~ Chapter 3 ~

Questions, Theories and Wonders

Sorry I haven't updated this in a while, I had to finish a book, yeah it sounds lame, but if I didn't finish it before the deadline my guts would've been ripped out and hung on the shelves of the library by the librarian who hates my soul.

Anyway :3

I got loads of ideas for stories, I'll probably update Exodus when I get back from school today, and this was actually supposed to be posted yesterday morning, but my alarm decided not to work and I ended up being late for school (and last night I was forced to go to bed earlier and so couldn't post it then either).

Honestly, me and my alarm clock, we don't have a good relationship.

Anyway hope you enjoy ^^"


 

Yixing left the apartment with a small breath escaping pale his lips, turning on his heels to watch as Jongin stepped out after him and slotted the key into the keyhole, turning it with a satisfying click. 
    Yixing had to take a moment to appreciate how...normal, the two looked. 
    When first laying eyes upon the contents of their wardrobes, the two had to admit that they still had a sense of fashion in the new life they were living, even though it may have not as has been as...flashy, as their celebrity life, that is if it was true that they were well and truly stuck there. There was also the make up, knowing he didn't have to put it on gave him a sort of feeling of relief.
    They had searched on the internet for answers about what had happened to them, but got nothing but the server constantly replying back 'There is no result for EXO'. 
    It was frustrating, but they had accepted it, that is until they got a proper answer.
    Yixing didn't know whether to be nervous, excited or relieved on finding out that he actually had a job. That is the one on Monday, he would have to go work at. Yixing didn't want to text Jungsu and question it, because other wise there would be a lot to explain, and Yixing was too tired to do such a thing. 
    Jongin smiled and came up beside Yixing.
    The two looked left; a dark corridor, not very well looked after.
    The two looked right; a dark corridor, not very well looked after.
    There was a big red door at the bottom of the right hand corridor however, and they guessed this was the way to the stairs that would lead them out of the block of flats. Yixing was expecting a little bit more since the inside of the apartment was so nice, but obviously not.
    Jongin swung his head to the right and took lead before slowing down so he could walk beside a calm and less-excited hyung.
    Yixing fiddled with the name tag in his pockets before bringing it out and gazing at it sternly.
    "What's that?" The annoying puppy asked.    
    "A name tag for me," Yixing stated the obvious, "It must be for wherever I'm working," he then flipped it between his fingers to look at the back.
    SomeMore Cafe.
    Jongin scoffed as he read the small little sticker.
    "What's funny?"
    "SomeMore Cafe? Really?" He laughed.
    Yixing looked at the small sticker for a moment, before turning flushing red in embarrassment as he didn't get it, but finally it came through his head.
    "SM Cafe..." Yixing finally let out a small chuckle, since it was quite humorous. 
    Jongin breathed in before exclaiming, "He laughs! Finally," and then slipping out a small smile of his own.
    Yixing chuckled once more, putting the tag back into his pocket and sighing, "We might as well have a look around for it when we're out...do you think you've got a job?"
    Jongin shrugged, as they came up to the large red door, he pushed it with a large hand and held it open for Yixing, who walked through and gave a appreciating nod towards the younger, who thought about his question as they made their way down the filthy stairs. 
    "I can always get one, but...how long are we going to be here for?"
    Yixing shrugged, answering, "I'm not sure, it could be...forever...if you think about it..."
    "But," Jongin stopped midway through his sentence as if thinking, and Yixing suddenly became very interested in what he was going to say but stopped himself, and it made him almost trip on the stairs in anticipation.
    Finally though, he spoke, "If this is...real, and not a dream...would you really want to live like this forever?"
    The smaller of the two was about the shrug another time, but stopped himself in a similar way in which Jongin had done.
    "Maybe, it depends...I've never..."
    Then he thought about it, that silent wish he had done in his head before falling asleep.
    "What is it?" The other asked, sounding slightly worried as they reached the bottom of the stairs, leading to a door with glass that spilled out light from outside, despite it being quite cold.
    "Nothing," he replied, smiling and shaking his head.

 


 

"I'm not sure this is a good idea..." Jongdae explained as Baekhyun swung open the door.
    Baekhyun was pretty sure he wasn't going to have any of this attitude from Jongin and let release of the door before stepping through the doorway himself.
    "Well then I'm going on my own-"
    "No, wait!" Baekhyun smirked as behind him, Jongdae tumbled over to follow a sassy Baekhyun out the door, and before he could go back in, Baekhyun turned around and reached behind the other males back, slamming the door shut so that there was no turning back.
    Jongdae flinched as Baekhyun brought himself closer, only to realise the door behind him (his only escape) was shut.
    After tensing, he relaxed when Baekhyun gave him back his personal space and stood back, looking left and right before gesturing towards the grey and bland door that was almost right in front of the door.
    Jongdae let out a sigh and walked with a lack of enthusiasm to the door, turning to see Baekhyun hanging back as he locked the door and returned the key to his pocket.
    Suddenly Baekhyun swore he heard chuckling and when he turned around, the door that was supposed to have Jongdae standing beside it, swung closed.
    Baekhyun bolted onto his feet and burst into the tower block, and when he leaned over the banister of the staircase he could see a head just reaching the bottom of the stairs.
    That bastard...
    "Oi! Where are you going!?" Baekhyun raced after the idiot, he didn't know whether Jongdae wanted payback for being forced outside or just wanted to do it for the sake of it, but Baekhyun really didn't want to deal with a child, as one, he didn't want Jongdae running around outside on his own, and two, he didn't want to be running around on his own. In reply, all he could hear was laughing that shot out the door, echoing until it disappeared altogether.
    Baekhyun was the one who wanted to go out, so why was he worried about Jongdae? Jongdae could take care of himself...
    Screw that, Baekhyun didn't trust Jongdae one bit.
    Finally the exhausted male reached the bottom of the stairs and ran the same steps Jongdae must have out the door.
    He was met by a long path that had green surround it in a neatly cut community garden, while suddenly being stopped half way through by a road and pavement, and then continuing into a forest on the other side. Baekhyun raced down the path and came by the road, glancing right to see houses, bungalows and more flats, while turning his head to the left and seeing the road lead up to a small town.
    It was quiet apart from the sound of birds and the occasional car coming past.
    In fact it was very nice.
    No, Baekhyun snapped out of his daydreaming thoughts; he was looking for the five year old who ran away.
    He continued to stand by the road as if hoping that Jongdae would just stop acting stupid and appear, and he did, except he disappeared just as quickly.
    When Baekhyun rose his line of sight upwards and towards the forest, he saw standing in the middle of the forest path, was Jongdae, who grinned, chuckled and then started running down the path.
    Baekhyun shouted after him, "Hey! Stop!" But lost sight of him as he had to let a car go past, before dashing across the road in pursuit of the runaway.
    Baekhyun started to get swallowed up by the forest, the thick leaves above making the sun that hardly warmed the cold air dim, making it darker and as well as that, colder.
    He didn't like this, and as he wandered down the path he called out, "Jongdae! This isn't funny anymore," like it was in the first place, "Just come out."
    And then he felt it, that sensation when you know something...someone, is behind you.
    Jongdae, it had to be, there couldn't be anyone else.
    Although slightly worried and scared, Baekhyun put a brave face on and turned to face Jongdae nevertheless.
    "You bastard, thought you could-"
    When Baekhyun turned around though, there wasn't a grinning idiot there, but instead, a very tall being in which he walked right into the chest of.
    Wait...
    And then Baekhyun realised what he had said and bowed apologetically to the stranger, "I am so, so sorry! You see I'm looking for my friend who ran away and...uh, how embarrassing," Baekhyun laughed and chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.
    Was it...
    "It's okay," the tall man laughed, his voice low.
    It was...
    Baekhyun craned his neck upwards.
    "Chanyeol?!"
    Chanyeol stiffened, as if he didn't know who Baekhyun was, which might have been the case as the next statement shocked Baekhyun, and he didn't know what to say.
    "How do you know my name?!"