~ Chapter 4 ~

Questions, Theories and Wonders

"I'm pretty sure I've never seen you before..."
    Baekhyun wanted to scream, he couldn't believe it. It was bad enough not being an idol anymore and living in a world he didn't understand, but the fact that one of his best friends didn't know him was just as annoying.
    "Oh, uh...sorry, I knew someone who looked like you with the name Chanyeol and...yeah," he yawned, laughing nervously, "I'm a bit tired, as you can see..."
    But Baekhyun knew he wasn't going to get away with it any time soon as Chanyeol (it defiantly was Chanyeol) just kept an eyebrow raised, a concerned and yet slightly freaked out face was the only type of expression Baekhyun could read.
    "Yeah, uh, okay...well I'm just going to go-"
    "Chanyeol!"
    Baekhyun sighed, mentally face-palming himself.
    Out of all the times Jongdae decided to appear, it had to be at the time when he had only just made sure he didn't look like a lunatic. 
    Chanyeol threw a sharp look at Baekhyun, a look he never thought he would see on one of his best friends.
    "So I'm guessing he has a friend who looks like me and has the same name too?"
    "Yeah, we're both friends with him..."
    Baekhyun glanced at the name tag on Chanyeol's torso.
    A sigh of relief before he resumed, "Ooor, maybe I was just joking with you," he laughed, pointing a the name tag which displayed Chanyeol's name freely without a care in the world. Chanyeol glanced down at the name tag and almost blushed before letting out a thunderous laugh.
    "Aish, I'm such an idiot sometimes..." he continued to chuckle, Baekhyun nodding his head vigorously and laughing along with him nervously.
    Jongdae finally caught up with Baekhyun and just as he started to speak, Baekhyun gave a firm but not too harsh nudge into the male's ribs before leaning in and whispering, "He doesn't know us."
    Baekhyun trusted Jongdae to understand as Chanyeol was still blushing slightly, rubbing the back of his neck, obviously embarrassed. 
    "So, you're new, right? I've never seen you before, oh," he gave a large bow, before standing up to his full height and towering over the two as he greeted, "I'm Chanyeol, if you, uh, didn't already figure that out..." he laughed once more.
    "I'm Baekhyun, this is Jongdae," Jongdae says nothing but nods, much to Baekhyun's relief, as he continued, "Yeah, we just moved in, over there," Baekhyun gestured over to the large block of flats, Chanyeol turning his head slightly, as if evaluating the flats, then turning back around and smiling, "Well, I work in the cafe down in the small town, it's called Some More and a lot of people come, so if you're new, I suggest going there to make some friends with the neighbours," once again he looked embarssed as if he didn't really want to promote, and Baekhyun had only just realised that the other male was wearing a uniform.
    "Well, we'll be sure to come then, right Jongdae?"
    Jongdae just gave a dreary nod, as if he had suddenly become shy, and Chanyeol displayed his perfect teeth once more before walking in the other direction and calling over his shoulder, "Okay, I'll be there when you do!" And turned his back on the newcomers.
    Jongdae sighed, turning away, his mood suddenly dropping and it quickly came to Baekhyun as once again, he was pursuing the other male who sulked away slowly.
    "Is this about me nudging you? Did I hurt you? If I did I'm sorry..."
    "No, it's not that..."
    Baekhyun sighed and caught up to him, walking alongside him, trying to read his facial expression that was hung low along with his face, and Baekhyun ran up in front of him, gripping him onto the shoulders and stopping in his tracks.
    "Come on Jongdae-ah, we've got to work together remember?"
    "Yeah, but..." he scuffed his feet along the forest floor, "I want to go home."
    Baekhyun nodded, watching as Jongdae lifted his head up finally, and relieved to see no tears.
    "Don't worry," he let go of his shoulders and gave him a firm pat instead in it's place, "We'll get there somehow."


Jongin walked alongside Yixing, it was sunny and yet very cold, and the coat he wore only just managed to block out the cold that dared to invade his skin.
    They walked out the block of apartments, only to see a road, on the other side was a forest, while down the left side of the road, it led to a small town, and down the right was nothing but a long road that disappeared into the distance.
    It was strange, there was hardly a car coming past.
    He nodded his head towards the small town and Yixing stopped, "Do you think that's where the SM Cafe is?"
    "Maybe," he turned around to meet eyes with Jongin, eyes wide, "Should we go have a look?"
    Jongin had to pause everything for a moment just to appreciate Yixing's face; he looked so much nicer without makeup on, so pure and white, maybe it wasn't as smooth looking or his eyes weren't as defined, but it gave him a more innocent feel and that's what Jongin liked about Yixing.
    Yixing tilted his head as if waiting for an answer and Jongin snapped his mind back into place, "Uh, yeah...yeah, let's go take a look..."
    And he quickly started to walk down the pavement alongside Yixing, who merely laughed at his embarrassing actions.
    "W-what is it?" Jongin asked, trying not to turn red and burying his head into the collar of his coat.
    "You're so funny sometimes," he chuckled under his thick scarf.
    "Well, you are too," Jongin smiled, but then quickly regretted the words. What if he offended the older? What if he thought Jongin was being rude?
    "I am?" He sighed and shook his head, "Even now, I still don't get why everyone says that," but after Jongin thought he had actually been offended, Yixing laughed at his own words and this led Jongin to be able to relax.
    "It's just your actions I guess, you know?"
    "Not really..." he trailed off as if he had suddenly started thinking about something else while Jongin had paused before he spoke, and Jongin wondered if he'd lost the male and wouldn't be able to get him to concentrate on his words again.
    "I'm sorry I was rude to you..."
    "Huh?"
    "Back at the dorms, I told you to go away, I should have been more polite, but I was...thinking..."
    "Well then it's my fault if I interrupted you, I'm sorry too," Jongin explained firmly, leading Yixing to sigh and sink back into the large scarf wrapped around him, draping over his shoulders.
    They were closing in on the small town, and Jongin suddenly grew nervous.
    Was it like a normal town or was it strange? Did it have normal people in it or no people at all? But then how would Yixing get that text? Was it a nightmare? A trap? Was this all a journey or something and they couldn't get out unless they found something in particular? 
    "Jongin...are you okay?"
    Jongin's stupid and worthless thoughts were once again shattered by Yixing who looked up at him in a concerning way.
    "Yeah, yeah, I'm just wondering if all of this," he gestured to the town, "Is all real..."
    Yixing thought for a moment, and Jongin knew he was thinking because his concentration face was on and the thinking was so intense that it practically rolled off him, until finally he came up with a pretty dull answer, "We'll know when we get there."
    Then he suddenly snapped his head up, and just as Jongin thought it would be something important, alert and ready for what the smaller was going to say, Yixing spluttered out the words, "We need milk!"
    Jongin sighed while Yixing laughed with much proudness in his voice, "I'm so happy I remembered!"
    Jongin nodded vaguely while breaking out a smile, "I'm happy you did too..."


 

So I've got it all planned out, that's mainly why I took so long on this chapter XD

Anyway I hop you enjoy it, now that Exodus is finished, the updates for both this and PLMR should be more regular (make sure to go check out Exodus if you haven't already I'm not forcing you but I will take away all your cookies)

Also I just found out Exo and Suju have been nominated for the Hollywood Choice Awards 2015, I actually don't know what this is for, but Exo and Suju are up against people like 1D and Coldplay (I actually love Coldplay) so immediately I wanted to vote because fi there's any chance k-pop can be more known to the world then I'm in XD

Anyway, here's the link if you didn't already know about it

http://www.portalhollywood.com/2015/06/best-band-of-2015.html

It was really difficult because I didn't know whether to choose suju or exo, but since exo are already in the lead, I thought I would vote for them, exo fighting! XD

P.S Apparently suju are releasing their new album soon!!! ^o^