?" Baekhyun looked up at him with sharp eyes as if he was crazy, and retracted his feet from the table and crossed his legs instead.
    "How can you say that," He repeated, then continued, "When all you do, every single day, is lie? You're tired, Yixing is tired, Minseok is tired, Junmyeon is tired, I'm tired, and yet we continue as if nothing is wrong. Jongdae, this is about the closest you are going to get to the truth, even now, you're not lying to any cameras, you're letting out the truth, to me, your friend, and that's what's important," he averted his eyes away from Jongdae for a moment and said a little more quietly, "Maybe that's why we're here, maybe we've had things eating away at us that we just haven't talked about," and then he turned his eyes back to Jongdae. They were honest and sharp at the same time, very different from the usual eyes Jongdae used to.
    The true Baekhyun? Or the true Jongdae? In fact Jongdae didn't know either very well, they were both very distanced people, especially Jongdae.
    No, Chen was the furthest away.
    He was a great singer, he was a fairly good dancer and actor, and he was also fairly good looking, but that was it. He was, maybe the guy who smiled a lot and laughed a lot, but that was it. There were no more pages to this 'Chen', except from a key. 
    The key was Jongdae, and Jongdae was a whole other book.
    "I'm looking for a key," Jongdae sighed, crossing his arms, and Baekhyun at first looked at him slightly baffled and took back, maybe even offended, until he uncrossed his legs and leaned against the table, rubbing a hand between the thumb and index finger of the other.
    "What for?" He asked, letting off a mischievous smile, the smile Jongdae was most used to, which led him able to relax.
    "A diary I found in my room, it's small I'm guessing and maybe golden coloured," he explained, eyes widening slightly at maybe the success he was about to stumble across.
    Baekhyun smiled and stood up swiftly, grinning, "Oh yeah I have that in my room-"
    "Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" Jongdae half laughed half cried.
    "Well sorry, but if you haven't noticed, I've only just heard about this 'key', come on, I'll give it to you since you seem to need it so badly," he chuckled at the excitement practically pouring out of Jongdae. He led the little kid to his room, opening the door while Jongdae followed right behind, and watched as he pulled out a drawer, and inside a little laced up, dark green (like the diary) box, buried under piles of folded up clothes, was a small golden key, just like how he had guessed it would've looked like. 
    As soon Baekhyun took it out of it's resting place and held it up, delicate fingers holding it for Jongdae, Jongdae took it in his grasp with a rushed 'thank you' and raced back into his plain room and grabbed the diary that was rested on his bed, ready to be opened.dirty mind activated again
    He jumped on the bed and then flipped the diary over so that the lock was showing, and entered the key with no hesitation. It fitted in smoothly and when Jongdae turned the small and fragile key, it clicked nicely, like ringing to Jongdae's ears.
    He whipped the lock out of the way and turned it back over and opened up onto the first page and...
    Nothing.
    He could heard Baekhyun who had followed him into the room giggling, but he ignored it as he flipped through the diary.
    The empty diary.
    He continued to flick through and Baekhyun laughed behind him, "Wow, that looks like a good book Jongdae-ah, what's it called?"
    Jongdae sighed.
    "It's called the 'Please-burn-me-now' book," and jumped off the bed, in search of some matches.


 

So I was busy, again. *dies*

Actually I was in fact waiting for my poster, because I wanted to post the next chapter with it, do you guys like it? It's amazing isn't it!!! (it was so worth the wait) for credits of the poster (because of course I didn't make it, go check out the foreword.

fangirls asdfghjk

I have also been watching Go,fighting! Because I love Asian Gameshows, they're one hundred times better than the British ones (and it's difficult for me to get a hold of the American ones) and at first I was like 'Oh my adorable Yixing is in it, might as well take a look' and now I'm obsessed! It's the funniest thing ever, and it's so interesting to watch. I love all the people on it, not just Yixing (although Yixing is so innocent on the show that it just kills me) and the way they betray and throw each over away kills me. You can find the eng subs on youtube, I would totally reccomend it if you have time to kill.

Also I keep on watching EXO Immortal songs for some reason? I love live performances, they're always the best, and omagawd Baekchen's duet asdfghjryewtyrgfsadwegrfbcesbf *dies again*

I could literally listen to the two of them sing together all day.

Also I've been watching a lot of B.A.P and Seventeen, because they've become my new asdfghjkl.

Sorry this is so long, but, yep .^. (have you noticed that I didn't use a single emoticon throughout that entire speech? o0o)

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this small Baekchen special, the nest chapter will be back to normal.

Wuv you ~

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry can I just put this here?

Thank you :3