~ Chapter 6 ~

Questions, Theories and Wonders

After their americano, the two dancers had decided they would head back home.
    It was strange for Jongin, to suddenly be calling the place he had magically appeared in as his home. And yet, it did feel oddly comforting, like had had recognised it before and lived in it for a while. The surroundings as well, Jongin felt like had could...live in a place like that forever.
    But then he remembered his dream, his dream was always to be a well-known singer and dancer, and yet when he had the grasp of the thing every body wanted, he complained and jumped back at the chance of a normal life, the thing every body didn't want and tried to avoid.
    It sounded really selfish, and it probably was, but Jongin couldn't tell right from left anymore, good from bad, idol from none and even love from friendship.
    And then there was that other thing, the thing that bugged him, frustrated him, yet made him push forward in his career; Yixing and Sehun.
    Yixing was an amazing dancer, and Jongin had always been humble, but when he became a trainee, he did have his head held up very high, and internally, he was sure that he was one of the best dancers, but then he met Yixing and Sehun.
    Sehun was an odd one, as Jongin for a few times had seen the younger at his full potential, and yet the maknae held it back several times. Jongin was fairly sure Sehun was that of a free spirit, he struggled on being taught and showed how to dance, but if you asked him to freestyle, he would jump at the chance, but even then it depended on how big the crowd was or how bright the spotlight was, to determine how he would dance.
    Yixing was similar but in a different way, as he was way too humble. Several times when the MC's would say, 'Kai you're such an amazing dancer', Jongin would point out, 'Lay Hyung is also an amazing dancer', and yet when they finally turned their attention to the quiet male, he would smile and nod, show off his dancing skills, and yet he never mentioned it again, never bragged about it, and unlike Jongin and Sehun who couldn't stop their bodies moving, even in the most simplest of ways, he was always dead still, sometimes he hardly even blinked.
    Moving the two of them and trying to push them to their full potential, had seemed to be Jongin's authority all of a sudden, and although Yixing was also excellent at his singing, composing and even rapping, Sehun's pure, heartfelt talent was dancing and dancing only, and Jongin tried to make sure everyone could see that, including him.
    Jongin had this special feeling for Yixing though, he didn't know what it was, but it felt like...protection (?).
    For a while since he had known Yixing, it had gotten stronger, and Jongin thought everyone felt that way, mainly because of the amount of people who had left Yixing, and he was thinking that maybe because he was the only Chinese member left, that was, unless the incident with Zitao got sorted, that that was the reason he had suddenly had a growing protective spot for Yixing.
    He knew he cared a lot about the older, maybe his feelings were stronger than they were meant to be, but really Jongin didn't care, because he was pretty sure it would pass as quickly as it had came.
    However had also felt sad for Yixing.
    He may have been quiet and gentle, caring for others and so forth, but it seemed he had done it so much, everyone had just looked over it.
    Seeing as it was the most up-most and perfect opportunity, Jongin took it in for account and spoke up as they walked alongside each over down the pavement, heading back for the block of apartments, "I want to treat you," the words slipped out of Jongin's mouth with ease, and although they had come out a little more relaxed than he had intended, causing him to be embarrassed, he didn't regret them.
    Yixing had suddenly been snapped out of his thoughts and looked up Jongin with a flash of curiosity in his eyes, "Why?"
    Jongin couldn't help but smile, instead of asking 'how?', he asked, 'why?'
    It was kind of cute.
    "Because I think you deserve it, you've been working extra hard lately, and you know it too," Jongin explained, and furrowed his eyebrows, not meaning to look aggressive, but to show that he was determined that the plan would go on.
    Yixing's eyes widened for a second before he nodded and turned away, looking slightly shocked as he replied quietly, "Um...okay then..."
    Jongin suddenly panicked slightly, as he had no idea on how to please Yixing and treat him, but then also, Yixing's precious milk that he had forgotten.
    "Yixing!" Yixing stopped dead in his tracks along with Jongin at the sudden screech of his name.
    "We forgot the milk!"
    Yixing sighed, looking like he was mentally cursing himself before digging into his long coat pocket and brought out a leather wallet, waving it  gently in the air and explaining softly, "I'll go get it."
    "Okay, I'll wait for you in the apartment," Jongin explained, and watched for around a minute as Yixing slowly (very slowly in fact) made his way back to the town. Jongin however, turned around and sprinted back full pelt, in an attempt to try and conjure something up at the apartment.
    Although he had spilled his plans out to the Chinese dancer, he thought he could at least make something simple to start off with before he got back home, and surprise him by doing the treat that very night. Knowing Yixing, Jongin knew that the older would most probably take around an hour (for milk) because he would get distracted most probably, walk very slowly and/or not even know where to find the milk.
    Already Jongin was jumping two steps at a time up the tower block, lucky him, being on the top floor of the block of flats.
    Once had had reached the top, he gasped in desperation for his breath, and then gave a few glances down the corridor, as trying to remember where you live is normally a key vital in a normal life.
    When he landed eyes on the right door, 98, he raced over, fiddling annoyingly with the keys before yanking them out of his pocket and slotted the correct one into the keyhole, while also fiddling with his phone as he dabbed in some numbers he had spotted on the way there.


Baekhyun walked alongside Jongdae as they decided to head back to the apartment after a journey through the woods.
    After their chat, Baekhyun...crying, they had agreed not to talk of the matter anymore unless necessary and took a nice stroll in the woods. It was around autumn, Baekhyun had gathered, well, he had never really looked properly, and when he did it seemed pretty obvious. Baekhyun liked it, it was sort of relaxing.
    "Do you think..." Jongdae broke the silence as they walked back the way they had came.
    Silence.
    "Are you actually going to speak some time soon?" Baekhyun asked, while Jongdae laughed and finally said something, "Do you think we'll see Yifan? Or Luhan and Tao?"
    Baekhyun honestly didn't know and shrugged, "Even if we did, they wouldn't know who we were, like Chanyeol."
    Jongdae nodded faintly, his head slowly descended to look at the forest floor beneath them, "Maybe it would be better that way."
    Baekhyun knew that the three of them leaving hurt everybody, and it hurt him too, a lot.
    He tried to laugh it off, despite it not being something to laugh about, and he tried to make the others smile and such, but...
    Baekhyun being Baekhyun, he tried to make them smile, the three who left anyway, and so he got very close to them, and when he got close to them, he could see up close just how much they were falling apart.
    It was both frustrating, to know that his efforts were wasted, but also very, very...sad, because he knew that just like Baekhyun, the three of them had a dream, and although they were probably all having a great time in China, their dream had started out with EXO and EXO just turned out...not to be for them.
    But it was them, for them, about them, they made up EXO, and that was where Baekhyun got annoyed, because they left and expected the rest of them to just pick up the pieces.
    It was difficult and hard for everybody, and just thinking about it gave him a strain in the head.
    EXO were professionals though, and so they would go through it, professionally. 
    Professionally.
    Yeah right.
    The trees along either side started to part and the block of flats were in view just across the road.
    "Home sweet home, actually," Jongdae smiled, tucking his hands in his pockets, "I kind of prefer this home..."
    "Really?"
    "Do you like spending a dorm with eight other guys?"
    "Well it can be a bit loud-"
    "And crowded-"
    "And unattended..."
    "See, at least here it's just the two of us, we can actually have separate showers, Baekhyun-ah, and take as long as we want when we do shower, no more sharing!" Jongdae exclaimed, eyes shut (which was dangerous while walking) and humming in joy for a moment before opening his eyes once more.
    "Who said we can't share?" Baekhyun asked slyly with a smirk, and to that quickly Jongdae shook his head.
    "If you're going to be like that then you can have the sink," Jongdae explained firmly, Baekhyun laughing in the process.


Yixing smiled as he came across the stairs that brought him to his home.    
    Was it really home though?
    It felt like it, he didn't know how or why, but it just did.
    Maybe the fact Jongin was in it?
    No, it wasn't that...
    Yixing knew he was very late, and yet he felt happy. When he was looking around for a small store, an elderly lady had dropped her stuff and he ran over as the hero he was to pick the stuff sprawled along the floor. It was her shopping and she looked surprised when the gentleman suddenly appeared from nowhere, picking everything up and placing it back in her small cotton bag. When he had finally retrieved all the stuff, he passed the bag back to the grey-haired women with a smile.
    "Thank you very much," she threw a smile back at him, then asked, "Are you new? I would've recognised a handsome face for yours."
    Yixing smiled, he had gotten many compliments on how handsome he was, but such a warm-hearted and honest compliment shot right through him.
    "Um, yes, I moved in where that block of flats is," he turned and pointed to the big building in the distance down the road, and returned to see the elderly lady nod, then asked, "So what's your name?"
    Yixing was tempted to say Lay, but then he remembered that he was no longer that famous singer and dancer.
    "Zhang Yixing," he bowed one and a half times.
    "What a unique name," she awed.
    "I'm Chinese," Yixing explained, the lady started laughing and Yixing joined her, although he wasn't entirely sure why they had started to laugh.
    "Well your Korean is very good," she praised him, and he found himself bowing once more.
    "Thank you."
    "I'm Ji Gyeong, but you can just call me Ji," she explained, Yixing nodded, hoping, begging, that he would remember.
    "So what are you looking for?" Ji asked, and Yixing was confused how she knew, until he remembered how lost he felt before he noticed her shopping sprawled all over the concrete pavement, and he guessed he probably looked lost as well.
    "Just a place to find some milk," he answered slightly shyly from embarrassment, feeling like a little boy once.
    "Oh, just head over there then," she pointed towards the convenience store. 
    "Thank you very much, I hope to see you again!" He called as he jogged over to the store.
    And so he retrieved the milk, having a nice talk with the cashier as he did, and slowly made his way back to the flats.
    The Chinese male was slightly worried that the younger would be mad at him, since he didn't have a watch on him, he had no clue on how much time had passed, although he guessed it was quite lot.
    Lightly he stepped his way slowly up the stairs, carrier bag in his right hand, with not just milk but some pepero, lots of water and some fruit, just because he thought they needed a bit more.
    Finally he reached the top, and continued to stand on the top step like a lost child as he tried with all his might to try and remember where his apartment was. After staying in the same spot for a few minutes, looking like he had slept standing, he wondered over to the door 98, and knocked on the door, since there was only one key between them.
    The puzzled male heard the door unlock, yet no one opened the door, so carefully he pulled on the handle and opened up the door, peering through carefully to see if anyone was there, but no one appeared. He continued to open the door fully, until his eyes lay upon the room entirely, and especially, on the dining table which sat in the right hand side of the room next to the kitchen. On it, was a display of Chinese food, hot and on plates, looking delicious and enough for two.
    Yixing stood, staring at the food and the way it was set out perfectly and just...all of it, of course only one person could've done something like that, and he could do nothing but stare, gripping tightly on the plastic shopping bag before it slid out of his hand in pure amazement.
    Jongin suddenly appeared, from the small corridor on the left, and in his hands, was a shining, glistening, newly polished guitar.
    At the sight, Yixing finally did drop the bag, mainly from shock, but also as Jongin gripped the guitar with one hand and used the other to pull the smaller male in for a hug, saying as he did so, "Thank you, hyung."


 

Hi! ~

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, again, my alarm clock had decided not to work, and so whenever I had the oppertunity to have three hours in the morning before school to write, I ended up rushing around and had no breakfast.

Also, next chapter is going to be purely Kaixing hardcore too...well...a bit...OMO I'm literally going to start writing now, but then afterwards it's going to be purely Baekchen, then I'll return back to the shared prespective.

Hope you enjoyed! ~