~ Chapter 12 ~

Questions, Theories and Wonders

There is quite a lot of swearing at the beginning of this, just a heads up, even though it's not even that bad XD Anyway enjoy, and please read the A/N if you can ;-;

 


 

"Jongin, stop!" Yixing wasn't weak, nor was he frail, but the look Jongin was giving Zitao was like he was about to really hurt him.
    A few minutes ago and the two were returning from Yixing's work, only to come across a very drunk looking Zitao, despite it not being too late and no where near drinking time, but there he was, standing there with a bottle in his hand and a look that could kill.
    All the two had to do was pass him, but while Yixing tried to avoid all eye contact and look at the ground, Jongin turned to look at the drunk Chinese with fascination, and that's when it happened. 
    "What are you looking at? You !" He screamed, throwing his then empty bottle at the feet of the two passer-by's. The bottle smashed into lots of pieces, some big, some small, and one in particular which found it's way to Yxing's already damaged foot. Jongin also got a bit of glass cutting his foot, but Yixing had it worse and stumbled where he had stopped for the moment. He inspected his foot which started to bleed and looked up to see Jongin with a concerning look, before his eyes turned almost completely black and he turned his head away, stumbling slightly and shaking his foot to get bits of glass out of his shoe, while making his way towards Zitao with a fist clenched.
    "The hell do you think you're doing?! You could've hurt someone badly!" He yelled, making his way to Zitao who already towered over him.
    And then they were back to the present.
    Yixing stood a few steps behind, limping slightly because of his foot and tried to grab Jongin's arm which looked like it was ready to swing into Zitao's face. The two started spitting insults in one another's face. "You gay."
    "You drunk."
    "ing go back to bed with your girlfriend."
    "Not until you apologise, you ."
    "You're the one who wants the -"
    "GOD THAT'S ING IT!"
    And before Yixing could even jump forward to stop him, Jongin raised a fist which almost collided with the other's face, but before the dancer could even comprehend what happened, another person seemed to have entered the scene.
    Jongdae had grabbed Jongin's shoulder while Baekhyun had stepped between the two. 
    Yixing couldn't believe it; were they really the real Jongdae and Baekhyun?
    "What the hell are you doing?" Zitao hissed, starting to slip down the corner of the concrete wall, getting too drunk to even stand.
    Baekhyun didn't reply as his hair was almost grabbed by the latter, and dodged out the way before kneeing the taller male in the stomach, sending him to the ground and breathing heavily, however his eyes were drowsy.
    "Baekhyun-ah! You can't do that!" Jongdae gasped as he slowly slipped his way off Jongin's shoulder, who also seemed quite shocked from the sudden action from the smaller. Baekhyun simply shrugged and explained, "He's too drunk to even stand, he'll probably forget by the morning," while giving a glance at said male who seemed to have already passed out.
    Yixing gently limped his way over to Jongin and rested a hand on his shoulder, who seemed to be shaking ever so slightly, most probably from anger, and so Yixing spoke instead. 
    "Thanks very much..."
    "No problem," Jongdae said, smiling and returning to Baekhyun's side.
    "Do...d-do you know him?" Yixing asked, directing his head to Baekhyun. He was starting to doubt that that really was the real Baekhyun, because if so, he would have hesitated much more on kneeing his friend in the stomach, but instead just did it like it was nothing. But then, even if that was the real Baekhyun, would he really say he knew Zitao? After all, Yixing and Jongin had been lying ever since they arrived there that they knew no one, when in fact, they knew everyone.
    "N-no, but I think he'll be fine," Yixing took in the slight hesitation in Baekhyun's voice, but pushed it away slightly. Suddenly he was having major doubts in if that was the real Baekhyun and Jongdae, however his thoughts were quickly drawn to a halt as a newcomer appeared.
    "Tao! What the hell?!" The voice was low and raspy and everyone seemed to turn in unison as Yifan appeared, this time with a frown embedded on his face, unlike before when Jongin and Yixing had seen him scrambling after his plushie. 
    "Ah, do you know him?" Baekhyun asked as Yifan rushed past the four pondering men and bent down to pick up the unconscious younger. 
    "Yeah," he grumbled, as he dragged Zitao onto his feet, "I do, unfortunately," he sighed and started to drag the other away through the broken glass, then paused and looked down at Yixing's bleeding foot as he leaned on Jongin slightly, teeth gritted in pain.
    ", did he do this?" He asked, then turned to look at the glass surrounding them. Yixing nodded as he let go of Jongin's shoulder, and watched as Yifan's eyes grew wide and he gave a small bow. "I am so sorry, he's been like this recently and I have no idea why, wait..." he suddenly narrowed his eyes at Jongin and Yixing, before re-widening them.
    "You're the two I met before aren't you?...Er...Jongin and Yixing, right?"
    The two nodded and Yifan gave a nod of his head towards the door that led to the flats on that floor, offering, "Please let me help you, you seem to be bleeding, and this is my fault anyway, and again I'm really sorry," he apologised as he glanced over to Baekhyun and Jongdae, who shrugged and Baekhyun smiled as if he had never just kneed Zitao in the stomach. 
    "It's okay, we'll just go now, bye," and the two slipped past the other three, minus the unconscious male, as it seemed they also lived on the same floor as Yifan.
    Yixing went back to Yifan's offer of helping him and gave a glance towards Jongin. His foot was really hurting and he was unsure on whether he could make his way up the stairs, but when he looked at Jongin, his face was completely un-readable, which scared Yixing, that is until he spoke.
    "That would be very helpful, thanks."
    Yixing was confused, was Jongin really okay with it? He seemed almost pissed at Yifan last time they saw him.


Baekhyun followed Jongdae into their apartment, still slightly taken back by his own actions, but quickly his concern flipped over to Jongdae who stumbled his way over to the dining table like a desperate injured dog and sat down, quickly throwing his shoe off violently and then his sock, to reveal a massive shard of glass.
    Baekhyun's breath almost left him completely as he ran over and looked down at the bloody foot in dismay.
    "What the...why didn't you tell me?"
    "It's nothing, it just pierced through my shoe-"
    "That isn't nothing Jongdae! You've got a massive cut on your foot! How on earth is that nothing?! You seriou-"
    "SHUT UP! I'm fine, okay?! If you're not going to do something good then stop complaining and go away!"
    Baekhyun's eyes widened so far he thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head. For the first time since they were there, Jongdae had properly gotten angry at him, and even back at home, it wasn't pure frustration and rage like he had just displayed. 
    Jongdae was always acting okay, it annoyed Baekhyun. He joked around and got pissed off, but then smiled and laughed and, ugh...
    While Baekhyun was starting to break with the whole EXO situation, he was just...okay?
    No, that couldn't even be humanely possible.
    But not only that, Baekhyun was at the same time annoyed; when he was trying to show his care and compassion, Jongdae yelled at him. Like a child, he would've simply went, 'fine!' and stormed off to let the male bleed to death, but instead he just took a step back and hesitated, not knowing what to do. 
    In the end, he sighed and gently grasped Jongdae's arm, half worried to his ends that the other male would shake him off or even worse slap him in some sort of way, and another half wanting to yank him roughly off his seat, but gladly Jongdae just stopped looking at his bleeding foot and up at Baekhyun with wide eyes, no frown, which surprised Baekhyun.
    Trying not to confuse himself on what he should've done, would've done, could've done, he just lifted Jongdae off his chair, and held his arm, slowly guiding him along the hallway, letting Jongdae limping slowly after, until they arrived at the bathroom. He opened the door with his spare hand and gestured for Jongdae to go in, who obeyed, and then shut the door. Baekhyun gave a glance towards the bath and explained, feeling like they were the first words he had spoken in ages, "Sit on the other side with your back against the wall and your feet in the bath."
    The bath wasn't right up against the wall, it in fact had some tiles that separated the bath from the grey wall, a perfect place for Jongdae to sit, and said male did so as how Baekhyun had instructed.
    Jongdae seemed slightly confused, but at the same time his face had seemed to have grown tired, maybe from the sudden outburst or maybe the blood loss? Baekhyun didn't know, but continued to go on with his plan.
    He turned around to look through the cabinets that surrounded the sink, hoping to find some disinfectant, but disappointed to find none, apart from some plasters varying from several sizes, and set them on the sink instead to use later.
    The male then turned back around to Jongdae and gave a small smile as the male didn't even have the sense to take his shoe off, the idiot, and bent down to slip the remaining shoe and sock off and settled it outside the bath, then gently rolled his trousers up.
    Jongdae did nothing but watch, looking down at him who served him like he was some sort of king.
    Baekhyun then turned to the tap and plugged the drain in before turning on the hot water and a little bit of cold just to make it warm but not too hot. While the water rapidly poured out, he rolled up his own sleeves and watched as the water continued to fill up the tub. After watching for a few minutes, he turned his attention back up to Jongdae with wide eyes, asking, "Is it an okay temperature?"
    Jongdae, looking like a little boy being looked after by his mother, just continued to hang his head and nodded.
    Baekhyun tried not to pressure him too much, there was obviously something bothering him other than the painful looking cut in his foot, and once the water had risen just above his ankles, Baekhyun stopped the taps from continuing to run water and turned to his feet. The blood had seemed to lessen as there wasn't too much tinting the water surrounding his feet, and without hesitation, Baekhyun gently leaned over the edge of the bath and started to run his hands over the other singers feet, rubbing them like a slight massage, and trying to wash away the blood on the injured foot.
    "W-what are you doing?" Jongdae asked, looking surprised as Baekhyun massaged his feet, taking special care over the slightly bleeding one.
    "I'm cleaning your feet so you don't get an infection...and also apparently a massage can help with stress..."
    Jongdae was quiet for a moment as he let Baekhyun do his work, before speaking, "Who said I was stressed?"
    Baekhyun chuckled slightly at his denial of his obvious attitude.
    "I did, it's okay to admit to it Jongdae, I mean, you must get stressed, everyone does..."
    "Yeah but...I don't want to cry on stage."
    What?
    Suddenly the conversation had taken one big turn.
    "Who said you had to cry on stage?" Baekhyun stopped for a moment to look up at Jongdae's eyes, which turned to look anywhere but the latter.
    "But...b-but you've started doing it...and Chanyeol...I don't want to too..."
    "Jongdae...you're speaking as if crying is a bad thing..."
    "Well it is! I...I don't want to give in to tears," his voice was getting ever more so quiet as the conversation continued, and then as Baekhyun sighed, not knowing what to say, he looked down towards Jongdae's feet to try and continue massaging, until suddenly a droplet of liquid dropped into the waters, and Baekhyun paused, knowing what he was going to see but looking up anyway, to see Jongdae, crying his eyes out.
    He'd seen Jongdae cry, obviously, but not like that. 
    They were pouring out and his shoulders trembled, while his face turned red with the tips of his ears as well, and his eyes were leaking with so many tears Baekhyun couldn't even see his eyes clearly anymore.
    "I d-don't want t-to cry..." the male pleaded while bringing out his also trembling hands, as he pathetically tried to wipe the obviously clear tears that started to fall into the water in the bath like rain. 
    Baekhyun didn't know what to do, slowly bringing his hands out the water, and watching as Jongdae cried his eyes out.
    "I j-just wanted t-to b-be a...a singer...w-why d-did I have to...to go through a-all this?!" He asked.
    And honestly Baekhyun didn't know the answer to the question he asked, in fact he was more shocked than anything, with the fact that Jongdae was asking the question he himself had asked himself quite a lot in the past. 
    And then he started to desperately think of what to do, what would be right, for a crying Jongdae?
    What would the happy Jongdae do?
    He'd comfort and hold Baekhyun.
    Baekhyun silently got onto his feet and stepped inside of the tub, at the moment suddenly filled with water, blood and tears, and stepped himself in front of Jongdae, wrapping his arms around him so that his tear-filled face dug into his abdomen, and ran his slender fingers through the other's hair. 
    They just wanted to be singers.
    They never asked for what they got. 


 

So this is reallllylyy late and I'm sorry and *cries*

I'm going to update it tomorrow too though, don't worry .^.

I've had quite a lot of personal affairs, I am currently in Wales in holiday too, so I'm relaxing and stuff, but I couldn't forget about you guys T^T I also made a video because it's been one of my goals, it's on youtube at the moment and lol it took forever to make and it ain't recieving a lot of love because it's rubbish XD But I had fun making it, even though it's supposed to be sad lol XD

Also the whole glass thing is kinda a reference with myself, since I was daning to CMB and I did the part where they throw their legs in the air and then land them down (does it have a name? I dunno) anyway and I ended up getting a blunt pin pierced into my foot, like seriously the whole thing was in my foot and it was the length of my little finger, which is small big still long for a pin, and I didn't have any shoes on so that wasn't pleasent.

Also thanks to my bae bea (lol see what I did there? XD) too-kyute for a bit of advice on this!

Anyway, once again sorry, and I wuv you~