~ Chapter 1 ~

Questions, Theories and Wonders

If Yixing wasn't a singer and a dancer, then what would he be?
    He thought long and hard about this, moving into every possible position on the sofa to try and get a reasonable answer, but none really came. It was a bit of a strange question, and never had he thought about it for too long if ever it did come to his mind. He'd always wanted to be pop-idol, and always had he been under the cameras, so at his age he didn't really know what a normal life without the fame and the money would be like.
    As he shut his eyes and sprawled himself on the sofa, still thinking about the question but also enjoying the peace and quiet, a face appeared out of nowhere and he could feel the soft breathing on his face and so reopened his eyes.
    Jongin gave a grin as he looked down at Yixing and asked, "What are you doing?" As if he needed to know desperately.
    "Thinking," Yixing answered simply, and Jongin just chuckled, although Yixing didn't get what was funny.
    "Is that all? What about?" He decided to dig further into Yixing's thinking techniques as he went to go grab a drink that was resting on the coffee table with no one to care for it. Yixing sighed, did he really want to let out the secrets of what he was thinking only to be laughed at? No, probably not.
    "Just stuff," he answered simply once again, and Jongin gave a huff of disappointment at his bland answer.
    "What's just stuff?"
    "Stuff, Jongin, please," Yixing turned over so that his head was dug into the cushion on the sofa, meaning that any sounds coming from the real world were muffled, "I want to rest."
    Yixing could sense an aura of disappointment from Jongin and felt slightly bad as the pestering male sat up from the other sofa and Yixing could hear his light feet patter away.
    Maybe he should've been nicer, but then he was pretty sure that no matter how hard Jongin was annoying him, he didn't want to hear Yixing's life questions, theories and wonders, and would get bored of it pretty soon.
    Yixing hoped though as he closed his eyes that he went to go play with some other member and wasn't brought down by Yixing's attitude, that would've been the worst in his mind and although he was slightly annoying when he kept on asking questions, Yixin still cared for the member like any other.
    He guessed he was just a bit embarrassed.
    It's difficult to talk about your thoughts sometimes, especially when they're a bit strange, and so to try and forget the slight guilt he felt, he shut his eyes in an attempt to catch some sleep.

 


 

"What is this? What do you mean I'm annoying?" Baekhyun asked, anger rising from his chest as Jongdae kept a straight face. It was like he was purposely trying to start and argument.
    "I'm just saying, I know I'm loud, but you're really loud and it's get annoying, I'm trying to practice and you're squealing like a banshee, if you're not going to sing well then don't sing at all," Jongdae obviously had something wrong with him today, either someone had done something to annoy him and he was taking it out on Baekhyun or he just wanted to start a fight.
    "Are you saying my singing is bad? Excuse me Mr. High-notes, but you can't just go around making statements like that," Baekhyun tried to keep himself composed but the anger was rising ever so quickly. It wasn't the first time he'd had an argument with Jongdae either, recently he had been turning into a very y singer.
    The most annoying thing was, is that he wasn't joking around. There was this high note he couldn't reach in a song and he was trying very hard, but each attempt ended with a sore throat and a waste of energy. The fact that Jongdae said he sounded like he was squealing sort of hurt Baekhyun.
    "Well yeah, I can, if you're interrupting my singing then it's unfair on me, and everybody else," he explained, leaning against Baekhyun's door.
    "I even had the door closed! How did you even hear me?"
    "It doesn't matter, I did, and after that it wouldn't go away, if you can't shut up then just sing quietly or something-"
    "Hey are you guys okay?" Jongin's head suddenly popped up from behind Jongdae who was propped up against the door, looking sort of down but suddenly willing to help and jump into the argument. Baekhyun wanted Jongin to save himself.
    "Nothing, just discussing something-"
    "Jongin, did Baekhyun's squealing annoy you?" Jongdae suddenly asked, turning around so his head was sideways, and he glanced at Jongin before shooting a glance back at Baekhyun.
    "If he's practicing then it's okay..." Jongin looked away from Baekhyun, looking up, down, left, right, anywhere but at the boy at question, until Jongdae butted in, "Answer honestly Jongin."
    Jongin went silent, obviously looking under pressure, until he raised a hand and scratched the back of his head before answering softly, "It was a bit annoying hyung..." and finally met eyes with Baekhyun.
    Baekhyun felt his heart drop to his stomach and silently lied back on his bed in defeat.
    Jongdae said nothing and left the room, shutting the door, probably smirking or chuckling under his breath or doing something stupid.
    He was probably happy on how down Baekhyun had become, as long as it shut him up.
    Baekhyun didn't want to sing for a long time, he just wanted to lie on the bed and try to forget about it. He guessed he had to score both members points for honesty but...
    Was he really a bad singer?
    Well, the facts said it all, didn't they?
    Trying to not break a tear or start having any other depressing thoughts, he shut his eyes in an attempt to forget about it all.

 


 

Yixing woke, although as soon as he awoke, he knew something was wrong.
    He squirmed around on the sofa, or what he thought was the sofa, but as he opened his eyes and felt something soft under his skin, he realised he was on a fluffy mattress.
    Did a member carry him to bed?
    He knew none of them would do that and sat up to investigate further, realising that he was in fact, in an unknown bed he defiantly did not recognise.
    The male turned and twisted in the bed, it was a single one but slightly bigger than the one back at the dorm, and looking around, he was in a plain room, small but big enough just for himself, with stripy different shades of blue wallpaper and random ornaments scattered all over the place.
    He sat up and looked down at himself to realise he was in a pair of purple and white pyjamas, shorts and a shirt, and that his hair was a mess.
    So obviously wherever he was, he defiantly slept there and stayed for the night.
    He pulled the covers off that were lying on top of him and turned his neck around to see a large window, dark blue blinds covering it, hiding him from wherever the location was.
    Hoping it would help him, he crawled along the bed and propped himself up on his knees and opened up the blind, almost being blinded by the sudden light that filtered through the lines, and when he fully opened them, he realised he was in fact very high, so most probably in a flat, but the most worrying thing was that he didn't know where he was, at all.
    Suddenly he jerked from shock as he heard footsteps outside his door.
    There was someone else there?
    Quickly he scrambled off the bed, although as silently as he could, and once he placed a foot on the dark blue carpet, he turned to look at the wardrobes and drawers.
    They were plain white, having a few bits on the drawers including a brush, some money, a card and a badge saying his name? The most worrying thing though was when he found a small picture frame, and inside wasn't a picture of him, but in fact someone he knew.
    Jongin.
    It was a picture of Jongin standing under a tree, looking up at it with closed eyes and smiling, the sun pouring down on the scene through the leaves.
    It was obviously a very nice picture, but why was it there? And why was Jongin in it?
    He heard the footsteps once again, going the opposite way to which they were before he Yixing slowly put the picture down in which he was holding and headed for the white door.
    Gently he wrapped his fingers around the silver door knob and very slowly and carefully, wincing as it made a large clicking sound, but continuing nevertheless, to pry open the door as quietly as he could.
    As he opened the door, he only opened it slightly and poked his head out.
    He was met by a small hallway, the way he was looking down showed the end of the hallway which stopped just a few steps away. Next to the door he was looking out of was another door, along with another opposite that, and when he turned, he could see another opposite his.
    Just as he turned his head to look at the door opposite his, there was a clicking noise coming from the said door, like the noise Yixing had heard when he opened his own door, and when it started to open, he began to wonder if he should've retreated in case the person who appeared behind the door was dangerous, but as it was opened, he saw a bronze skinned hand curl around the edges of the white door and he was sure he recognised the hand.
    Finally the door fully opened, and a face which was at first surprised, became pleased very easily and very quickly and a shining smile met Yixing's shocked face.
    It was Jongin.

 


 

Baekhyun crossed his legs and Jongdae just looked away.
    The two had awoken to find themselves not in their dorm but in a small flat with each over, they had also awoken in different clothes and most probably...a different life. There were pictures around the flat of them, and little things like cars, money and notes, and it was as if they had changed lives or something. Baekhyun also started to worry if maybe the other members were in the same situation, or maybe it was Jongdae and Baekhyun, maybe they didn't exist in EXO anymore?
    It was strange, but the most annoying thing was the Baekhyun had to share the weird, worrying, strange and slightly scary experience with no other but Jongdae, as if matters couldn't get any worse.
    "Well," Jongdae finally broke the silence, "What are we going to do?"
    Baekhyun almost choked on air.
    "How am I supposed to know? Anyway, even if I did, I wouldn't tell you," he explained, crossing his arms and turning away.
    "Now you're just acting childish," Jongdae grumbled. He let out a sigh however and then turned to explain to Baekhyun, "Whatever's happened, if we are kidnapped or something, then someone will find us..." he ended the sentence with a glimmer of doubtful hope, that is until Baekhyun shook his head.
    "We haven't been kidnapped, if you had done what I had done and checked the rooms, instead of sitting your down here, then you would have noticed that there's only one spare bedroom apart from the one I was sleeping in and you were sleeping in, and it hasn't been entered for days. Also when does a kidnapper dress his victims up in nice pyjamas and put food in the kitchen?"
    "There's food?" Jongdae suddenly sounded brighter and Baekhyun nodded with a sigh.
    "Yes, there is," before watching with dull eyes as Jongdae jumped onto his feet and raced over to the kitchen.
    The living room was an open one, connected to the dining room and small kitchen in one big room, while on the other side, was where the small corridor was which led to four rooms, the one Baekhyun slept in, the one Jongdae slept in, a spare bedroom and a bathroom.
    It was actually very spacey, although it felt like it was shrinking at each and every single moment as the person Baekhyun had to share it was the stuck-up bastard named Jongdae.
    He still didn't know where he was though, and when he caught eyes of the remote and the TV, he was quick to grab the remote as if it was suddenly going to sprout wings and fly away, and attempted several times to figure out how to turn the TV on, before finally succeeding and going straight onto the news.
    So they were still in Korea, that was good to know.
    They were also still in Seoul, that was also good to know.
    But he was trying to figure out where exactly, but the news wasn't going to be revealing any spoilers anytime soon.
    Baekhyun sighed, it wasn't helping him at all and he turned his attention back to Jongdae who was stuffing his face with cereal on the dining table, obviously he wasn't going to be offering Baekhyun any.
    So of course, the male had to actually get up and do it himself, what a surprise.
    He jumped to his feet in a lazy manner and strolled over to the cupboard, opening up several until he got to what he wanted and brought out the box of cereal, a bowl, milk and a spoon and after mixing them together he created his breakfast. Storing the cereal and milk back where they belonged and sitting opposite Jongdae.
    As he sat down Jongdae gave him a glance, gulping down a throat full of his own breakfast which was practically the same, until looking up and asking quietly, "Do you think this is a dream?"
    "More like a nightmare," Baekhyun grumbled.
    Jongdae had enough, face creasing, he threw his spoon into his bowl and just as badly threw his bowl into the sink.
    Baekhyun stopped eating and looked at Jongdae as his shoulders tensed and he peered into the sink. Baekhyun couldn't see his face but he could tell it was very angry and he finally turnd around to show a surprisingly...blank face.
    "What's wrong with you? Do you want to hear an apology? Well I'm sorry, I know maybe I should've told you better but I was very stressed out the time because my myself wasn't doing any better, and hearing you try just as hard trying to sing annoyed me, okay? That's the real reason. But now we're in this situation and we need to work together, otherwise we're just going to be going around in circles, alright?" 
    Baekhyun looked up at Jongdae's face, mixed emotions spilling together.
    He could see in his eyes, that Jongdae was also experiencing mixed emotions.
    He could see anger and frustration, but at the same time, sadness and determination.
    Baekhyun sighed and nodded, no matter how mad he was with the male, he had to trust him and realised quickly that his words did make sense and were surprisingly...rational.
    "Alright," he answered, and then resumed eating breakfast.