~ Chapter 14 (Baekhyun short) ~

Questions, Theories and Wonders

There was nothing to do.
    If possible, Baekhyun would liked to have stayed cooped up in his room.
    Because what the hell, Jongdae kissed him.
    He didn't sleep at all last night, his mind was set into a state of shock.
    Jongdae's a boy.
    Baekhyun's a boy.
    Jongdae had even told him the girls he liked!
    Baekhyun wasn't a girl!
    It didn't make sense.
    Maybe Jongdae was trying to pull one on him.
    It must've been a joke, Jongdae being Jongdae, he's great and pulling off jokes like that.
    But he was...he was so serious. He didn't laugh, chuckle, even smile. He was depressed and in no mood for jokes, so why would he just throw one in? To lighten the mood maybe? No, even Jongdae knew his limits. He may have liked to hug a lot, and maybe pretending to kiss for fan service, but he knew how...well, uncomfortable it would be for an actual kiss on the lips between the two.
    It was a joke, must be, had to be, was!


Baekhyun slipped out if his bedroom, hit straight away with the coldness of the hallways and the emptiness in the air, he rushed down nevertheless in the fastest pace he was sure he had ever attempted. Almost slipping as he ran into the open dining room and living room, he noticed Jongdae for about five seconds. He was slouched over the dining table, looking half dead with black surrounding his eyes and hair a large mop of mess.
    He was wearing the same clothes as yesterday, implying to Baekhyun that he had not slept.
    Nevertheless, no way was Baekhyun saying anything, and quickly rushed into the kitchen, Jongdae not even blinking from where his head was lying on the table and staring off into the distance. He rushed over to the cupboards and heaved out some snacks, not caring if they weren't exactly breakfast material and grabbing the first thing his eyes laid on, which turned out to be crisps, chocolate and apples. He was so rushed for some fruit he almost grabbed a cucumber, a cucumber!
    Something was defiantly wrong with him, and Jongdae, in fact the whole world around him was turning around in a faster pace than it was supposed to and none of it really made sense. All of it, every single bit was suddenly turning wrong.
    When Baekhyun tried to rush back into his room, arms packed full of food, he noticed Jongdae again. 
    He hadn't moved the slightest, his empty orbs just stared off into the distance.
    And that's when Baekhyun stopped.
    What on earth was he doing? Running away? Or hating Jongdae? Why would he hate Jongdae? Because he...
    Because he...
    "J-Jongdae..." His voice was more of a rasp, it didn't even sound like words. Baekhyun hadn't spoken, hadn't sung, until after yesterday, and even that wasn't late.
    And when he finally decided to turn around, the food pathetically clumped in his arms, he saw Jongdae.
    He was broken, he was so badly falling apart, and what was Baekhyun doing?
    Running away.
    Jongdae had finally moved when Baekhyun turned around, looking up from his arms sprawled across the table, his eyes wide with dark circles deepening, but despite the fact he was lookign at him, his eyes were still empty and dull.
    Baekhyun wanted to cry, but he knew better.
    "W...w-why?" Baekhyun asked in the stillness of the room.
    The sun was just rising through the large windows beside the dining table, and the beautiful shades of orange, yellow and red leaked into the scene, although Baekhyun didn't notice because his gaze was fixated purely on Jongdae.
    Why? It was a question he had asked himself plenty of times in his room, frustrated as he pulled onto his hair and screamed internally.
    But suddenly he was in front of Jongdae, the sun rising and bleeding over their dark and tired faces.
    It was supposed to be happy, they were supposed to be happy, living a normal life.
    So why was the idol life effecting them at that moment?
    Yeah, blame it on that stupid company.
    Blame everything on other people and other singers and dancers and companies...
    That's what you do best Baekhyun.
    "I don't know..." Jongdae shrugged.
    And then something snapped, it snapped into tiny pieces and the pieces stabbed his heart.
    Baekhyun swung his arms up and threw the food onto the ground, watching as Jongdae's face remained unmoved.
    "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW! YOU DID IT! YOU KNOW WHY! STOP LYING! YOU HAVE TO KNOW! THERE HAS TO BE AN ANSWER! THERE'S ALWAYS AN ANSWER! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE WITH TAEYEON AND YOU'RE HERE MESSING IT ALL UP! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"
    Baekhyun screamed and shouted, as if it was supposed to help him in some way.
    Of course it didn't.
    And in the end it just felt like he was screaming those endless words to himself.
    There was always an answer.
    Always.
    He didn't become an idol just to deal with feelings that weren't even supposed to be there in the first place. He wasn't supposed to cry when Yifan left or when Luhan and Zitao left. He was supposed to deal with it professionally, not ing cry on stage.
    He tried to tell himself they were all cowards; Yifan didn't even tell anyone he was leaving and Luhan cowardly fell after him.
    But Baekhyun knew he just missed them...he missed them really bad.
    He missed them as one, and he wanted an answer.
    Was being an idol really for him? All those unnecessary feelings, were they really healthy sitting there?
    Jongdae didn't do anything, he just watched as Baekhyun broke down.
    He didn't come up and try to care and look after Baekhyun for a while.
    And then Jongdae finally did stand up and he walked over to Baekhyun, who had suddenly crouched down to hide his pathetic self.
    Jongdae walked up, practically dragging his feet, and crouched down in front of Baekhyun so he was gently looking into the other's eyes.
    "Baekhyun...I'm sorry..."
    Baekhyun looked up slowly, to see the darkness around Jongdae's thin face being covered with a thin layer of tears.  But what was there to be sorry about? Baekhyun said he could blame anyone but himself, that's what he said, but Jongdae was too nice, seeing him broken, it was horrible. 
    He needed an answer, and instead Jongdae was apologising.
    "But...b-but why d-did you k-kiss me?" Baekhyun asked, desperation almost tumbling him over as he looked into Jongdae's eyes.
    Jongdae gently bit his lip, the tears starting to flow out more with more emotion and more intensity.
    "I don't know Baekhyun..." his voice started to shake violently, and events started to repeat themselves as the two held each over's hands with their own shaking, pale ones and cried.
    "I honestly don't know."


So like the title is stated, this is a really short one, however, the next one will defiantly either be tomorrow or the day after.

This was supposed to have the feels in it, but I accidently overloaded on the feels too much as I listened to Promise while writing and then ended up not knowing what the hell I was writing.

Also I'm at school at the moment, so I'm busy, sorry T^T

Wuv you~